Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts impressed with Marlon Mack so far this offseason

RockThatBlue

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think that is pretty much what Pagano said but it seems some just want to add their own negative spin on anything Pagano says.

I'm definitely not the biggest Pagano fan but I'll give him one last chance since he has a good GM. If the Colts are 8-8 again, then it'd be time to find a new coach

On 5/26/2017 at 7:06 PM, The Peytonator said:

Chuck loves his coachspeak.

But I really did like the Mack pick. Then again, I also liked the Josh Robinson pick from a couple years ago, so disregard my opinion. 

To be fair josh robinson looked good on tape but when he got here he couldnt hold on to football

5 hours ago, J@son said:

Sorry man but I think posts like this are kind of ridiculous. Without knowing specifics on his body composition, body fat percentage etc etc its impossible to say what his playing weight should be. Some things, like a players ideal playing weight, are just impossible for a fan to have a good idea of so we should let the professionals determine that. :)

Could Mack play at 220?      Probably.

I'm just making the case that his speed, quickness,  lateral agility and overall athleticism are what make him special.      So,  I don't want him to lose any of that.

And since many teams (most?) use a time share at running back,  then I'd like to keep Mack as the change of pace back as he will play this year,   and then draft a more Gore-like back next year to be the lead RB.

Just a personal preference.

On 5/27/2017 at 8:12 PM, Luck is Good said:

I'm reserving judgment until I see him in the games. Too many times we've thought that the Colts had a good RB. Whether it would be injuries, system or just flat out bad. I do like the potential though

Me too! I think speed, quickness and good hands ought to work. I wonder if he can block in pass pro?

Marlon Mack does not look like very impressive if you ask me... I think he'll quickly find out that he's not the fastest on the field trying to take plays to the outside and receive some big hits if he doesn't lower his pads a lot more. 

35 minutes ago, Smitto said:

Marlon Mack does not look like very impressive if you ask me... I think he'll quickly find out that he's not the fastest on the field trying to take plays to the outside and receive some big hits if he doesn't lower his pads a lot more. 

Lowering his pads and hitting is not the type of RB he is. Not every RB has to be a big hitter to be effective.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Lowering his pads and hitting is not the type of RB he is. Not every RB has to be a big hitter to be effective.

I'm not saying he needs to be a big hitter, but the way he carries the ball leaves him open to alot of big hits and being knocked back rather than being knocked forwards. 

On 5/27/2017 at 2:45 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Personally,   I don't want Mack to ever play at more than 215 (He's currently at 213).    He looks like he has a leaner build to me and I don't want to gain any weight that might impact his speed, or quickness and that's Mack's calling card.

Honestly,   I don't want Mack to be the guy who replaces Gore.     I don't want him to be the every down back.   I'd like Mack to be the change of pace back.      I think in 2018,  we'll take another good RB who is built for more heavyweight duty.     A guy like Chubb or Freeman....    more of bigger bodied guy who is more of an inside guy to go with Mack's outside ability.       Then, we'd have an effective duo.

Just my preference.    I love Mack and I'm thrilled we took him.     I just want to maximize his natural gifts.

Well said!!! Patriots had Blount but did not try to make the others into a Blount. James White and Dion Lewis have a role and they do it very well. Let the OL do its job and let the OC maximize the RB talents, as they are. Maximizing our player talents is the untapped potential that could take the existing squad to perennial division winners, for a starting point, IMO. The D will be the difference between a division winner and SB contender.

Glad to see Mack impressing. Chuck does acknowledge "we will see how things are when pads go on", so he is being realistic, IMO.

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Photo, please.

On Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 1:35 PM, dodsworth said:

I don't know about shorts but I look good in my banana hammack thong. 

2 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Please NOT!

Don't worry there will be no photos because it looks more like a stack of buttons than a banana unfortunately.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:55 AM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

chuck-pagano-ryan-grigson-nfl-indianapol

Is nobody going to point out the most awkward thing about this photo?

It looks like they are holding hands!  Just going for a stroll in the park, looking for that special spot.  :hug:

Whoever said Chuck and Grigs didn't get along?  Love was in the air in this photo...  :heart:

:lol:

5 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Is nobody going to point out the most awkward thing about this photo?

It looks like they are holding hands!  Just going for a stroll in the park, looking for that special spot.  :hug:

Whoever said Chuck and Grigs didn't get along?  Love was in the air in this photo...  :heart:

:lol:

I did notice that when I posted it. You actually have to look really closely before you realize that they aren't holding hands, it's pretty funny.

42 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Related image

I don't know if that's going to burn enough calories...  That's the easy way out!

Alright ladies, let's step it up!

Image result for richard simmons step gif

I *hope* those are bacon pants... I *think* those are... not... bacon pants...

I'm as disappointed as you are @lollygagger8*

:yuk:  :fear:

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, southwest1 said:

Never apologize for being wrong. I'm wrong so much that sometimes I think it's my middle name. LOL! I respect that you always show up on the forum even when you miscalculated. You're fine in my book Peytonator. 

It would be nice if Mack took pressure off of Luck & gave him some breathing room or at least another option when the weather turns bad after Halloween. Knock on wood that he becomes an asset for INDY. 

Brother the potential and athletic ability is there , has the best potential to be a the best we have had since Edge.