SilentHill

Fantasy Football 2017

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is the way it is done in pretty much all fantasy leagues in Yahoo, NFL and ESPN. If you draft last in the league then you get the first waiver wire slot. That is only fair isn't it?  With that said why should you lose it if someone loses? The key not to lose is drafting. If you make good picks you win, if not you lose.

Yes, but that only applies to the first week. After that it's rank based.  At least that's my experience with all my espn leagues. Maybe I'm wrong.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Yes, but that only applies to the first week. After that it's rank based.  At least that's my experience with all my espn leagues. Maybe I'm wrong.  

 

I understand what and why about your point but if you hold a higher waiver wire pick why is it fair to lose it when you haven't made a move? It is used as a strategy and holding it and using it when you need it is a part of it.

Oh well, what ever the majority wants I will have no problem either way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said before for waiver rules, the first 7 weeks should be based on your place in the line. Then, rankings should get more and more clear, and I have no issue for it to be based on rankings from that point onwards then. Early on 3-2 and 2-3 is not a huge difference for me in rankings. Once you get to week 7, 4-3 and 3-4 might mean a bit more, IMO, and chances are, there are more 5-2 and 6-1 teams then.

 

That should be a third option if we do vote on it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Like I said before for waiver rules, the first 7 weeks should be based on your place in the line. Then, rankings should get more and more clear, and I have no issue for it to be based on rankings from that point onwards then. Early on 3-2 and 2-3 is not a huge difference for me in rankings. Once you get to week 7, 4-3 and 3-4 might mean a bit more, IMO, and chances are, there are more 5-2 and 6-1 teams then.

 

That should be a third option if we do vote on it. 

So let me get this right. If you have been holding on to a high pick for strategy you lose your pick week 7?  How is that fair to those who have been holding the pick?

You get penalized for doing nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So let me get this right. If you have been holding on to a high pick for strategy you lose your pick week 7?  How is that fair to those who have been holding the pick?

You get penalized for doing nothing?

 

It is pretty simple, if you are holding on to that pick and you know the rule ahead of time, any sane GM will not waste it in week 7. The rules will all be known ahead of time. So we will act according to it.

 

Either way, I am fine with whichever way we decide to go, just want to get it over with a vote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So let me get this right. If you have been holding on to a high pick for strategy you lose your pick week 7?  How is that fair to those who have been holding the pick?

You get penalized for doing nothing?

 

Exactly, you're doing absolutely nothing. 

 

If youre not using it,  then you're not stopping anyone from getting anything. You're wasting it anyways. There's no strategy for doing nothing if you don't need anything. What you are doing is helping to prevent those who need help, from getting it. Is it fair for a last place person to be last in the waiver? No. It's more selfish and elitist than anything. You're just standing by either waiting for something to happen,  which gives you any over other owners who have the same thing happen, or you're intentionally trying to hurt another team.


There's competition,  then there's straight unsportsmanship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

 

Exactly, you're doing absolutely nothing. 

 

If youre not using it,  then you're not stopping anyone from getting anything. You're wasting it anyways. There's no strategy for doing nothing if you don't need anything. What you are doing is helping to prevent those who need help, from getting it. Is it fair for a last place person to be last in the waiver? No. It's more selfish and elitist than anything. You're just standing by either waiting for something to happen,  which gives you any over other owners who have the same thing happen, or you're intentionally trying to hurt another team.


There's competition,  then there's straight unsportsmanship.

 

Unsportsmanship?  Are you normally this delusional?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Unsportsmanship?  Are you normally this delusional?

 

Sorry if I want a fair competition between teams and to keep people active. 

 

If I'm last place, be it injuries or whatever,  and I need help but can never get it to remain competitive,  then what's the point in playing. I'm going to lose anyways,  so might as well quit.

 

That's why people stop playing.  By giving first pick to those that need it most,  helps in leveling the playing field and creating competition.

 

Have you always been this selfish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

Sorry if I want a fair competition between teams and to keep people active. 

 

If I'm last place, be it injuries or whatever,  and I need help but can never get it to remain competitive,  then what's the point in playing. I'm going to lose anyways,  so might as well quit.

 

That's why people stop playing.  By giving first pick to those that need it most,  helps in leveling the playing field and creating competition.

 

Have you always been this selfish?

Selfish has zero to do with this. This league is as competitive as any league I have ever played in. If you want to give up that is the quitter in you. Don't blame other players because you didn't do good. Now you want someone to get punished because you get your feelings hurt because you are not doing good? We all play this game to win it and take every chance to make that happen.

There are no times I can recall where someone didn't use their pick at sometime during the season.

All you want to do is call someone out to make an issue out of something it is apparent you know nothing about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Selfish has zero to do with this. This league is as competitive as any league I have ever played in. If you want to give up that is the quitter in you. Don't blame other players because you didn't do good. Now you want someone to get punished because you get your feelings hurt because you are not doing good? We all play this game to win it and take every chance to make that happen.

There are no times I can recall where someone didn't use their pick at sometime during the season.

All you want to do is call someone out to make an issue out of something it is apparent you know nothing about.

 

I know that your choice hurts people more than it helps them.  Some people don't "do good" because of a slew of injuries that occur that are beyond their control. 

 

Noone is getting punished because it's all the same from the get go.  You're treating this as if it is a mid season transition from your setting to my setting. If it's from the get go, the worst people will always be near the top regardless, so no one is getting punished.

 

Clearly one of us isn't understanding how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

I know that your choice hurts people more than it helps them.  Some people don't "do good" because of a slew of injuries that occur that are beyond their control. 

 

Noone is getting punished because it's all the same from the get go.  You're treating this as if it is a mid season transition from your setting to my setting. If it's from the get go, the worst people will always be near the top regardless, so no one is getting punished.

 

Clearly one of us isn't understanding how it works.

So who ever had the good luck in not having an injury is suppose to give his waiver wire spot up for someone who didn't have the luck?

The worst people will near the top? That makes no sense.

I did notice you are in this league so it puzzles me why you feel the need to point a finger at me and call me selfish because we have different opinions about waiver positions. We normally are civil but it seems you are not.

Now you have yourself a good day sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So who ever had the good luck in not having an injury is suppose to give his waiver wire spot up for someone who didn't have the luck?

The worst people will near the top? That makes no sense.

I did notice you are in this league so it puzzles me why you feel the need to point a finger at me and call me selfish because we have different opinions about waiver positions. We normally are civil but it seems you are not.

Now you have yourself a good day sir.

 

Well for one that person isn't giving up any spot, because again its from the get go. So you can let go of it now.

 

As people do better and better and go up in rankings, it is highly unlikely that they will do anything with waivers. If you're winning, do you really shop around the waivers that much, each and every week? Not likely. Meanwhile, those who are losing are trying to salvage their season from various things that caused their bad season. Waivers may not help them, but at least it gives them a better opportunity to be more competitive.

 

Because you are the one arguing for the setting. Anyone who likes your setting, to me, is a bit selfish. You want to allow people who are winning to have high picks when they don't need them. When it does nothing to help them. Rather than allow those who need the most help to have it. That is a perfect example of selfish. Idk what else to call it.

 

Sorry if you took offense, maybe its just me being "delusional" again right?

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

 Are you normally this delusional?

 

I would rather allow those that need it most, to have the best chance to improve their situation. It increases competition and increases interest and engagement.  If you believe in trying to have the most competitive league possible, and help those that need it most, then it makes total sense to allow those who are doing the worst, to get the first pick.

 

I'm sorry, but do you know how the NFL does their waivers?  You might want to take a look at that and come back and tell me it makes no sense. Then you can write to the league and let them know they are crazy too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

Well for one that person isn't giving up any spot, because again its from the get go. So you can let go of it now.

 

As people do better and better and go up in rankings, it is highly unlikely that they will do anything with waivers. If you're winning, do you really shop around the waivers that much, each and every week? Not likely. Meanwhile, those who are losing are trying to salvage their season from various things that caused their bad season. Waivers may not help them, but at least it gives them a better opportunity to be more competitive.

 

Because you are the one arguing for the setting. Anyone who likes your setting, to me, is a bit selfish. You want to allow people who are winning to have high picks when they don't need them. When it does nothing to help them. Rather than allow those who need the most help to have it. That is a perfect example of selfish. Idk what else to call it.

 

Sorry if you took offense, maybe its just me being "delusional" again right?

 

I would rather allow those that need it most, to have the best chance to improve their situation. It increases competition and increases interest and engagement.  If you believe in trying to have the most competitive league possible, and help those that need it most, then it makes total sense to allow those who are doing the worst, to get the first pick.

 

I'm sorry, but do you know how the NFL does their waivers?  You might want to take a look at that and come back and tell me it makes no sense. Then you can write to the league and let them know they are crazy too.

Fantasy  football is not the NFL.

There was a three week period last year in this league where I went from 9th spot to 1st place. Then there was a time last season where I dropped two spots without having a loss.

There is not time in this league where a high waiver spot is not needed.

And yes, you are delusional.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Fantasy  football is not the NFL.

There was a three week period last year in this league where I went from 9th spot to 1st place. Then there was a time last season where I dropped two spots without having a loss.

There is not time in this league where a high waiver spot is not needed.

And yes, you are delusional.

 

 

Ah, I see the double standard now.

 

A high waiver spot is not needed as much for those with a  good record and no spots needed to be filled. A high waiver spot is not needed as much for those who are in the top 3, 4, or even 5.

 

A high waiver spot is needed for those who are struggling to salvage their season.

 

Your preference is neither equitable nor equal. It helps to keep those who are down, remain down, and those who are up, remain up.

 

That is your prerogative, I simply disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can ask is leave the final say to a league vote and quit the back and forth, guys, on the waiver rules. We know how you passionately feel about your viewpoints. :) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

Ah, I see the double standard now.

 

A high waiver spot is not needed as much for those with a  good record and no spots needed to be filled. A high waiver spot is not needed as much for those who are in the top 3, 4, or even 5.

 

A high waiver spot is needed for those who are struggling to salvage their season.

 

Your preference is neither equitable nor equal. It helps to keep those who are down, remain down, and those who are up, remain up.

 

That is your prerogative, I simply disagree.

It is my prerogative and your argumentative attitude is not changing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

All I can ask is leave the final say to a league vote and quit the back and forth, guys, on the waiver rules. We know how you passionately feel about your viewpoints. :) 

 

 

Meh, I'm dropping to Joes league anyways lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is my prerogative and your argumentative attitude is not changing it.

 

That statement makes no sense. When there is a disagreement, both people are arguing. You were as much a part of this as I. In this instance, are not both argumentative by your standard? I am not going along looking to argue with people for no reason at all. Was that supposed to be a jab?

 

Now this could be taken as argumentative, but I will not stand idly by as people try to passive aggressively insult me for no reason. I will return things in kind, much like our delusional/selfish back and forth. Of which you started.

 

If you would like to continue this, please feel free to PM me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not concerned, either way, on how we work the waivers. It won't change my stance on how to handle them, it would only increase, or decrease my chances of getting the guy I'm interested in anyway, dependent on how I'm doing, and who I want.

 

I often find that I'm not looking at the same guys others are anyways.

And, I've been in situations where I've lost out on a guy I really wanted, just to learn that it was a huge blessing in disguise anyway.

 

It's a carp shoot anyways. Just like the draft.

There is skill involved, but there's plenty of luck in it, also.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

That statement makes no sense. When there is a disagreement, both people are arguing. You were as much a part of this as I. In this instance, are not both argumentative by your standard? I am not going along looking to argue with people for no reason at all. Was that supposed to be a jab?

 

Now this could be taken as argumentative, but I will not stand idly by as people try to passive aggressively insult me for no reason. I will return things in kind, much like our delusional/selfish back and forth. Of which you started.

 

If you would like to continue this, please feel free to PM me.

I started what? You made the first move by calling me selfish because we had different opinions. There will be no more of reading or replying to you at all as I have decided to put you on ignore. It was my mistake for not doing this before all this nonsense started. It was a waist of time and effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize to the other members for letting Narcosys get under my skin and then making a back and forth issue become nothing but nonsense. This become an out of the ordinary way we normally debate things.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I apologize to the other members for letting Narcosys get under my skin and then making a back and forth issue become nothing but nonsense. This become an out of the ordinary way we normally debate things.

 

Not to worry.

I'm still expecting to make it through the day.       :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I started what? You made the first move by calling me selfish because we had different opinions. There will be no more of reading or replying to you at all as I have decided to put you on ignore. It was my mistake for not doing this before all this nonsense started. It was a waist of time and effort.

Now who's being argumentative?  I asked you to pm me.  Instead you falsely try to call me out again.  Have you already forgotten what you said? You can go back and read it.  

 

You directed your delusional comment at me personally before I called you selfish.  It was in response to my generic application of what I deemed unsportsmanlike.  If you're going to try and argue,  at least keep up with what you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2017 at 7:59 AM, Narcosys said:

 

Exactly, you're doing absolutely nothing. 

 

If youre not using it,  then you're not stopping anyone from getting anything. You're wasting it anyways. There's no strategy for doing nothing if you don't need anything. What you are doing is helping to prevent those who need help, from getting it. Is it fair for a last place person to be last in the waiver? No. It's more selfish and elitist than anything. You're just standing by either waiting for something to happen,  which gives you any over other owners who have the same thing happen, or you're intentionally trying to hurt another team.


There's competition,  then there's straight unsportsmanship.

 

 

I feel we have a philosophical difference here on what waivers should be.

 

No matter what waiver priority I had, I would NEVER put in a waiver claim for a player that would not start on my team, but I see TONS of people who put in waiver requests to strengthen the bench of their roster, or use their waiver on some flash in the pan receiver who had 1 good week.

 

Two years ago or 3 years ago, we had the system where record determined waiver priority. Every week the #12 guy got whoever they wanted from the FA pool, and their schedule started out tough, but got progressively easier as the season went on, they faced some real powerhouse players. Well around week 7 or 8 they started to move up the rankings from getting player after player in waivers, while the rest of us from the middle down never had a chance to vastly improve our team with a key waiver pickup. This really only benefited the one player, the rest of us never had a chance, and I personally feel like it took the strategy out of the game, It was pretty much if you won the draft you won the league, so why even bother playing the season?

 

I just feel waivers should be strategic. No matter what your record is, no matter how good you are at the game, it's a huge piece of the puzzle. If I was in last place I would still favor the rolling waiver priority. I would try to fill holes in FA, and try to save my waiver for someone who could make a difference on my team.

 

Also, I think more people need to be open to trading. If you are last in the rankings, and you have 1 elite player who can't carry your entire team, say you have Julio Jones and nothing else, you should try to move that player for 2 or 3 good players that will give you a shot at winning, waivers is not the only way to get out of the dungeon.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SilentHill said:

 

I feel we have a philosophical difference here on what waivers should be.

 

No matter what waiver priority I had, I would NEVER put in a waiver claim for a player that would not start on my team, but I see TONS of people who put in waiver requests to strengthen the bench of their roster, or use their waiver on some flash in the pan receiver who had 1 good week.

 

Two years ago or 3 years ago, we had the system where record determined waiver priority. Every week the #12 guy got whoever they wanted from the FA pool, and their schedule started out tough, but got progressively easier as the season went on, they faced some real powerhouse players. Well around week 7 or 8 they started to move up the rankings from getting player after player in waivers, while the rest of us from the middle down never had a chance to vastly improve our team with a key waiver pickup. This really only benefited the one player, the rest of us never had a chance, and I personally feel like it took the strategy out of the game, It was pretty much if you won the draft you won the league, so why even bother playing the season?

 

I just feel waivers should be strategic. No matter what your record is, no matter how good you are at the game, it's a huge piece of the puzzle. If I was in last place I would still favor the rolling waiver priority. I would try to fill holes in FA, and try to save my waiver for someone who could make a difference on my team.

 

Also, I think more people need to be open to trading. If you are last in the rankings, and you have 1 elite player who can't carry your entire team, say you have Julio Jones and nothing else, you should try to move that player for 2 or 3 good players that will give you a shot at winning, waivers is not the only way to get out of the dungeon.

 

 

 

In your example, the guy didn't win the draft. So did he win the league?  At Some point the guy moved up and wasnt in last anymore.  

 

But I can see where the waiver pool can dry up by mid season. I still don't consider the waiver pool really that my g of a strategy. If you're having to hot tyke waiver pool a lot, then your strategy isnt working. If you're not using it, then that's not really strategy, it's just a place holder in case one of your guys goes down.  Which,  if you're waiting mid season already to use it,  then you have missed out and it's already drying up on you.  

 

If you use it in the first few weeks,  then that's it and you mice to the bottom and will not likely see first for a few weeks if others are active.  

 

However,  at least you get to see first at some point. 

 

I can agree with rolling waivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Narcosys said:

 

 

In your example, the guy didn't win the draft. So did he win the league?  At Some point the guy moved up and wasnt in last anymore.  

 

But I can see where the waiver pool can dry up by mid season. I still don't consider the waiver pool really that my g of a strategy. If you're having to hot tyke waiver pool a lot, then your strategy isnt working. If you're not using it, then that's not really strategy, it's just a place holder in case one of your guys goes down.  Which,  if you're waiting mid season already to use it,  then you have missed out and it's already drying up on you.  

 

If you use it in the first few weeks,  then that's it and you mice to the bottom and will not likely see first for a few weeks if others are active.  

 

However,  at least you get to see first at some point. 

 

I can agree with rolling waivers. 

 

I think that bottom player ended up somewhere in the middle of the pack, the person with the best draft won the league, if i recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

 

I think that bottom player ended up somewhere in the middle of the pack, the person with the best draft won the league, if i recall.

That's normally how it works out especially if injuries can be avoided. As competitive as this league is an I jury can make or break you. I lost both my starting RBs last season and made a huge mistake dropping Ajayi early after drafting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SilentHill said:

 

I think that bottom player ended up somewhere in the middle of the pack, the person with the best draft won the league, if i recall.

 

So then he prevented others from being competitive. I got it. 

 

Sorry for all the typos, my slide to text can really be off and I front proofread enough I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

 

So then he prevented others from being competitive. I got it. 

 

Sorry for all the typos, my slide to text can really be off and I front proofread enough I guess. 

 

One thing I will definitely vouch for is a league wide vote on this. Then, I will have to abide by the league's wishes, whether I like the vote or not. I'd know at least an effort was made to resolve it via a league vote rather it being based on my preferences or someone else's. 

 

Like I said, I am fine with either way as long as it is decided by vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2017 at 1:40 PM, Narcosys said:

Sorry,  been busy moving to England. 

 

But I'm in. 

 

You poor poor man. My condolences. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

You poor poor man. My condolences. 

 

Thank you I need them.  Only get 5mb internet here... on good days. Talk about killing my gaming skills. Guess Ill have to make it up by visiting Stonehenge, hiking the cliffs of dover, visiting castles in wales and Ireland, falling in love with Scottish women's accents... its rough. But I think I'll survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I've heard from everyone except @Rich Cannon but he didn't vote last year and was often mysterious so I say let's assume he's in and worry about the details later.

 

The Elite League

 

1. Broosters @buccolts

2. God Hates Jags @HOFClipboardHolder

3. Out of Bounds @crazycolt1

4. Kanye East @Rich Cannon

5. SilentHill @SilentHill

6. AxeIF @chad72

7. VU Cru @Valpo2004

8. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4

9. IndyD4U @IndyD4U

10. Spoonfish @spoonfish

11. @Jeff Tolle

12. @SteelCityColt

 

@Juanjo & @Narcosys will be moving to the Joe's league this season, Heads up to @Colt92

 

Now, last season we  voted on rules, and what not.

 

Here are the proposed changes so far this season:

 

1. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com

 

2. Change 2x Flex positions from WR/RB & WR/TE to WR/RB/TE & WR/TE

 

3. Set waivers weekly based on ranking instead of continuous rolling.

 

4. Remove head2head tiebreaker from standings. (This was a NFL.com thing)

 

5. Change settings to randomize and show draft order before the draft.

 

 

Below are the non-default settings for this league:

 

1. IR spot on the roster

2. Passing TD are 6 points

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (This was a NFL.com thing)

4. TE position is now WR/TE

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16 (This was a NFL.com thing)

6. Trade Review -  League Votes (This was a NFL.com thing)

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards

 

There were a lot of potential changes thrown around last year in this thread:

 

If you want something changed NOW is the time to voice that opinion! I'm going to set a cut-off on proposing new changes for Saturday July 15th (Unless we think it should be sooner)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

OK I've heard from everyone except @Rich Cannon but he didn't vote last year and was often mysterious so I say let's assume he's in and worry about the details later.

 

The Elite League

 

1. Broosters @buccolts

2. God Hates Jags @HOFClipboardHolder

3. Out of Bounds @crazycolt1

4. Kanye East @Rich Cannon

5. SilentHill @SilentHill

6. AxeIF @chad72

7. VU Cru @Valpo2004

8. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4

9. IndyD4U @IndyD4U

10. Spoonfish @spoonfish

11. @Jeff Tolle

12. @SteelCityColt

 

@Juanjo & @Narcosys will be moving to the Joe's league this season, Heads up to @Colt92

 

Now, last season we  voted on rules, and what not.

 

Here are the proposed changes so far this season:

 

1. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com

 

2. Change 2x Flex positions from WR/RB & WR/TE to WR/RB/TE & WR/TE

 

3. Set waivers weekly based on ranking instead of continuous rolling.

 

4. Remove head2head tiebreaker from standings. (This was a NFL.com thing)

 

5. Change settings to randomize and show draft order before the draft.

 

 

Below are the non-default settings for this league:

 

1. IR spot on the roster

2. Passing TD are 6 points

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (This was a NFL.com thing)

4. TE position is now WR/TE

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16 (This was a NFL.com thing)

6. Trade Review -  League Votes (This was a NFL.com thing)

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards

 

There were a lot of potential changes thrown around last year in this thread:

 

If you want something changed NOW is the time to voice that opinion! I'm going to set a cut-off on proposing new changes for Saturday July 15th (Unless we think it should be sooner)

 

The  only thing I could think of was making sure waiver period is just one day (24 hrs) to pick up a player that has been dropped and trades get approved or rejected in two days. There shouldn't be any waiting period after members have approved or rejected a trade after that period of 2 days.

 

The reasoning is Thursday night games and players dropped when waivers begin i.e. Wednesday morning plus line up decisions a GM has to make with TNF in mind. What I saw was a player going on TNF, if dropped Wednesday mornings, couldn't be picked up on Thursday, never understood why even if the timings suggested 24 hrs transpired. Yahoo executes waiver claims based on waiver priorities based on West Coast time, if I remember right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

 

Here are the proposed changes so far this season:

 

1. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com (neither, ESPN)

 

2. Change 2x Flex positions from WR/RB & WR/TE to WR/RB/TE & WR/TE (doubt anyone would play two TE, but sure go ahead)

 

3. Set waivers weekly based on ranking instead of continuous rolling. (Rolling)

 

4. Remove head2head tiebreaker from standings. (This was a NFL.com thing) (maintain)

 

5. Change settings to randomize and show draft order before the draft. (show draft, but should draft be based on last years rankings?) If not, then yes

 

 

Below are the non-default settings for this league:

 

1. IR spot on the roster (Maintain)

2. Passing TD are 6 points (Maintain)

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (This was a NFL.com thing) (Maintain)

4. TE position is now WR/TE (Maintain)

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16 (This was a NFL.com thing) (Maintain)

6. Trade Review -  League Votes (This was a NFL.com thing) (Maintain)

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards (Maintain)

 

 

 

Idk if I can vote on it since I'm moving, unless these are changes that are made to both leagues. But my votes are bolded above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will vote on things after all questions are decided on July 15th. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SilentHill said:

OK I've heard from everyone except @Rich Cannon but he didn't vote last year and was often mysterious so I say let's assume he's in and worry about the details later.

 

The Elite League

 

1. Broosters @buccolts

2. God Hates Jags @HOFClipboardHolder

3. Out of Bounds @crazycolt1

4. Kanye East @Rich Cannon

5. SilentHill @SilentHill

6. AxeIF @chad72

7. VU Cru @Valpo2004

8. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4

9. IndyD4U @IndyD4U

10. Spoonfish @spoonfish

11. @Jeff Tolle

12. @SteelCityColt

 

@Juanjo & @Narcosys will be moving to the Joe's league this season, Heads up to @Colt92

 

Now, last season we  voted on rules, and what not.

 

Here are the proposed changes so far this season:

 

1. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com

 

2. Change 2x Flex positions from WR/RB & WR/TE to WR/RB/TE & WR/TE

 

3. Set waivers weekly based on ranking instead of continuous rolling.

 

4. Remove head2head tiebreaker from standings. (This was a NFL.com thing)

 

5. Change settings to randomize and show draft order before the draft.

 

 

Below are the non-default settings for this league:

 

1. IR spot on the roster

2. Passing TD are 6 points

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (This was a NFL.com thing)

4. TE position is now WR/TE

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16 (This was a NFL.com thing)

6. Trade Review -  League Votes (This was a NFL.com thing)

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards

 

There were a lot of potential changes thrown around last year in this thread:

 

If you want something changed NOW is the time to voice that opinion! I'm going to set a cut-off on proposing new changes for Saturday July 15th (Unless we think it should be sooner)

 

 

1. Change from NFL.com to Yahoo.com - No

 

2. Change 2x Flex positions from WR/RB & WR/TE to WR/RB/TE & WR/TE - Yes

**Alternate proposal**

But I would prefer one TE only spot and a WR/RB/TE flex.  Could I get a second on this?

 

3. Set waivers weekly based on ranking instead of continuous rolling. - Yes

 

4. Remove head2head tiebreaker from standings. (This was a NFL.com thing) - Yes

 

5. Change settings to randomize and show draft order before the draft. - Tentatively Yes but could I get more information as to how the draft order is set now?  

 

**Alternate proposal**

I would say we should allow teams to choose where they are drafting based on ranking from last year.  IE the #12 team gets to pick where to draft.  Say they take #9.  Then the #11 team gets to pick where to draft other then #9 and so on.  The champ gets stuck with whatever spot is left after everyone else has picked.  Since the draft order rotates every other round in fantasy I think we should allow teams to pick their draft spot based on what fits their strategy best with the worst teams/new players getting first crack.   Could I get a second on this.  

 

 

Below are the non-default settings for this league:

 

1. IR spot on the roster  -- Approve

2. Passing TD are 6 points -- Approve

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (This was a NFL.com thing) - Disapprove.

 

**Alternate Proposal**

 #1 and #2 seeds should get a bye in first round.  #3 plays #6, #4 plays #5 and then #1 plays lowest remaining seed and #2 plays 2nd lowest remaining seed.  

 

4. TE position is now WR/TE - Disapprove, would prefer a TE only spot as I mentioned.

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16 (This was a NFL.com thing) - Approve

6. Trade Review -  League Votes (This was a NFL.com thing) - Approve

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards - Approve

 

**Proposal**

.5 points for rushing or receiving first down.  

 

One of the biggest problems with fantasy football is that it does not reward first downs.  Possession receivers are worth a lot more to real football teams then fantasy teams because of this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

The  only thing I could think of was making sure waiver period is just one day (24 hrs) to pick up a player that has been dropped and trades get approved or rejected in two days. There shouldn't be any waiting period after members have approved or rejected a trade after that period of 2 days.

 

The reasoning is Thursday night games and players dropped when waivers begin i.e. Wednesday morning plus line up decisions a GM has to make with TNF in mind. What I saw was a player going on TNF, if dropped Wednesday mornings, couldn't be picked up on Thursday, never understood why even if the timings suggested 24 hrs transpired. Yahoo executes waiver claims based on waiver priorities based on West Coast time, if I remember right.

 

I second this proposal on trades only.  I do not second the proposal on waivers. 

 

For the record I recommend that any proposal have a second to be voted on.  I also encourage everyone to read over other player's proposal's and second any that you like.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

I second this proposal on trades only.  I do not second the proposal on waivers. 

 

Why not on the second? Just curious because once a player is dropped by a GM, 11 other GMs will benefit with a shorter turnaround for picking the player from waivers after 24 hrs have transpired. Something that 11 GMs would benefit has to be beneficial. Maybe I am not understanding something???

 

The waiver period is not what I am wanting to change, that is from game time to Tuesday, that remains unchanged, you cannot pick up players during that time unless they are free agents. The waiver duration for picking up a player AFTER that player is dropped is what I want to be enforced as 1 day, nothing more, nothing less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.