RockThatBlue

College Football 2017-2018 thread

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Correction 27-0, pick 6!

Still tons of time left but looks like Miami will be in the top 4.

• Like 1

Alabama has tied it at 24 in the 4th quarter. I hope Miss St wins.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Alabama has tied it at 24 in the 4th quarter. I hope Miss St wins.

Would be the first time in AP poll history that the top 3 teams lose.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Would be the first time in AP poll history that the top 3 teams lose.

Alabama, Notre Dame and who else? (Which other too team lost or is losing today?)

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Alabama, Notre Dame and who else? (Which other too team lost or is losing today?)

Georgia

• Thanks 1

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Georgia

Yeah, that's right. Thanks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Bama is gonna win.

I see that. Too bad. 

• Like 1

Top 4 - we are probably looking at Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Miami after this week. Wisconsin is also undefeated but I think they will be 5th.

• Like 1

The two games I was looking forward to watching are not competitive. Miami and Oklahoma will both win...

I am exhausted; so, I will soon call it a night. Enjoy the rest of the games tonight. 

• Like 2

Monon Bell Fun Fact

Wabash was almost without their starting K after he was caught trying to steal the Monon Bell from the DePauw Campus

Wabash won a thriller 22-21

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The two games I was looking forward to watching are not competitive. Miami and Oklahoma will both win...

I am exhausted; so, I will soon call it a night. Enjoy the rest of the games tonight. 

Night!

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Top 4 - we are probably looking at Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Miami after this week. Wisconsin is also undefeated but I think they will be 5th.

You could probably make an argument that Miami should be #1. They probably won't be, but I think an argument could be made for it 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Colts need WRs and this Lazard dude on ISU is impressive

How does what seemed to be an area of strength become a need in two years. After the 2015 draft, folks (myself included) were criticizing Colts decision makers for drafting Dorsett when the Colts seemed to have greater needs like OL and defense. At the time, WR appeared to be an area of strength for the Colts. Only two years later, Dorsett is gone and WR is an area of weakness. Lots of turnover of personnel in the NFL!

Many of the WRs in that draft have underachieved -- Kevin White, B. Perriman, Agholor, Jalen Strong, Dorsett, and others. Was Sammy Coates that year too? Cooper and Diggs probably have performed best, but Diggs is injured a lot. Don't draft WR in the 1st round. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

How does what seemed to be an area of strength become a need in two years. After the 2015 draft, folks (myself included) were criticizing Colts decision makers for drafting Dorsett when the Colts seemed to have greater needs like OL and defense. At the time, WR appeared to be an area of strength for the Colts. Only two years later, Dorsett is gone and WR is an area of weakness. Lots of turnover of personnel in the NFL!

Many of the WRs in that draft underachieved -- Kevin White, B. Perriman, Agholor, Jalen Strong, Dorsett, and others. Was Sammy Coates that year too? Cooper and Diggs probably have performed best, but Diggs is injured a lot. Don't draft WR in the 1st round. 

Wasn't Diggs undrafted too? He may be the best WR from that class, unless I'm missing somebody. 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Wasn't Diggs undrafted too? He may be the best WR from that class, unless I'm missing somebody. 

He was drafted in the 5th round.

• Like 1

Top 10

1. Alabama 2. Miami (Fla.) 3. Oklahoma 4. Clemson 5. Wisconsin 6. Auburn 7. Georgia 8. Ohio State 9. Notre Dame 10. Oklahoma State

• Thanks 1

Big game this upcoming weekend with Rutgers @ Indiana. 

Both teams are looking to clinch a bowl game. 

• Like 1

At this point, it is funny that Michigan and Harbaugh can play the biggest spoilers out of the remaining games with a game at Wisconsin and then hosting the Buckeyes following that.

If they pull off a win at Wisconsin, the Big Ten's chances for being in the playoffs is DEAD.

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

At this point, it is funny that Michigan and Harbaugh can play the biggest spoilers out of the remaining games with a game at Wisconsin and then hosting the Buckeyes following that.

If they pull off a win at Wisconsin, the Big Ten's chances for being in the playoffs is DEAD.

I would be shocked if they beat either, IMO. I think OSUs playoff hopes should be done as of today. I don't see how you can justify putting a team in the top 4 who got the doors blown off of them twice.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I don't see them beating the Badgers at home. 

42 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I would be shocked if they beat either, IMO. I think OSUs playoff hopes should be done as of today. I don't see how you can justify putting a team in the top 4 who got the doors blown off of them twice.

As an Ohio State fan, they don't deserve to be in the final 4 no matter what happens. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Holy cow. Miami now down 14-0

Hell I was half a sleep watching Steel with Shaq, time to tune into the Miami game I guess.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stanford and Cal getting ready to come on. Wisconsin stays undefeated and so do the Canes.

Go Stanford!!!

• Like 2

Congrats to IU.

Rutgers got outplayed, outcoached, outeverything.

• Like 1

Finally a long run and TD by Bryce Love. He was being shut out before that run.  17-6 Stanford.

• Like 1