College Football 2017-2018 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Looks like U.K. Will have a good year

Wonder how Jeff Brohm will do at Purdue and Tom Allen will do at IU

I think UK has a solid shot at 8 or 9 wins. 

It'll probably take Brohm a few years to get anything going at Purdue. Allen should do a solid job at IU I think.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Not a fan?

I'm an IU fan so I hate Purdue with a passion. I'm actually really excited for the season. IU opens against Ohio State on opening Thursday. Going against their new OC Kevin Wilson. That'll be interesting. And it's nice that I can finally trust the defense for once in my lifetime

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm an IU fan so I hate Purdue with a passion. I'm actually really excited for the season. IU opens against Ohio State on opening Thursday. Going against their new OC Kevin Wilson. That'll be interesting. And it's nice that I can finally trust the defense for once in my lifetime

I definitely plan on watching that game. Should be interesting. IU may just pull it off. An improved IU defense and early season games are always pretty wild.

11 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I hope IU does win that one. Meyer is a great coach but I have never really cared much for him honestly. 

It's funny you say that. Dan Dakich constantly says that Urban Meyer would've been the coach at IU had they pursued him. He's a great coach but I wouldn't take anyone before Nick Saban

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

LETS GO BOILERS!!!!!

IMG_0370.JPG

I think Brohm will do good things. May take a few years IMO because talent level is pretty bad right now. But if he can turn WKU into a solid team, I can't see why he can't do it at Purdue.

19 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Purdue and Cubs fan? Holy crap

You're an IU and White Sox fan right? Seems we're opposites, you and I, lol!

I actually don't dislike the White Sox, but I do hate IU, and my sister graduated from there, haven't talked to her since, lol, jk.

Just now, GOZER said:

I actually don't dislike the White Sox, but I do hate IU, and my sister graduated from there, haven't talked to her since, lol, jk.

I do dislike the Cubs lol. But I know when a team is good and that team is good. What do you think about Purdue for this upcoming season?

7 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Of 7 GC only 3 did not attend or graduate from IU

I'm hoping for a turnaround, but like when Epstein took over the Cubs, Brohms got some work to do! Purdue also has a new Athletic Director, Mike Bobinski, so after the last 2 coaches and years of suck, I think we will see some gradual success. Would love to see them go back to the Drew Brees glory days!!!! Just going to try and be patient....

I am mainly a Purdue fan due to having lived in Lafayette and worked in West Lafayette for a good portion of my life. I also have a few family members who have graduated from Purdue. I also always try and support my local teams.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I definitely plan on watching that game. Should be interesting. IU may just pull it off. An improved IU defense and early season games are always pretty wild.

Optimism can be a good thing, but it often gets in the way of clear thinking which is obviously the case here.

Just picking on you!  

7 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I'm hoping for a turnaround, but like when Epstein took over the Cubs, Brohms got some work to do! Purdue also has a new Athletic Director, Mike Bobinski, so after the last 2 coaches and years of suck, I think we will see some gradual success. Would love to see them go back to the Drew Brees glory days!!!! Just going to try and be patient....

I am mainly a Purdue fan due to having lived in Lafayette and worked in West Lafayette for a good portion of my life. I also have a few family members who have graduated from Purdue. I also always try and support my local teams.

I like how Bobinski handled the firing/ hiring process.  Took his time, all the talk about PJ Fleck and Miles, both of whom I am actually glad we don't have, and then to get Brohm I think was a good move.  I think he has a good plan and good contacts.  We will see..... fingers crossed.

I always liked Ohio States Jim Tressel. He was a great coach, sad his career at Ohio ended the way it did. For a while I kind of hoped he would become the Colts next coach when he was working for them. If he was still coaching I would have also loved if Purdue would have hired him. He is a university president now at Youngstown State, so I'm sure he's doing fine.

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

I always liked Ohio States Jim Tressel. He was a great coach, sad his career at Ohio ended the way it did. For a while I kind of hoped he would become the Colts next coach when he was working for them. If he was still coaching I would have also loved if Purdue would have hired him. He is a university president now at Youngstown State, so I'm sure he's doing fine.

I believe he was banned from coaching in CFB until this year. I wonder if someone goes after him next year.