Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the Colts consider trading for Sheldon Richardson? [Merge]

DarkHorse

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Shepman said:

Go back and look how many 45th rounders make it in NFL worth it.  Make the contract risk proof with incentives.

You are a dreamer. He wouldn`t sign for less than enormous guarantees and overall salary.
 Something like this. JMO of course.  And i hope not. Totally dislike the odds he has the attitude to earn it.
 http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/muhammad-wilkerson-7745/

13 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

You are a dreamer. He wouldn`t sign for less than enormous guarantees and overall salary.
 Something like this. JMO of course.  And i hope not. Totally dislike the odds he has the attitude to earn it.
 http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/muhammad-wilkerson-7745/

At this point I'm not sure he is a position to demand such a contract.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It's a risk worth taking he is a beast and will be had for pennies 

I agree he is a beast when he's motivated.  I'm just saying he's had substance abuse issues and he MAY still be available without giving anything up.  Oh, and I don't think he's as much of a need now with Hankins.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He will cost way more on the open market 

Well you will still have to pay him if you trade for him and he isn't going to be cheap either way.

Hey, I'm not an expert by any means.  I could be wrong.  This is just IMHO.  Why do you care what I think anyway?  I'm not the one making the decisions.  :thmup:

On 4/29/2017 at 1:42 PM, BOTT said:

At this point I'm not sure he is a position to demand such a contract.

People were saying the same about Hankins until we gave him his asking price.  Someone will pay him because he is a solid player just dumb off the field.

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 8:08 PM, AZColt11 said:

Well you will still have to pay him if you trade for him and he isn't going to be cheap either way.

Hey, I'm not an expert by any means.  I could be wrong.  This is just IMHO.  Why do you care what I think anyway?  I'm not the one making the decisions.  :thmup:

Never understood why folks care so much about the cost if what you're paying for is a really good player. An elite Dlineman at that. I bet he would behave more in Indy than in NY.. With him next to Hankins & Anderson we would have one of the best D-lines in football. 

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

Never understood why folks care so much about the cost if what you're paying for is a really good player. An elite Dlineman at that. I bet he would behave more in Indy than in NY.. With him next to Hankins & Anderson we would have one of the best D-lines in football. 

I get that.  Hey, I never said I didn't WANT him.  I'm just saying I wouldn't give up high picks for him.  I think that would be detrimental to a team trying to build for the future.  This team needs all the draft picks it can get, and I don't think it's as much of a need now with Hankins.  Now if they woulda done that BEFORE the Hankins acquisition, then that would make more sense to me.  Now, I think he would need to come without picks involved.

7 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

People were saying the same about Hankins until we gave him his asking price.  Someone will pay him because he is a solid player just dumb off the field.

Hankins doesn't have off the field issues, isn't one flunked test away from a year suspension, and isn't coming off a crap season.

14 hours ago, BOTT said:

Hankins doesn't have off the field issues, isn't one flunked test away from a year suspension, and isn't coming off a crap season.

Where as I agree with all of that it still does not matter because a team will pay for his potential.

Just now, buccolts said:

Agreed. Just so it's a divisional rival, and not the Colts.

Also agree!  Personally I would not want him.  Too much money for the possibility of having a Josh Gordon on the roster.  Great upside but not worth the risk and money to me.  

10 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Where as I agree with all of that it still does not matter because a team will pay for his potential.

Well, so far teams aren't even willing to part with a 3rd rounder for his potential.

14 hours ago, BOTT said:

Well, so far teams aren't even willing to part with a 3rd rounder for his potential.

Well why spend a draft pick when you can get him as a Free Agent next year???  Obviously I would not want to give up a solid pick in a deep draft for a one year rental.  That's just common sense.

9 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Well why spend a draft pick when you can get him as a Free Agent next year???  Obviously I would not want to give up a solid pick in a deep draft for a one year rental.  That's just common sense.

To ensure you get him.  It's contingent on him signing an extension obviously.

I don't think it'd be a BAD move per se, I just would not want to give up something hefty to get him, then he fails another test and can't play.  If it's low-risk, then by all means.  Then make his contract contingent on staying clean.  If not, you cut him.  This team just can't afford to give up high draft picks.  That's how it got behind the 8-ball to begin with.

14 hours ago, BOTT said:

To ensure you get him.  It's contingent on him signing an extension obviously.

Or you do not do that...you are claiming no one wants him anyways so if a team throws money at him he would sign for that right??  I am just going off of your original point here.

8 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Or you do not do that...you are claiming no one wants him anyways so if a team throws money at him he would sign for that right??  I am just going off of your original point here.

My original post said he wasn't in position to demand a high salary with enormous guarantees.  

3 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I have no idea what the hell he even said............

He was inquiring the whereabouts of gardening instruments and then indicating an interest in fornicating with the game he was about to go play. 

Or as he said it: "where the hoes at, %$!@ this game" haha

Why are we still talking about this? Based on FA so far, Richardson is the COMPLETE opposite of what Ballard has brought in.

He's making a fully guaranteed $8.1M this season and most likely wants a new deal around that. With his off-field issues and questionable on-field motivation, he's not worth that kind of money or headache. Bringing a guy like that in would turn Ballard into a hypocrite and ruin anything he's done or is trying to accomplish. It won't happen, just let it go..

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Why are we still talking about this? Based on FA so far, Richardson is the COMPLETE opposite of what Ballard has brought in.

He's making a fully guaranteed $8.1M this season and most likely wants a new deal around that. With his off-field issues and questionable on-field motivation, he's not worth that kind of money or headache. Bringing a guy like that in would turn Ballard into a hypocrite and ruin anything he's done or is trying to accomplish. It won't happen, just let it go..

I agree. This is post  like 46 or something close and that is about 40 too many.

• 3 weeks later...

Dallas Robinson wrote a piece for Pro Football Rumors about the Jets trying to trade Richardson to several teams, including the Colts. It's a long list of potential suitors, and I wouldn't expect the Colts to try and grab him. Plus, he's probably not worth even a few mid-late round picks considering the issues he's had as a Jet.

Thoughts?