Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oline Highlights

CR91

I've got growing confidence in that group. I want to see them grow and develop.

Even watching that video it's telling how long Luck holds onto the ball. If we can get the ball out quicker I think we can see big improvements in the effectiveness of the line.

I saw a lot of good blocking downfield on screen passes, but they need to be careful blocking downfield in the middle of the field with all that traffic.

I saw a play where Mewhort was in the middle downfield and got high-lowed and stayed down holding his knee.

We need a healthy OLine if we want a healthy Luck.  Otherwise, a lot to be optimistic about!

:thmup:

56 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

Even watching that video it's telling how long Luck holds onto the ball. If we can get the ball out quicker I think we can see big improvements in the effectiveness of the line.

Yeah at the 1:25 mark there's a dumpoff for a 14 yard gain by Doyle.  I think with Luck and his shoulder surgery we may see someone who gets rid of the ball much quicker this year.  At the same time, it's up to both Luck and Chud to figure out a play scheme that comprises of more 3 step drop backs, quick passes, slants, screens, and more dumpoffs. 

I don't want to see 40% seven step drop backs then Luck just running around like a chicken with its head cut off afterwards because teams just blitz the crap out of them :tvsmash:.

I think this season we'll see much better performance from the entire offense. I know the oline isn't perfect, but Luck can definitely help them out some with shorter drop backs, dump offs, slants and screens. Hopefully he and the whole staff realize this finally. 

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I think this season we'll see much better performance from the entire offense. I know the oline isn't perfect, but Luck can definitely help them out some with shorter drop backs, dump offs, slants and screens. Hopefully he and the whole staff realize this finally. 

I think we'll see a better, more focused performance.

The players and coaches alike, heck even the parking lot attendants have been put on notice.

Ballard isn't playing around.

irsay is the only one safe.

i like it.

23 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

Probably not going to happen as with Chuck here.  Hopefully, Ballard has a sit down with Chuck and Chud and tells them it's 2017 and to shorten up the passing game....duh.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Probably not going to happen as with Chuck here.  Hopefully, Ballard has a sit down with Chuck and Chud and tells them it's 2017 and to shorten up the passing game....duh.

That being a hard concept for * chick to understand is enough reason to fire his @** lol