Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @GOZER 

How about the Boilers huh?  No one saw that coming.  I was at hunting camp all weekend and couldn't watch, but was glad here about it.  Too bad for me, what game to miss.

Now we just need IU and we are bowl bound ..... would be something under the new coach with limited talent.

7 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Hey @GOZER 

How about the Boilers huh?  No one saw that coming.  I was at hunting camp all weekend and couldn't watch, but was glad here about it.  Too bad for me, what game to miss.

Now we just need IU and we are bowl bound ..... would be something under the new coach with limited talent.

That should be a good game. Both teams need to win for a bowl.

24 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

That should be a good game. Both teams need to win for a bowl.

No kidding.  One of the few between the teams where both are competitive and the game means more than rivalry rights.  Its been a while.  

Because of my wife's profession we have TG Saturday... so our house will be full of people (non-Purdue/ IU, all OSU) and it will be tough to watch.. sigh.  But I will figure out something.

8 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Hey @GOZER 

Yes Sir, pretty stoked about that win, and to still be in Bowl contention! No it won't be a high profile bowl, but I'll take it anyway! Last Bowl the Boilers were in was back in 2012 I believe. Time to put the smackdown on them Hoosiers!!!! Hoping to go to the game since I don't work that day and it's a home game.

56 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Yes Sir, pretty stoked about that win, and to still be in Bowl contention! No it won't be a high profile bowl, but I'll take it anyway! Last Bowl the Boilers were in was back in 2012 I believe. Time to put the smackdown on them Hoosiers!!!! Hoping to go to the game since I don't work that day and it's a home game.

Ha ha ... Yeah!!

All my buddies I was hunting with are Purdue Alum.  Funny, I said to one of them "no way PU beats Iowa, so might as well look forward to IU and next year".... he agreed

THEN..... the news.  We were doing our best to keep up on our phones, but service is poor where we were at... it was a little delayed.  I can't believe we beat Iowa.  Shoulda beat Michigan too and perhaps even Wisconsin.  

I can't wait until next year and even better the year after... assuming Brohm stays that is.

Oh yeah, da da da da da da da da.... IU SUCKS! (just a thing if you are a PU fan)

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

@NFLfan I thought you may enjoy this article (others may too) but its about UKs QB. One of the toughest son of a guns I have ever seen in football. Going to miss him after this year.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2744644-uk-qbs-triumph-over-tourettes-may-be-hard-to-believe-but-its-inspiring-many.amp.html

I loved it. Thank you for sharing. How did you know that I like stories like that?

Btw, whatever happened to the UK player who had the seizure? 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:
1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

@NFLfan I thought you may enjoy this article (others may too) but its about UKs QB. One of the toughest son of a guns I have ever seen in football. Going to miss him after this year.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2744644-uk-qbs-triumph-over-tourettes-may-be-hard-to-believe-but-its-inspiring-many.amp.html

I loved it. Thank you for sharing. How did you know that I like stories like that?

I honestly don't know lol, but I had a feeling you would enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Btw, whatever happened to the UK player who had the seizure? 

He ended up being fine. Scary situation though for sure.

20 hours ago, NFLfan said:

haha You guessed right... I hope KU does not play Stanford in a bowl game. I want to root for this guy. 

Hes awesome. Hes not a QB that will throw 400 yards and 5 TDs in a game, but he is a winner. He probably saved our staffs jobs last year. He was a JUCO so unfortunately we will only have had him for 2 years. 

41 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Lol wow, Arkansas canned their HC 15 minutes after they lost.

It seems that Bret Bielema had just been hired a year or two ago. He has actually coached 5 seasons at Arkansas! Unbelievable how fast time flies. 

Who will take that job? 

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It seems that Bret Bielema had just been hired a year or two ago. He has actually coached 5 seasons at Arkansas! Unbelievable how fast time flies. 

Who will take that job? 

I don't know. I did read earlier that Chip Kelly to UCLA is basically a done deal, or close anyway. 

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am not a fan of Chip Kelly. Never was.

Are you worried about losing your head coach?

Not a huge fan of Kelly either, decent college coach though. 

I think Stoops will end up staying at Kentucky. 2 straight 7+ win years in a row, could possibly finish with 9 wins if we win tomorrow and the bowl game. I think he has us trending in the right direction.

He is very conservative at times and it can drive me up a wall, but its hard to complain too much when he has us winning.