Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck

Steamboat_Shaun

59 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is your opinion. It's not fact.

You know in this day of age, anybody and I mean anybody can go to the Internet and collect facts! Opinions are not facts yet ,but could very well be in the near future!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Moe said:

You know in this day of age, anybody and I mean anybody can go to the Internet and collect facts! Opinions are not facts yet ,but could very well be in the near future!

You are 100% correct. But with all due respect, opinions are not facts till they become facts. We all hit and miss with our opinions becoming facts.

23 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Are people really doing the Pagano's gone % again.:wall::dunno::censored::facepalm: REALLY Pagano's the coach until hes not!!! Period, PS i like Pagano, and we could do a lot worse. We get Luck back and the Colts will be fine!!!!

"We could do worse."  What a splendid endorsement!

1 hour ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Are people really doing the Pagano's gone % again.:wall::dunno::censored::facepalm: REALLY Pagano's the coach until hes not!!! Period, PS i like Pagano, and we could do a lot worse. We get Luck back and the Colts will be fine!!!!

48 minutes ago, BOTT said:

"We could do worse."  What a splendid endorsement!

Personally, I'd rather have done worse the last couple years. We'd have gotten better players in the draft in 2015 and 2016 most likely and been in a better position to win now than we were. Pagano just gets us to 8-8 now, nothing better, nothing worse.

2 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

My man most of us are thinking he's going to take a coordinator and turn him into the HC.  Kind of like how every head coach becomes a head coach 

I'm pretty sure CrazyColt is actually Pagano at this point.  That explains the username at least.  

Been saying this for a long time   Or at least a relative.   

Good article on Luck's projected recovery and timetable for return.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/quarterbacks/sd-sp-pfd-andrew-luck-surgery-shoulder-throwing-camp-0616-story.html

The Colts, who are historically secretive about injuries, have been adamant in claiming there is no firm timeline for throwing. That may be true, but it is virtually certain the medical staff has always had an expected timeframe in mind. It would be typical to not allow throwing until six months after surgery whereas rehabilitation on non-throwing athletes with the same procedure is quicker.

This means Luck could begin throwing in July, perhaps even a few weeks before the start of training camp. It is almost certain he starts camp on PUP.

Throwing is the hardest thing a shoulder does, and caution is imperative to avoid setback during recovery. With the labral repair, extended time is needed to allow the tissue to grow together. Only then can a throwing program be started.

53 minutes ago, Superman said:

I hope all read this.  And-

Takeaways-

"Sometime in July seems on target for the procedure he had, but he does not have a chance to be full go for the start of training camp. If things break the Colts’ way, their starting QB could still play Week 1.

It is almost certain he starts camp on PUP.

Throwing is the hardest thing a shoulder does, and caution is imperative to avoid setback during recovery."

Dr. Chao has said this at different times since it became public Luck had surgery.  Those that saw it and listened aren't surprised at all.  I even re-reported it here a few times.

" Remember, recovery is not like a light switch where one day you can’t throw and the next you can be 100 percent. The reality is the body progresses more like a slow sunrise or dimmer switch."

I have mentioned that myself in the past, often in my own ways.  It's also like food expiration dates... it isn't perfectly safe the day before expiration, and totally toxic the day after.  There's wiggle room in the timetable, but the 'date' plants a decent gauge for a range.

It appears the 'not encountering a setback' need has been stressed to the coaches, so that's why the 'no timetable' mantra!

Let's be patient and let Luck and the medical team get him better than he has in two years physically, then start the footbal conditioning and strengthening.

I had no idea what this kind of surgery was until Luck's issue.  So after doing some research - I really hope they don't rush him.  A "setback" now could mean the loss of the entire year. The pressure a QB puts on that joint to throw is pretty amazing.  And since the labrum is the non-bone structure that creates the pocket the bone rides he needs to heal.  

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

The last time our qb had off season surgery we hoped he would be back week 1 and lead us to the superbowl.  He eneded up not playing all season and we had the #1 pick.  :peek:

Well, a neck injury is different from a shoulder injury.

On 2017. 06. 15. at 3:37 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Personally, I'd rather have done worse the last couple years. We'd have gotten better players in the draft in 2015 and 2016 most likely and been in a better position to win now than we were. Pagano just gets us to 8-8 now, nothing better, nothing worse.

You know that getting better players in a draft not always (in fact, almost always NOT) showing immediately on the field. Most rookies need time to get to the NFL.

Btw. the 2016 Colts had probably the worst roster regarding talent level ever since 2011, maybe a lot longer... If they did not, Ballard wouldn't have let go so many players and acquired 14+ free agents in march/april...

2 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

You know that getting better players in a draft not always (in fact, almost always NOT) showing immediately on the field. Most rookies need time to get to the NFL.

Btw. the 2016 Colts had probably the worst roster regarding talent level ever since 2011, maybe a lot longer... If they did not, Ballard wouldn't have let go so many players and acquired 14+ free agents in march/april...

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I could care less about them being better right away. I'd of rather got someone like Jalen Ramsey or Ezekiel Elliott with some other players higher in the draft with more upside. If you lose, do it right. Unfortunately, the Colts never got any stars to surround Luck with in 2013-2014, as we overperformed expectations. The ones we did (Trent Richardson) were outcasts from inferior regimes and total busts. Obviously Ballard cleaned house, but it was from Grigson's mess the last 5 years. 

15 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I could care less about them being better right away. I'd of rather got someone like Jalen Ramsey or Ezekiel Elliott with some other players higher in the draft with more upside. If you lose, do it right. Unfortunately, the Colts never got any stars to surround Luck with in 2013-2014, as we overperformed expectations. The ones we did (Trent Richardson) were outcasts from inferior regimes and total busts. Obviously Ballard cleaned house, but it was from Grigson's mess the last 5 years. 

No GM makes a mess when they take a bottom of the league team that was 39 million in cap space hades to three 11-5 seasons and the AFC championship team while winning a GM of the year.

Yes it did go south and Grigson couldn't maintain what he started and it cost him his job. With that said there are some very good players that Grigson did bring in that are on the roster and will be starters. He brought in our O-line that will be starters and from what Ballard says they will be good players and he was very happy with those players.

Am I saying Grigson didn't need fired? No. But to read what you are writing the Colts were trash the whole five years he was here. His first three years were very exciting and you cant take that away.

You may pick and choose the players brought in and call them bust (and they were) but overlooking the ones who weren't is not being totally honest in representing the facts.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

No GM makes a mess when they take a bottom of the league team that was 39 million in cap space hades to three 11-5 seasons and the AFC championship team while winning a GM of the year.

Yes it did go south and Grigson couldn't maintain what he started and it cost him his job. With that said there are some very good players that Grigson did bring in that are on the roster and will be starters. He brought in our O-line that will be starters and from what Ballard says they will be good players and he was very happy with those players.

Am I saying Grigson didn't need fired? No. But to read what you are writing the Colts were trash the whole five years he was here. His first three years were very exciting and you cant take that away.

You may pick and choose the players brought in and call them bust (and they were) but overlooking the ones who weren't is not being totally honest in representing the facts.

The first three years were very fun. However, they overperformed expectations and it's not a bad thing except for the fact that the drafts in 2013 and 2014 were all busts (besides Mewhort and Moncrief, Vontae Davis was technically a trade). That caught up to us in 2015 when the 2013 class was supposed to break out and Luck got hurt, then in 2016 when only Moncrief and Mewhort were doing anything from the 2014 class. That's not counting how we misused Dorsett and still are to this day. Three bust 1st rounders were also a killer. The 2012-2014 years were fun, but they are now hurting us today and only now are we starting to make up for all the bad drafting (I'll give some credit to Grigson's 2016 class, he helped the offensive line).

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The first three years were very fun. However, they overperformed expectations and it's not a bad thing except for the fact that the drafts in 2013 and 2014 were all busts (besides Mewhort and Moncrief, Vontae Davis was technically a trade). That caught up to us in 2015 when the 2013 class was supposed to break out and Luck got hurt, then in 2016 when only Moncrief and Mewhort were doing anything from the 2014 class. That's not counting how we misused Dorsett and still are to this day. Three bust 1st rounders were also a killer. The 2012-2014 years were fun, but they are now hurting us today and only now are we starting to make up for all the bad drafting (I'll give some credit to Grigson's 2016 class, he helped the offensive line).

That is pretty much what I said just explaining it in a different manner.

I have no problem with Irsay firing Grigson with what he didn't do with the drafts in 2013 and 2014 and adding the rumors of the riff between him and Pagano. It also carried over to the players from what I can tell.

If Luck's rehab spills over into the regular season, so be it. If the defense pans out, they can beat LA and Cleveland without him. If Tolzien has a good game or two, they might win 3 or 4. He has, after all gotten most of the first team snaps so far and likely will get more in camp. To be competitive for the division title the Colts need a HEALTHY Luck back. Relax folks, IMO this team will be VERY good this year (remind me if I'm wrong). 

16 hours ago, bleevit said:

If Luck's rehab spills over into the regular season, so be it. If the defense pans out, they can beat LA and Cleveland without him. If Tolzien has a good game or two, they might win 3 or 4. He has, after all gotten most of the first team snaps so far and likely will get more in camp. To be competitive for the division title the Colts need a HEALTHY Luck back. Relax folks, IMO this team will be VERY good this year (remind me if I'm wrong). 

If Tolzien is starting at the beginning of the season, I am not feeling good about any game he is in. At times he doesn't look half bad, but just like in college at Wisconsin, he plays way too erratically. I might give us CLE, but I doubt we win on the road in LA if he is the starter.

Our defense should be better, but that those are going to be some of the first few games of the year for essentially an entirely brand new defensive unit. They will need time to gel, and will need the offense to cover for them early on.