Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

16 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Georgia

Alabama

Notre Dame

Clemson

Top 4 in the first playoff rankings.

Oklahoma and Ohio State should be higher than Clemson. Ohio State wins out and the BIG10 title they are in. Oklahoma is good for laying an egg around this time of the year and with playing OK St. and TCU in the next 3 weeks, I doubt they go 2-0 in that stretch. Clemsons loss to Syracuse should be more detrimental than Ohio State losing to Oklahoma and Oklahoma losing to fast rising Iowa State.

And if Bama loses their title game to Georgia, they should be left out as well. Their schedule hasn't been any better than Wisconsin's or Miami's.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/1/2017 at 12:10 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Oklahoma and Ohio State should be higher than Clemson. Ohio State wins out and the BIG10 title they are in. Oklahoma is good for laying an egg around this time of the year and with playing OK St. and TCU in the next 3 weeks, I doubt they go 2-0 in that stretch. Clemsons loss to Syracuse should be more detrimental than Ohio State losing to Oklahoma and Oklahoma losing to fast rising Iowa State.

And if Bama loses their title game to Georgia, they should be left out as well. Their schedule hasn't been any better than Wisconsin's or Miami's.

Clemson, not sure how they got a pass for their loss to Syracuse. Their QB was banged up even before he came into the game and got a concussion during the game, so that is their excuse for losing to an unranked (not top 25) team???

It should have been Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Penn State, Clemson and Wisconsin for the top 8, IMO.

42 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I received a notification that he went out but what actually happened

Original flag for targeting which they repealed and he took two head shots plus it bounced off the turf.  Looked really bad at first.

As it turns out it looks like an ankle or knee injury that actually took him out.  You could see them putting an air cast on him while he was lying on the field.  He rode out in an ambulance in the end.  Have not heard anything definite

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Iowa thrashing Ohio St 45-17 in the 4th Qtr. Shocker of the day!

The Hawks winning by that much is surprising but getting the W at home isn't They had PSU in Iowa City too lost on the last play. Iowa is good this year They have been in every game They gave the MSU game away Frentz is a very good coach He won a Super Bowl with Lil Bill 

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Of course MSU comes out and beats Penn State yet we lose to northwestern :facepalm: won't be shocked one bit if we beat OSU too that's how we roll every year 

When Penn St lost last week the way they did vs Ohio St that ruined their season. It carried over to this week, I had a feeling they would lose again.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When Penn St lost last week the way they did vs Ohio St that ruined their season. It carried over to this week, I had a feeling they would lose again.

Well sparty just plays so up and down all the time they will beat the top team in the country then lose to the worst team in the country kinda like the colts do sometimes 

On 11/4/2017 at 5:01 PM, akcolt said:

Does anyone know why Josh Adams hasn't been getting carries for the Irish vs WF?  I'm pretty sure I know but I really hope it's something else. 

He got hurt(he's expected to play on Saturday but they decided to be cautious with his head injury) 

I hope Notre Dame can escape Miami with a win but I see it as a loss. They let Wake Forest stick around 

10 hours ago, CF4L said:

He got hurt(he's expected to play on Saturday but they decided to be cautious with his head injury) 

I hope Notre Dame can escape Miami with a win but I see it as a loss. They let Wake Forest stick around 

I was disappointed in the effort from the D. The touchdown with less than a minute left really got me. That's the first time this season we gave up over 20 pts and the first time we didn't win by 20+ points. 

The game was over at halftime. It would have been nice to play a complete game but if the D was going to turn in a bad half that was a good spot. The Offense had over 700 yards to compensate. . 

The crowd will be a big advantage but ND has won on the road.  We will be able to run the ball. Miami's D played better vs V Tech's run game. We are better than V Tech.

I can't help but recall FSU's freshman RB Akers running 20 times for 121 6.0 per carry while their Jr RB Patrick chipped in 91 yards on just 9 carries. The Cuse had 2 RB's over a 100 yards G Tech had 4 different players average over 5.7 per carry. VT is the only team who hasn't run it in the Canes. 

Guess who averaged 7.8 yards per carry vs the U last year? The same guy that got 3 quarters off last week and will be rested looking to make up for lost time. That's right Josh Adams. Notre Dame will get the W behind a Heisman worthy performance from 33. 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Love is a Beast! 166 Yards. Stanford wins 30-22. #9 Washington goes down! As the Beatles would sing, ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE :violin:. Cant wait for the Notre Damn at Miami game tomorrow night. It's the night game on ABC at 8est.

I missed the game. After work, I went to volunteer and was exhausted when I got home. It was almost midnight when I got home. But I am happy with the result. :D 

Bryce Love needs more love for the Heisman. He got 3 TDs against a Washington defense that had given up only 3 rushing TDs all season.