Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts place 2nd

TKnight24

We did that while having one of the "oldest rosters" in the league. Really shows how much we were affected by injury last year. Three rookies started games at OL, Ridgeway, Green and Morrison got thrown into the fire before they were ready/expected, etc. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

We did that while having one of the "oldest rosters" in the league. Really shows how much we were affected by injury last year. Three rookies started games at OL, Ridgeway, Green and Morrison got thrown into the fire before they were ready/expected, etc. 

Having that experience is going to help. Even if Green, Ridgeway, Morrison and/or E Jackson don't start, they will be experienced backups and ST players. I just hope we see a defense that will react and tackle better.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

but....but...injuries are never an excuse.  they still should have won the SB and the Pro Bowl, both by a minimum of a 3 score lead.  

14 hours ago, Superman said:

We had 4 rookies start on the OL. We ran Blythe out there at RG for a game.  

Too many injuries but I expect similar this year. I expect Hooker, Wilson, and possibly Walker to start. Basham and Mack should be rotational guys but get a bunch of snaps. The Colts also need a bunch of rookies to play tbh. Like Superman said, we had the oldest roster in the NFL. We should have a good 80% of our snaps come from rookies and 2nd year players.

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Too many injuries but I expect similar this year. I expect Hooker, Wilson, and possibly Walker to start. Basham and Mack should be rotational guys but get a bunch of snaps. The Colts also need a bunch of rookies to play tbh. Like Superman said, we had the oldest roster in the NFL. We should have a good 80% of our snaps come from rookies and 2nd year players.

80% of our snaps from rookies and 2nd year guys is way to high. TY Moncrief Doyle AC Mewhort Luck Gore Langford Anderson Hankins Simon Sheard Spence Vonte Geathers are all expected starters with 2+ years experience. We need these guys to produce on the field for this team to excel. That would leave about 40% of the starters snaps to rookies and 2nd year guys. That's still a lot.

The 2nd year guys we really need to take a big step are on the right side of the OL. Haeg and Clark at RG/RT and Kelly at C. Swoope and Chester should see their roles expand. Mack is the only R on offense I expect to see a lot of playing time. 

The D has 6 rookies who could see significant early time. Wilson and Hooker will be expected to help right away. I think Basham Walker Hairston and Stewart will have paths to early roles. Green is the only 2nd year guy I expect to see on the field unless Milton makes a big jump. Hopefully we are good enough at ILB not to see Morrison out there. 

On 5/26/2017 at 1:28 PM, TKnight24 said:

Rookie class really stepped up, especially the offensive line that had Andrew Luck as the 5th least sacked QB over the final 7 games 

I'm as optimistic as the next fool, but these guys need to turn this hype into results...  SBs

20 minutes ago, akcolt said:

80% of our snaps from rookies and 2nd year guys is way to high. TY Moncrief Doyle AC Mewhort Luck Gore Langford Anderson Hankins Simon Sheard Spence Vonte Geathers are all expected starters with 2+ years experience. We need these guys to produce on the field for this team to excel. That would leave about 40% of the starters snaps to rookies and 2nd year guys. That's still a lot.

The 2nd year guys we really need to take a big step are on the right side of the OL. Haeg and Clark at RG/RT and Kelly at C. Swoope and Chester should see their roles expand. Mack is the only R on offense I expect to see a lot of playing time. 

The D has 6 rookies who could see significant early time. Wilson and Hooker will be expected to help right away. I think Basham Walker Hairston and Stewart will have paths to early roles. Green is the only 2nd year guy I expect to see on the field unless Milton makes a big jump. Hopefully we are good enough at ILB not to see Morrison out there. 

akcolt gets it, we need to improve.

On 5/26/2017 at 1:43 PM, Superman said:

On 5/26/2017 at 1:45 PM, bababooey said:

Getting the experience was good, now with this past offseason and perhaps one more we can really have a great foundation built.

Yes.  We are finally building a formidable foundation.  That's painful to admit after 5-35 years of "rebuilding" but we are finally laying the groundwork for a successful team.