Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign RB Christine Michael

TKnight24

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

They like them ex-NFC W running backs don't they?

I was thinking the same.  Michael has nice skills but it seems he has been held back by not remembering assignments?  I like his potential and would like it if he can get the mental aspect together with Indy.

Just now, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I was thinking the same.  Michael has nice skills but it seems he has been held back by not remembering assignments?  I like his potential and would like it if he can get the mental aspect together with Indy.

At this point, I he is what he is.  His spot on this roster is probably such that maybe he beats Turbin out, maybe (probably in my estimation) he doesn't.  But if someone gets injured, he'd be a guy we can pull off the streets in a pinch.  He's better than you're average camp body, but I don't really see him contributing much TBH.  He had the physical gifts, but suffered from Trent Richard-itis and just didn't see the field well/fast enough.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

At this point, I he is what he is.  His spot on this roster is probably such that maybe he beats Turbin out, maybe (probably in my estimation) he doesn't.  But if someone gets injured, he'd be a guy we can pull off the streets in a pinch.  He's better than you're average camp body, but I don't really see him contributing much TBH.  He had the physical gifts, but suffered from Trent Richard-itis and just didn't see the field well/fast enough.

Agree completely.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

With his first name I sure hope he self identifies as a good running back

I'm conservative as can be, but not sure the implied crack on transgender folks was necessary here......  that said, I really wanted the Colts to pick up Michael a few years ago when SEA had a crowded RB room, so, I'm excited to see if he can get on track here, and provide depth and a possible KR.

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I'm conservative as can be, but not sure the implied crack on transgender folks was necessary here......  that said, I really wanted the Colts to pick up Michael a few years ago when SEA had a crowded RB room, so, I'm excited to see if he can get on track here, and provide depth and a possible KR.

we are so uptight these days. sorry to offend and I will remove the post

Competition is good, but will our coaches be able to make the right choices? At the end of the day, Ballard has made it clear to everyone that he filled the cupboard with talent for our coaches to make it happen in 2017. This is not a time for development but hit the floor running. 

Quincy Wilson better read between the lines. You maybe a 2nd rd pick but if you are out of shape, two things is going to happen: poor performance or injury. Both are reason to lose your seat at the table. Ballard does not come across as a patient person but a result oriented manager.

Never saw this one coming.  But he does fit the mold of our other FA signings.  Young, 26, with a lot of upside who has seen success in the league.  I do like it.  Pasztor and Hodges fit the same mold as well. Hodges was supposedly signing with the Bills but I haven't seen it formerly announced yet.  I must have missed it. 

25 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

Wasn't Todman pretty solid at returning kicks? Not sure why we let him walk. I guess Bray is back as well.

He had the huge return against Green Bay but didn't do much else outside of that,  Bray is alright but it's not like he can't be replaced.  Doesn't mean he will be because you can do worse but you can also do better which is why I think they are open to giving others a look. 

Not a bad group of backs.  Probably will end up with Gore, Turbin, Mack, and Michael.   Crossan and Ferguson likely cut with one of them going to the Practice Squad. Crossan and Ferguson should be good competition for Michael though. Wouldn't totally shock me if Crossan does better than Michael.  Ferguson may even show us a little something.  Going to be fun.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

He had the huge return against Green Bay but didn't do much else outside of that,  Bray is alright but it's not like he can't be replaced.  Doesn't mean he will be because you can do worse but you can also do better which is why I think they are open to giving others a look. 

If you look at stats Bray was above avg.

Michael = Million dollar talent;  10-cent head.

Everyone will give him another shot because of his talent,   but it's good that we're trying him out now, instead of during the season,   because it costs us next to nothing now.   

Everyone is hoping that the light comes on over his head and he begins to put things together.     Hey, it happens from time to time.     But no one should be surprised at anything Michael does.

By the way,   I think his first name is pronounced:   Kristin and NOT Christeen.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Michael = Million dollar talent;  10-cent head.

Everyone will give him another shot because of his talent,   but it's good that we're trying him out now, instead of during the season,   because it costs us next to nothing now.   

Everyone is hoping that the light comes on over his head and he begins to put things together.     Hey, it happens from time to time.     But no one should be surprised at anything Michael does.

By the way,   I think his first name is pronounced:   Kristin and NOT Christeen.

In what way does he have a ten cent head?