Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge day today!

#9Ohio St at Michigan 12pm Est, Michigan is ranked 26th just outside of the Top 25 (they are still a Good team) so they have a chance at the upset with this being in Michigan. Look at what Pitt did against Miami. Harbaugh wants this game badly after what happened last season. With a win, Michigan can wreck Ohio State's season.

#1 Alabama at #6 Auburn 330pm Est - Game of the day!

#8 Notre Damn at #21Stanford 8pm Est - Should be a Great game, Rivalry day is fun!

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huge day today!

#9Ohio St at Michigan 12pm Est, Michigan is ranked 26th just outside of the Top 25 (they are still a Good team) so they have a chance at the upset with this being in Michigan. Look at what Pitt did against Miami. Harbaugh wants this game badly after what happened last season. With a win, Michigan can wreck Ohio State's season.

#8 Notre Damn at #21Stanford 8pm Est - Should be a Great game, Rivalry day is fun!

Those should be good games. I hope Auburn beats Alabama although I dont really care for either team. Tired of Alabama winning all the time. 

Looking forward to the Stanford game. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Those should be good games. I hope Auburn beats Alabama although I dont really care for either team. Tired of Alabama winning all the time. 

Looking forward to the Stanford game. 

I always thought ND played USC on rivalry week. That must've changed recently

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huge day today!

I think Harbaugh seat starts getting warm if they lose today, whether right or wrong. Michigan fans absolutely hate losing to OSU. Will be interesting to see how that possibly plays out.

15 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think Harbaugh seat starts getting warm if they lose today, whether right or wrong. Michigan fans absolutely hate losing to OSU. Will be interesting to see how that possibly plays out.

He has to be given more time. How long has he been there? 2-3 years? They need to let him bring in more players. There is too much turnover of coaching in college football. That is why I respect Mark D'Antonio so much. I think he could have left Michigan St to coach another team but he stays. Gary Patterson has been at TCU a while. TCU is always among the best teams year in and year out. Good to see coaches dedicating themselves to the school and to student-athletes. 

17 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I always thought ND played USC on rivalry week. That must've changed recently

That's true. When Carroll was the head coach at USC, they always seemed to play ND towards the end of the year. I believe the last few years it has been Stanford playing ND...

I just checked. In the odd numbered years, ND plays Stanford on Rivalry Weekend. In the even numbered years, ND plays USC at the end of November (Rivalry Weekend). 

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That's true. When Carroll was the head coach at USC, they always seemed to play ND towards the end of the year. I believe the last few years it has been Stanford playing ND...

I just checked. In the odd numbered years, ND plays Stanford on Rivalry Weekend. In the even numbered years, ND plays USC at the end of November (Rivalry Weekend). 

Good stuff. Wonder why they rotate it like that? Maybe ND considers both big rivalries.

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Good stuff. Wonder why they rotate it like that? Maybe ND considers both big rivalries.

I don't know. ND does not have a natural rival because they are not in a conference. They used to play Michigan and BC almost every year but they don't seem to do so anymore.

I always thought ND (football) belonged in the Big Ten.

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He has to be given more time. How long has he been there? 2-3 years? They need to let him bring in more players. There is too much turnover of coaching in college football. That is why I respect Mark D'Antonio so much. I think he could have left Michigan St to coach another team but he stays. Gary Patterson has been at TCU a while. TCU is always among the best teams year in and year out. Good to see coaches dedicating themselves to the school and to student-athletes. 

Oh I agree. In this day and age though people demand instant gratification. They better get results now or else. No one is given time anymore.

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I've always thought it was lame that they aren't in a conference. 

I always thought that ND belonged in the Big Ten. But if they join a conference, they have to share the money from their television deal with the networks. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I always thought that ND belonged in the Big Ten. But if they join a conference, they have to share the money from their television deal with the networks. 

I could be wrong but I believe their basketball team recently joined a conference. The ACC I think?

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I could be wrong but I believe their basketball team recently joined a conference. The ACC I think?

Yeah, ND basketball has always been in a conference. It is football that has the TV deal. ND basketball was in the Big East for many years when the Big East was getting 6-7 teams into the tournament. 

The football team has always been independent (no conference).

My favorite team has always been Nebraska since the early 80's, I started understanding sports a lot around 1983/1984 as I was entering my teen years and just loved the way they played much like the Cubs and that is when the Colts moved here too. Pacers I have liked since the late 70's and Hoosier Basketball because that is all my dad talked about when I was like 8 or 9 years old. lmao Hoosiers Basketball sucks too now :facepalm:

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I seen it coming. My Huskers are 4-8 :Cry:I miss the 80's and 90's.

Mike Riley is another example of a guy who had a stable job at Oregon State and he left to coach Nebraska. Both Nebraska and Oregon State are now looking for new coaches.

I always thought Charlie Strong should have stayed at Louisville. He was building a good team. Many of his recruits were drafted into the NFL. He leaves to take a job at Texas that had no NFL draftees that year. They were devoid of talent. They want him to WIN NOW and he gets fired after a few years. 

I like coaches like Kirk Ferentz, Bill Snider, David Shaw and others who don't leave their teams once they have found success.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Mike Riley is another example of a guy who had a stable job at Oregon State and he leaves to coach Nebraska. Both Nebraska and Oregon State are now looking for new coaches.

I always thought Charlie Strong should have stayed at Louisville. He was building a good team. Many of his recruits were drafted into the NFL. He leaves to take a job at Texas that had no NFL draftees that year. They were devoid of talent. They want him to WIN NOW and he gets fired after a few years. 

I like coaches like Kirk Ferentz, Bill Snider, David Shaw and others who don't bolt their teams once they have found success.

You guys have the perfect Coach in David Shaw IMO, he knows how to run Stanford. I don't have an answer for Nebraska right now or IU Basketball. IU Basketball just hired a new guy and I don't like him. I hope he proves me wrong, they need someone that is more hardcore. I didn't like Crean either.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys have the perfect Coach in David Shaw IMO, he knows how to run Stanford. I don't have an answer for Nebraska right now or IU Basketball. IU Basketball just hired a new guy and I don't like him. I hope he proves me wrong, they need someone that is more hardcore. I didn't like Crean either.

Who is the IU coach? Didn't you guys like Crean? I liked him at Marquette and was pretty good his first or 2nd year. Not everyone is going to have the success of Bob Knight. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who is the IU coach? Didn't you guys like Crean? I liked him at Marquette and was pretty good his first or 2nd year. Not everyone is going to have the success of Bob Knight. 

Crean wasn't a Bad Coach but he didn't have  the IT factor. When it comes to IU Basketball you have to have the IT factor like with Nebraska Football. Yeah I don't expect the next Nebraska Coach to be Tom Osborne LOL but 4-8 is unacceptable.

Btw, besides Barkley, what players have really intrigued you guys? Last year, I liked Dede Westbrook, Adoree Jackson, and of course my Stanford guys Solomon Thomas and Christian McCaffrey.

The guy that intrigues me this year is Mayfield but he is starting to remind me of Manziel. I don't like QBs who cannot maintain their composure. I like Sam Darnold too.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Btw, besides Barkley, what players have really intrigued you guys? Last year, I liked Dede Westbrook, Adoree Jackson, and of course my Stanford guys Solomon Thomas and Christian McCaffrey.

The guy that intrigues me this year is Mayfield but he is starting to remind me of Manziel. I don't like QBs who cannot maintain their composure. I like Sam Darnold too.

I bet Ballard picks an O.Lineman.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks, you just made me feel better lmao 

haha Why that response?

Someone on the radio is talking about this now. They say Frost is a Nebraska guy and "Nebraska is ready to break the bank" to sign him. However, they said that he likes recruiting in Florida and he has a new baby and may not want to move too far.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

haha Why that response?

Someone on the radio is talking about this now. They say Frost is a Nebraska guy and "Nebraska is ready to break the bank" to sign him. However, they said that he likes recruiting in Florida and he has a new baby and may not want to move too far.

I was joking around because he may want to stay in Florida and that would be Nebraska's luck.