Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

Most people wonder why I am not a ND fan because I am from and live in Indy. It is mainly because I first started watching College Football in the early 80's and loved the way Nebraska played. Also in the mid 80's after the Colts moved here, most Bears fans hated the Colts and Bears fans in general are ND fans because ND is up North. So I just stayed a Husker fan lmao It payed off in the 90's.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People in Nebraska take their Football serious. I have been a fan since 1983. They have a shop there with Scott Frost stuff! May the Frost be with you is on a shirt being sold lmao They have signs saying come home Scott Frost! It's winning time again baby, come back to Lincoln Scott! I approve these messages. He was the starting QB on the 1997 team that won it all and has done a Great job at UCF.

Remember back in the day the Nebraska Mizz rival... it was worth watching then.  Now not so much

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here would be my all-time Final 4 Playoffs:

#1 1995 Nebraska

vs #4 1988 Notre Damn

#2 2009 Alabama

vs #3 1987 Miami

-All teams were undefeated and absolutely dominated!

I think you could argue one of those Tebow led Florida teams could be in this. They were damn near unstoppable. Tebow might not have made it in the NFL but he was absolutely ridiculous (in a good way)  in college. They would beat people 70-0 sometimes.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I think you could argue one of those Tebow led Florida teams could be in this. They were damn near unstoppable. Tebow might not have made it in the NFL but he was absolutely ridiculous (in a good way)  in college. They would beat people 70-0 sometimes.

I should do a Final 8 haha Just too many Great teams left off, the 4 I chose were just off the top of my head.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's official, Scott Frost joins Nebraska! Thank God we still have Tom running things because he wasn't telling Tom no. UCF finished undefeated as well, congrats to Scott on his unbeaten season.

That game was epic. 62-55 is a basketball score lol

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looks like Auburn is toast, so much for beating Georgia the 1st time and beating Bama. They are done.

What did I tell you? Auburn got by mainly because Georgia overlooked how good Auburn could be, and compounded it with a ton of mistakes. Now, if Ohio State beats Wisconsin and Clemson beats Miami, Alabama is in, unless Ohio State beats Wisconsin by 30 or something.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What did I tell you? Auburn got by mainly because Georgia overlooked how good Auburn could be, and compounded it with a ton of mistakes. Now, if Ohio State beats Wisconsin and Clemson beats Miami, Alabama is in, unless Ohio State beats Wisconsin by 30 or something.

Georgia is now in after destroying Auburn, Oklahoma is in, the winner of Clemson and Miami is in that is 3. What if Ohio wins? lmao It will come down to Ohio and Bama for #4. What if Wisconsin wins, than Bama will be screwed for sure then. No way you can leave Miami out if they beat #1 Clemson.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Georgia is now in after destroying Auburn, Oklahoma is in, the winner of Clemson and Miami is in that is 3. What if Ohio wins? lmao It will come down to Ohio and Bama for #4.

I'd love for Wisconsin to win it putting any doubts to rest.

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

If it were up to me id pick Bama. A one loss Bama not making it over a 2 loss OSU team wouldn't be right, IMO. The committee with have one hard decision though.

I would put Bama in as well. Ohio St shouldn't leap frog from 8 to 4 and pass Bama who is at 5. Bama only has 1 loss, Ohio St 2. Ohio St lost by 31 points to Iowa which sticks with me too.

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would put Bama in as well. Ohio St shouldn't leap frog from 8 to 4 and pass Bama who is at 5. Bama only has 1 loss, Ohio St 2. Ohio St lost by 31 points to Iowa which sticks with me too.

OSU got beaten pretty badly by Oklahoma too. Earlier in the year, but still.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Oklahoma is going to win it all if I had to choose a team. Just making the Final 4 of anything is huge though, when the Colts made it in 2014 post Peyton era that was an unreal feeling I hadn't had since we won the SB in 2006.

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Them or Georgia I think. Though with Nick Sabans team in there you know they'll give teams a tough game. 

I'm taking Clemson for the repeat.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

OSU nor Bama should have gotten in. A conference champ didn't get in and any team that says they are worthy of a spot without being a conference champ, having a terrible schedule, and is STILL scheduling FCS schools late in the season(Alabama), shouldn't be in either. Wisconsin, even though they lost, had a better resume than Alabama. 2 schools from the same conference shouldn't get in period.

10 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

OSU nor Bama should have gotten in. A conference champ didn't get in and any team that says they are worthy of a spot without being a conference champ, having a terrible schedule, and is STILL scheduling FCS schools late in the season(Alabama), shouldn't be in either. Wisconsin, even though they lost, had a better resume than Alabama. 2 schools from the same conference shouldn't get in period.

The committee was kind of in a predicament, I wasn't really sure what they were going to do. No matter their choice certain fanbases weren't going to be happy.

11 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I agree with your pick of Clemson to repeat. They have been the best team all year, as long as Bryant is healthy, IMO.

I disagree with the rest though, IMO the 4 best teams should go regardless of what conference they are in.  

18 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Georgia will prolly win they are a damn good team. I hope they win too someone different would be nice 

I think it will be Clemson vs Georgia with Georgia winning. The difference being Kelly Bryant not being the same passer like DeShaun Watson against Georgia's D.

Clemson vs Alabama - Alabama's offense has taken a step back from a year past, not much TE production since Howard left. Hurts stares down Calvin Ridley waaayyyy too much, which hurt him in the Auburn game. If he does that again, Clemson might blow them out. If he spreads it out better, it will be a tight game.

Oklahoma vs Georgia - If Georgia can stay ahead and control tempo vs Oklahoma with good D and running game, it will be Georgia. If Oklahoma spreads it out and forces Georgia LBs to cover more (which I think will be the strategy), it will come down to if the Georgia pass rushers can get to Mayfield which I think they will.

I think Ohio State getting blown out by Clemson last year (though the committee won't admit that) plus their inconsistency this year where they go through streaky offensive production all played a factor too in Alabama getting in outside the obvious road game loss to an unranked Iowa. Wisconsin, if it was in the same Big Ten division as Ohio State, would have had more losses, IMO. It has a serious deficiency in speed and would have been exposed by SEC teams while Ohio State had the speed to keep up, just that its inconsistency did it in.