Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football 2017

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Why not on the second? Just curious because once a player is dropped by a GM, 11 other GMs will benefit with a shorter turnaround for picking the player from waivers after 24 hrs have transpired. Something that 11 GMs would benefit has to be beneficial. Maybe I am not understanding something???

The waiver period is not what I am wanting to change, that is from game time to Tuesday, that remains unchanged. The waiver duration for picking up a player AFTER that player is dropped is what I want to be enforced as 1 day, nothing more, nothing less.

My concern is players unable to get to computer specifically on Monday lose out.  Prefer to give them more time.  (If my kid starts puking on a Monday you can bet I won't be able to put in a waiver claim that day.)

Would be ok with Monday and Tuesday for waivers and then 24 hours to pick up players who where just dropped if that's possible.  But I don't think it is.

But honestly how often is it going to be that a player that just got waived by another team would be in your starting lineup on Thursday???  A player that just got dropped would have to be a better play then anyone currently on your squad and specifically be playing on Thursday for this to be a problem.  That seems fairly unlikely to me. 

Whereas I find it more likely that at least for me and likely for others that real life might prevent them from doing waiver claims on one Monday or another.  

Anyways that's my reasoning.  Sorry that we don't agree.  But I do second your trades proposal.

3 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

My concern is players unable to get to computer specifically on Monday lose out.  Prefer to give them more time.  (If my kid starts puking on a Monday you can bet I won't be able to put in a waiver claim that day.)

Would be ok with Monday and Tuesday for waivers and then 24 hours to pick up players who where just dropped if that's possible.  

But honestly how often is it going to be that a player that just got waived by another team would be in your starting lineup on Thursday???  A player that just got dropped would have to be a better player then one of your players in your starting lineup and specifically be playing on Thursday for this to be a problem.  Whereas I find it more likely that at least for me and likely for others that real life might prevent them from doing waiver claims on one Monday or another.  

Streaming defense is your answer. For those who prefer to stream defenses instead of hang on to 1 or 2 Ds that they rotate, it happens more often than you think. 

Falcons' D was not a great fantasy D but they were playing a putrid Rams' O  and delivered 20 plus points. It may not be for the very next week but GMs that stream may have to think a week ahead based on match ups to stream Ds since they don't have those stud Ds in their line ups to begin with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Streaming defense is your answer. For those who prefer to stream defenses instead of hang on to 1 or 2 Ds that they rotate, it happens more often than you think. 

Fair enough and I usually do stream defenses actually so now that you mention it I can see what you are talking about.

But I have to say that I'm more concerned about not being able to make it to a computer on a Monday to put in my waiver claims.  So sorry I can't second that proposal.  

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

Fair enough and I usually do stream defenses actually so now that you mention it I can see what you are talking about.

But I have to say that I'm more concerned about not being able to make it to a computer on a Monday to put in my waiver claims.  So sorry I can't second that proposal.  

That is fine. Btw, your kid may puke on a Tuesday too. :thmup:

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That is fine. Btw, your kid may puke on a Tuesday too. :thmup:

Then hopefully I'll have my waiver claims in on Monday.  But basically yeah real life gets in the way of FF sometimes.  Usually at least one week out of the year I'm not able to make any waiver claims.  But if I have only 24 hours to do it, I could see that happening a lot more then one week.

25 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

1. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com - No

2. Change 2x Flex positions from WR/RB & WR/TE to WR/RB/TE & WR/TE - Yes

**Alternate proposal**

But I would prefer one TE only spot and a WR/RB/TE flex.  Could I get a second on this?

3. Set waivers weekly based on ranking instead of continuous rolling. - Yes

4. Remove head2head tiebreaker from standings. (This was a NFL.com thing) - Yes

5. Change settings to randomize and show draft order before the draft. - Tentatively Yes but could I get more information as to how the draft order is set now?  

**Alternate proposal**

I would say we should allow teams to choose where they are drafting based on ranking from last year.  IE the #12 team gets to pick where to draft.  Say they take #9.  Then the #11 team gets to pick where to draft other then #9 and so on.  The champ gets stuck with whatever spot is left after everyone else has picked.  Since the draft order rotates every other round in fantasy I think we should allow teams to pick their draft spot based on what fits their strategy best with the worst teams/new players getting first crack.   Could I get a second on this.  

Below are the non-default settings for this league:

1. IR spot on the roster  -- Approve

2. Passing TD are 6 points -- Approve

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (This was a NFL.com thing) - Disapprove.

**Alternate Proposal**

#1 and #2 seeds should get a bye in first round.  #3 plays #6, #4 plays #5 and then #1 plays lowest remaining seed and #2 plays 2nd lowest remaining seed.  

4. TE position is now WR/TE - Disapprove, would prefer a TE only spot as I mentioned.

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16 (This was a NFL.com thing) - Approve

6. Trade Review -  League Votes (This was a NFL.com thing) - Approve

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards - Approve

**Proposal**

.5 points for rushing or receiving first down.  

One of the biggest problems with fantasy football is that it does not reward first downs.  Possession receivers are worth a lot more to real football teams then fantasy teams because of this.  

I don't think you will get a lot of traction on going back to TE only. That vote was almost unanimous 2 years ago to change to WR/TE

Letting people pick their own draft order is interesting, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get people to get online and pick their spot, and if we did, what is the timeout? Like they have 24 hours to get me their draft selection or they default to last?  Currently the draft order is randomized 15 minutes before the draft. The proposal would be to randomize it when we create the league, giving people time to mock from their slot. Also, something to consider, is that the #11/12 team are new to the league, and they were champion's in Joe's, should we still let them have whatever pick they want? On the flip side, In Joe's the two bottom teams from Elite slide into the #1/#2 spots, should they pick last?

The seeding proposal is how we have it today, for some reason NFL.com had it where after the first round #1 could not play #6, even if they advanced. We fixed that last season.

Hmm points for first down, interesting, Something to think about.

16 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I don't think you will get a lot of traction on going back to TE only. That vote was almost unanimous 2 years ago to change to WR/TE

Letting people pick their own draft order is interesting, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get people to get online and pick their spot, and if we did, what is the timeout? Like they have 24 hours to get me their draft selection or they default to last?  Currently the draft order is randomized 15 minutes before the draft. The proposal would be to randomize it when we create the league, giving people time to mock from their slot. Also, something to consider, is that the #11/12 team are new to the league, and they were champion's in Joe's, should we still let them have whatever pick they want? On the flip side, In Joe's the two bottom teams from Elite slide into the #1/#2 spots, should they pick last?

The seeding proposal is how we have it today, for some reason NFL.com had it where after the first round #1 could not play #6, even if they advanced. We fixed that last season.

Draft order wouldn't be too hard.  We already know the order in which people get to pick.  So we have from the time we theoretically approve the change up until the draft to get everyone's draft order in.  Commish can E-mail, PM, or just get the answer on here.  The amount of time we would allow each person several days at least.  And really it shouldn't take that long.  

I think there would be a timeout point and would leave that up to the commish to decide.  But since we already know the rankings there is plenty of time to get the answers.

Could I get a formal second from you on either first down or draft order?

1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

Having a mandatory TE played, not in favor of, due to the small pool of quality TEs. Having the flexibility to play or not play them in 1 or 2 positions but not being mandatory provides options without your hands being tied.

Draft order being picked by a GM, not in favor of. Draft order in reverse order of rankings, I can live with that. We will thus have an idea during mocks what could be available prior to going into the draft then. Random draft order upon league creation increases excitement as long as everyone knows it is random but known at least a week in advance so that folks can do mocks as they wish. My work league does that, let people know about a week in advance where they will be picking, helps the avid GMs plan.

More than points for first downs (not in favor of), I'd like to go with 1 bonus point for an RB for every 50 yards and 1 bonus point for a WR/TE for every 100 yards (RB 100 yards are tougher in current league than a pass catcher's 100 yards, IMO).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I would say we should allow teams to choose where they are drafting based on ranking from last year.  IE the #12 team gets to pick where to draft.  Say they take #9.  Then the #11 team gets to pick where to draft other then #9 and so on.  The champ gets stuck with whatever spot is left after everyone else has picked.  Since the draft order rotates every other round in fantasy I think we should allow teams to pick their draft spot based on what fits their strategy best with the worst teams/new players getting first crack.   Could I get a second on this.  

I can second this, although it could get a little messy since we alternate two owners in each league. Where would the "newly demoted/promoted" owners rank on this scale of choosing a spot?

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 9:00 AM, Narcosys said:

Thank you I need them.  Only get 5mb internet here... on good days. Talk about killing my gaming skills. Guess Ill have to make it up by visiting Stonehenge, hiking the cliffs of dover, visiting castles in wales and Ireland, falling in love with Scottish women's accents... its rough. But I think I'll survive.

5MB?! Which rural outpost have you set up shop in?

5 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

5MB?! Which rural outpost have you set up shop in?

Dude, its ridiculous here. There are few places that get really good (75-100mb) speeds. But ya, I guess I'm in a black hole of fibre and its only dsl in my area. And only that good in good weather.

21 hours ago, Colt92 said:

I can second this, although it could get a little messy since we alternate two owners in each league. Where would the "newly demoted/promoted" owners rank on this scale of choosing a spot?

I would assign then the #11 and #12 spots.  #11 goes to the champ of Joes and #12 goes to runner up of Joes.

23 hours ago, chad72 said:

Having a mandatory TE played, not in favor of, due to the small pool of quality TEs. Having the flexibility to play or not play them in 1 or 2 positions but not being mandatory provides options without your hands being tied.

Draft order being picked by a GM, not in favor of. Draft order in reverse order of rankings, I can live with that. We will thus have an idea during mocks what could be available prior to going into the draft then. Random draft order upon league creation increases excitement as long as everyone knows it is random but known at least a week in advance so that folks can do mocks as they wish. My work league does that, let people know about a week in advance where they will be picking, helps the avid GMs plan.

More than points for first downs (not in favor of), I'd like to go with 1 bonus point for an RB for every 50 yards and 1 bonus point for a WR/TE for every 100 yards (RB 100 yards are tougher in current league than a pass catcher's 100 yards, IMO).

My problem with draft order in reverse of rankings is that in fantasy holding the #1 pick can be a disadvantage.  I for one and a lot of other people prefer to not be picking #1 overall.  

That's why my proposal is letting people pick their draft spot in reverse order of rankings.

If the worst team in the league would rather be drafting at #9 it makes more sense to let him decide to do that rather then force him into that #1 pick.  

I also like this because it does confer slight advantage to the newly promoted and bottom teams from last year rather then an entirely random order.  

And it allows people to know their spot ahead of time to plan their draft strategy.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

My problem with draft order in reverse of rankings is that in fantasy holding the #1 pick can be a disadvantage.  I for one and a lot of other people prefer to not be picking #1 overall.  

That's why my proposal is letting people pick their draft spot in reverse order of rankings.

If the worst team in the league would rather be drafting at #9 it makes more sense to let him decide to do that rather then force him into that #1 pick.  

I also like this because it does confer slight advantage to the newly promoted and bottom teams from last year rather then an entirely random order.  

And it allows people to know their spot ahead of time to plan their draft strategy.  

We have at least two new owners coming into the league so they don't have a spot from last year as far as position. IMO the draft should be random. It keeps it simple and that seems to work for most drafts pretty much everywhere. This is not a keeper league like it used to be so each year is starting from scratch when you have new owners.

I have never heard of a league where the owners have a choice of their draft order.

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

We have at least two new owners coming into the league so they don't have a spot from last year as far as position. IMO the draft should be random. It keeps it simple and that seems to work for most drafts pretty much everywhere. This is not a keeper league like it used to be so each year is starting from scratch when you have new owners.

I have never heard of a league where the owners have a choice of their draft order.

Just because you havn't heard of it doesn't mean it's not a good idea.  

I prefer random over giving the bottom teams the first overall picks.  But I think this idea would be the best of all.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I prefer random over giving the bottom teams the first overall picks.  But I think this idea would be the best of all.

So where would the new owners fall into place?  They have no finishing position from last season to make a pick. IMO your idea might work if we had the same owners from year to year but we don't.  

On 6/30/2017 at 0:00 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Sorry man, I can't second this. That is all I am going to say.

So I am doing a 10 team league this year and this is the draft I keep getting so let me know what you think

QB-Wilson, Carr

RB-Freeman, Fournette, Cook, Blount

WR-Landry, Cooks, Hill, Moncrief, Gabriel

TE-Bennett, Doyle

D-Broncos, Chiefs

K-Bryant

I've read the thread twice and the only additional proposals I see that are getting any traction are:

1. One day waiting period for waivers

2. No waiting period after trade

3. Teams get to pick their draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1

Personally I'm against #3, because the champion's from Joe's league get to pick where they draft, and they are champions for a reason. I think it gives them an un-fair advantage.

Below are the original 5 proposals.

1. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com or ESPN.com

2. Change 2x Flex positions from WR/RB & WR/TE to WR/RB/TE & WR/TE

3. Set waivers weekly based on ranking instead of continuous rolling.

4. Remove head2head tiebreaker from standings. (This was a NFL.com thing)

5. Change settings from random draft order 15m before draft to random draft order set weeks before the draft.

let me know if i'm missing anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I've read the thread twice and the only additional proposals I see that are getting any traction are:

1. One day waiting period for waivers

2. No waiting period after trade

3. Teams get to pick their draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1

Personally I'm against #3, because the champion's from Joe's league get to pick where they draft, and they are champions for a reason. I think it gives them an un-fair advantage.

Below are the original 5 proposals.

1. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com or ESPN.com

2. Change 2x Flex positions from WR/RB & WR/TE to WR/RB/TE & WR/TE

3. Set waivers weekly based on ranking instead of continuous rolling.

4. Remove head2head tiebreaker from standings. (This was a NFL.com thing)

5. Change settings from random draft order 15m before draft to random draft order set weeks before the draft.

let me know if i'm missing anything.

I am against #3 also. IMO random is the way to go. We do have two maybe three new owners and there is no exact draft order established when there are not the same owners from last season.

Is there a way to set the random up besides waiting till draft day?

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Is there a way to set the random up besides waiting till draft day?

I think there is. 

Commish Tools - Finalize Team List - Commish Tools - Edit Draft Order & Keeper Players - Randomize Order Now - Save is the sequence a commish needs to follow in a yahoo league.

Of course, all GMs should have joined prior to that.

One last thing - are we doing 2 keepers like years before?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I think there is. 

Commish Tools - Finalize Team List - Commish Tools - Edit Draft Order & Keeper Players - Randomize Order Now - Save is the sequence a commish needs to follow in a yahoo league.

The keeping of two players was the way is was originally set up. That is one of the reasons that drew me to this league. I wouldn't mind keeping two players at all. It also would effect an owners draft too if we were drafting with that format. (or it would me anyway)

On 7/3/2017 at 2:43 PM, chad72 said:

I think there is. 

On 7/3/2017 at 4:26 PM, crazycolt1 said:

The keeping of two players was the way is was originally set up. That is one of the reasons that drew me to this league. I wouldn't mind keeping two players at all. It also would effect an owners draft too if we were drafting with that format. (or it would me anyway)

We can add keepers to the voting as well, obviously we cannot have keepers from last season since last season we voted that there would be no keepers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

We can add keepers to the voting as well, obviously we cannot have keepers from last season since last season we voted that there would be no keepers.

If you can, I'd suggest that once July 15th comes around, a separate thread for voting on new rules can be created and contributed to.

• Like 3

On 6/30/2017 at 2:52 PM, crazycolt1 said:

So where would the new owners fall into place?  They have no finishing position from last season to make a pick. IMO your idea might work if we had the same owners from year to year but we don't.  

I'd just put them at the bottom and give them 1st and 2nd picks.  They are in a newer and what is suppose to be harder league.  Give them a leg up their first year.  

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'd just put them at the bottom and give them 1st and 2nd picks.  They are in a newer and what is suppose to be harder league.  Give them a leg up their first year.  

Maybe they wouldn't want the first picks? That is what started this subject in the first place.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe they wouldn't want the first picks? That is what started this subject in the first place.

Wait, are we saying they'd get the first pick, or are we mulling the possibility of allowing them first dibbs on which draft position they'd like.

IE: I'd get the last open spot. (not complaining, just looking for clarification on the topic).

7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Wait, are we saying they'd get the first pick, or are we mulling the possibility of allowing them first dibbs on which draft position they'd like.

IE: I'd get the last open spot. (not complaining, just looking for clarification on the topic).

Good question.

27 minutes ago, buccolts said:

The fact whether they should have a say in the draft order is the true debate (or) if we need to keep it random as always, but randomize and make it known a few weeks prior.

30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The fact whether they should have a say in the draft order is the true debate (or) if we need to keep it random as always, but randomize and make it known a few weeks prior.

So, we're voting to decide if we'll offer them a vote on that topic?

22 minutes ago, buccolts said:

So, we're voting to decide if we'll offer them a vote on that topic?

We'll offer a vote.

FWIW, and this is for everyone. Any vote of "I don't know" or "Whatever" or no response, will be counted as a "NO" this year.

I want people to be decisive. Yes or No will be the only options. Not like last year where it was Yes, but only if it's this part or that part. Simple majority will implement or deny the change, The commissioner (me) will break all ties.

That is why I'm trying to stress getting in ANY recommendations by the 15th, because I'm not going back once we get there.

Here is the latest list of questions, and how they will be worded. 10 days left before we start the voting!

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) -

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think))

3. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1

4. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com

5. Change from NFL.com to ESPN.com

6. Change the WR/RB flex position to WR/RB/TE.

7. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling)

8. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head)

9. If Proposal 3 fails, the draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners (Change from 15m before draft)

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

We'll offer a vote.

FWIW, and this is for everyone. Any vote of "I don't know" or "Whatever" or no response, will be counted as a "NO" this year.

I want people to be decisive. Yes or No will be the only options. Not like last year where it was Yes, but only if it's this part or that part. Simple majority will implement or deny the change, The commissioner (me) will break all ties.

That is why I'm trying to stress getting in ANY recommendations by the 15th, because I'm not going back once we get there.

Here is the latest list of questions, and how they will be worded. 10 days left before we start the voting!

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think))

3. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1

9. If Proposal 3 fails, the draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners (Change from 15m before draft)

Sounds good. 

Thanks 

23 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I ment pick of draft spot.  But essentially that's what this is about.  

In fantasy football handing the bottom teams the 1st and 2nd picks in the first round isn't necessarily helping them.  It could be hurting them.  Very few fantasy owners that I know of want the #1 overall pick.

So I say the best way to help them is to give them a choice of draft slot. 

On 7/5/2017 at 5:18 PM, SilentHill said:

We'll offer a vote.

No.10 should be whether we have 2 keepers for next year or not. :) 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:18 PM, SilentHill said:

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) - Yes

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) - No

3. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1 - No, nor randomize. Reverse order of last year rankings. If Reverse Order is not an option, then Yes.

4. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com - No

5. Change from NFL.com to ESPN.com - Yes

6. Change the WR/RB flex position to WR/RB/TE. - Yes

7. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) - No

8. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) - No

9. If Proposal 3 fails, the draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners (Change from 15m before draft) - Consider Reverse order of last year rankings.

11 hours ago, Narcosys said:

The voting is not happening yet, but last year the Joe's players did not vote on the rules. I'm not sure if that is going to change since I don't know how to reach all of the Joe's players anyway.

As far as draft order, we already have two different proposed methods along with the method we used last year, adding a 4th option is just crazy, and I can almost assure you that the votes will be all over the place and we will end up being stuck with random 15min before the draft due to no majority.

Also the change from NFL.com to yahoo or ESPN, if you definitely don't want to go back to NFL.com people should vote YES to both options, once again, here I can see no one getting a majority and us being stuck back at NFL.com due to too many options.

I'm not really into holding more rounds of voting, so if anyone else has any suggestions on how to cut down on options it would be great.