Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Jacobs says he will ‘expose’ Jim Harbaugh, get him fired

18 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

What to heck?

Obviously, I don't know all the particulars here, but Jacobs looks like a complete jerk.  There have been other players that were not fond of Harbaugh, but at least they handled it in a mature manner.

:scratch:

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What to heck?

Obviously, I don't know all the particulars here, but Jacobs looks like a complete jerk.  There have been other players that were not fond of Harbaugh, but at least they handled it in a mature manner.

:scratch:

I think Harbaugh said something about Brandon recently, and Brandon clearly wasn't too happy about it.

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think Harbaugh said something about Brandon recently, and Brandon clearly wasn't too happy about it.

Still, that's incredibly petty to say you're going to get someone fired from their current job because of beef from a previous job.

I mean, if the situations were reversed, and Harbaugh was saying he was going to get Jacobs fired from his current job because of a feud from years ago, Harbaugh would be getting crucified for such pettiness...

I'm glad Harbaugh is taking the high road.

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I guess he wasn't.

Still, seems excessive.........like dangerous person sort of excessive

4 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I guess he wasn't.

Still, seems excessive.........like dangerous person sort of excessive

I know Harbaugh has a certain way of talking to people (especially his players) that rubs some people the wrong way.  I also know that Jacobs has always been the biggest, baddest dude since like middle school (check his tape from high school, he was a man-among-boys on the field), so he was probably never used to anyone talking to him the way Harbaugh talks to people.

I could see Jacobs just not knowing how to deal with this perceived "disrespect", and resorting to this sort of threatening speech.

:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know Harbaugh has a certain way of talking to people (especially his players) that rubs some people the wrong way.  I also know that Jacobs has always been the biggest, baddest dude since like middle school (check his tape from high school, he was a man-among-boys on the field), so he was probably never used to anyone talking to him the way Harbaugh talks to people.

I could see Jacobs just not knowing how to deal with this perceived "disrespect", and resorting to this sort of threatening speech.

He may just have an anger problem. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if many NFL players do, considering the sport they play itself is violent. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah it just sounds like BJ is simply just bitter, for some reason?  I guess we will find out when or if he exposes Harbaugh. 

It would have to be something super offensive or criminal for Harbaugh to be fired. He pretty much has it set in Michigan.

• 3 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, Deadpool said:

Harbaugh is still coaching right? Yeah that is what I thought. What is Brandon Jacobs doing now?:thinking:

lol...but maybe not for much longer in Michigan....he can't beat MSU or OSU...and if ND starts beating him next year he will be in hot water all on his own. I don't understand why he can't find a qb...but his offenses are terrible...team wins the ones they should but are not winning enough of the 50/50 or big games. If he doesn't get them into the BCS playoffs in a couple years he will be looking for a new job. All the money and resources the university has given him he has no excuses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 9:39 AM, dgambill said:

lol...but maybe not for much longer in Michigan....he can't beat MSU or OSU...and if ND starts beating him next year he will be in hot water all on his own. I don't understand why he can't find a qb...but his offenses are terrible...team wins the ones they should but are not winning enough of the 50/50 or big games. If he doesn't get them into the BCS playoffs in a couple years he will be looking for a new job. All the money and resources the university has given him he has no excuses.

That is if he makes it until next year lol. this was a Michigan team that was suppose to fight for a playoff spot this year. and now they are hanging on by a thread to stay around the top 25. So there is a good chance either A) he leaves on his own after the season, or B) he gets fired if they dont even make a new years six bowl. But im going to go out on a limb here, and say he is out after the season. 

34 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

That is if he makes it until next year lol. this was a Michigan team that was suppose to fight for a playoff spot this year. and now they are hanging on by a thread to stay around the top 25. So there is a good chance either A) he leaves on his own after the season, or B) he gets fired if they dont even make a new years six bowl. But im going to go out on a limb here, and say he is out after the season. 

His contract is too big to be forced out this year. I don't even see them letting him out of his contract to go back and coach NFL. They are invested...and while the team is struggling he still has a pretty strong influence on the donors and alumni that he will keep his job. The offense is just abysmal right now...he needs to develop himself a qb...but if he starts losing to 4 games a year to ND, MSU, OSU, and PSU....it won't be long after that. I think he is safe this year.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

His contract is too big to be forced out this year. I don't even see them letting him out of his contract to go back and coach NFL. They are invested...and while the team is struggling he still has a pretty strong influence on the donors and alumni that he will keep his job. The offense is just abysmal right now...he needs to develop himself a qb...but if he starts losing to 4 games a year to ND, MSU, OSU, and PSU....it won't be long after that. I think he is safe this year.

2 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Michigan went all out to get Harbaugh on campus.  They arn't going to give up on him that quick.  They are still a pretty good team they just havn't been able to win games against the top tier of the conference.

Remember in 2015 and 2016 they where 10 - 3 (including the bowl game)

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Michigan went all out to get Harbaugh on campus.  They arn't going to give up on him that quick.  They are still a pretty good team they just havn't been able to win games against the top tier of the conference.

Remember in 2015 and 2016 they where 10 - 3 (including the bowl game)

Yep...I agree he isn't going anywhere...keep them relevant and making money and they will keep him....but yeah a couple more years of losing to their rivals and he will be in hotter water.

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yep...I agree he isn't going anywhere...keep them relevant and making money and they will keep him....but yeah a couple more years of losing to their rivals and he will be in hotter water.

Agreed he will eventually have to start getting victories over OSU, MSU, and ND if he wants to keep his job.  

But that's not this year or even in my opinion next year.  

Maybe after year 5 if he hasn't secured a rivalry victory they will think about cutting him loose.  

But even then I'm not entirely sure.  Michigan just came out of a dark period with Rich Rod and Brady Hoke where they where not considered a national powerhouse or regularly a ranked team.  They then went out and grabbed the most coveted free agent coach that the NFL or NCAA has seen in a long time plus he's a Michigan Alum and he's got them at the very least back in the national rankings and considered a powerhouse again.  

Even if he can't secure rivalry victories in 5 years, constantly getting his team to 10 wins plus what he's historically done, if Michigan cuts him loose, Harbaugh's cell phone will ring with at least 3 teams NFL or NCAA wanting to interview him before he even completes the drive home.  Meanwhile Michigan is going to be trying to hire another coach that probably won't have nearly Harbaugh's charisma or profile.  On top of that they are going to have to convince these coaches to come work for them after they just saw the previous coach get canned despite getting 10 wins.  

Look what happened to Nebraska.  They let their coach go despite getting like 10 wins a year because "he wasn't getting them over the hump".  Now they kinda suck. 

I think his leash is really long.  

• 4 months later...