Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Case Scenario Draft

Here is my best case scenario for the Colts in this offseason...(Whats yours?)

-Over the next month, it is determined by Colts personel that Peyton will be ready to go and therefore resigns Peyton under a incentive ladel new contract that Manning said he is willing to do.

-Indy resigns both Mathis and Garcon, but lets Wayne walk to save money to sign a Free agent or 2.

-Indy signs FA OG Carl Nicks

Draft...

1st - Indy trade 1st overall pick to Cleveland for their 4th, 22nd, 2013 1st, and NT Phil Taylor.

4th overall pick- Indy selects QB RGIII (This is my best case scenario draft remember, and there is a chance he could fall to the 4th pick, and if so would love to see him sit and learn from Peyton for 2 years and then start. RGIII could be a beast on this fast turf we have in Lucas Oil Stadium.)

22nd- CB Dre Kirkpatrick (We get our very talented corner to play opposite Powers.)

2nd round- WR Mohamed Sanu (We get our WR to replace Wayne.)

3rd round- DT/DE Jared Crick (We have a solid 3-4 DE to play opposite Moala and Nevis for a good rotation on the DL.)

4th round- TE Ladarius Green (A sleeper prospect at TE but a very athletic freak who could turn out to be the next Jermichael Finley or Jimmy Graham.)

5th round- SS Tavon Wilson (Another sleeper prospect at S and with Pagano's coaching could turn out to be a very good player.)

Rest of draft - BPA

Oh and Id also like to see us try and trade Freeney for a late 1st or a couple of 2nd round picks to free up cap space.

Ahhh...no

What would likely happen in that scenario is that Washington, Miami, or Seattle would jump in there and get RGIII which would leave us >>>ed when Peyton is ready to call it quits or if he seems ready to go and then ends up getting hurt or regressing and can't go. We're back to Orlovsky.

I like Kirkpatrick, love Sanu, and even like Crick...no beef with those picks. Green I'm not so hot on at TE because I think he will be overwhelmed in pass protection and in the run game...he is more-a-less a big receiver. I'm more in favor of the Witten type of TE's and Green is about 30lbs too light for that.

Wilson is promising but don't expect him to be great for at least a year...maybe two.

Ahhh...no

What would likely happen in that scenario is that Washington, Miami, or Seattle would jump in there and get RGIII which would leave us >>>ed when Peyton is ready to call it quits or if he seems ready to go and then ends up getting hurt or regressing and can't go. We're back to Orlovsky.

I like Kirkpatrick, love Sanu, and even like Crick...no beef with those picks. Green I'm not so hot on at TE because I think he will be overwhelmed in pass protection and in the run game...he is more-a-less a big receiver. I'm more in favor of the Witten type of TE's and Green is about 30lbs too light for that.

Wilson is promising but don't expect him to be great for at least a year...maybe two.

There are drafts in the future as well, not just 2012. We can draft a QB next year, the year after, the year after that, and so on.

Ahhh...no

If anyone jumps in to get RGIII, it leaves us in a position to get Kalil or Blackmon. One of them has to be available at pick four (Luck, Kalil, Blackmon, or RGIII).

If Peyton can't go, we are going to need two years MINIMUM to rebuild (with or without Luck). SuperBowls's draft is just trying to give us possible options.

There are drafts in the future as well, not just 2012. We can draft a QB next year, the year after, the year after that, and so on.

That's right, we can wait until many years down the line. PM is not getting older. PM's arm strength and nerve regeneration are not issues. We can easily do many seasons with the Painter/Collins/Orlovsky plan. Look how well it worked for us last season. :sarcasm:

That's right, we can wait until many years down the line. PM is not getting older. PM's arm strength and nerve regeneration are not issues. We can easily do many seasons with the Painter/Collins/Orlovsky plan. Look how well it worked for us last season.

This response doesn't make any since... I really don't know what to say, I guess we could use Painter, Collins, and Orlovsky again, or we could draft a quarterback like maybe Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray in the future.

Ok I've made some modifications to my Draft making this version a little more realistic since we are probably taking Luck 1st overall and letting Peyton go.

-Indy resigns Mathis, Pierre Garcon

-Indy cuts Bullitt, Addai, and gets Brackett and Clark to take a pay cut, Saturday retires

-Indy signs OG Carl Nicks, CB Tracy Porter

2012 Draft...

1st- QB Andrew Luck (Peyton is likely gone, so Im getting more confident this is the pick and it wont be traded.)

-Indy trades DE Dwight Freeney to Buffalo for 2012, 2013 2nd round picks. (Buffalo is switching to the 4-3, so they need a dominant DE who is familiar with terrorizing Tom Brady.)

2nd- WR Mohamed Sanu (We get our WR to replace Wayne. Just imagine Luck with actual weapons at WR to throw to in Sanu, Garcon, and Collie.)

2nd(via trade)- NT Alameda Ta'amu (Pagano gets his NT to work with and develop. Ta'amu has only had a problem with being consistent with his play, so hopefully Pagano can get the best out of him.)

3rd- DT/DE Jared Crick (He is a pretty good value at the top of the 3rd, and would have been a 1st rounder had he not been injured this year. He could end up having a JJ Watt type of impact sharing time with Moala and Nevis at DE in the 3-4 and DT in the 4-3.)

4th- CB Casey Hayward (Falls a bit but is good value here. We need all the DB help we can get.)

4th(comp for Session)- TE Ladarius Green (We take a project here at TE but could end up being a Jermichael Finley with some work.I made this pick because I have us letting Tamme go.)

5th- SS Tavon Wilson (We get a sleeper safety here, and Im not sure he is the long term answer, but if not next year's safety class is looking good.)

Rest of draft - BPA

Or we could trade the #1 pick, you know, and wait till next year or the year after that and so on to draft a quarterback... lol.

I'd rather we not risk putting another season in the hands of Painter or Orlovsky. (Even though I'm not really even a hater of either.). We don't need a new QB next year or the year after. We need better depth at QB now not later.

I'd rather we not risk putting another season in the hands of Painter or Orlovsky. (Even though I'm not really even a hater of either.). We don't need a new QB next year or the year after. We need better depth at QB now not later.

To the contrary, I think we need better quarterback depth later, not now.

Peyton Manning would be the starter, with Painter or Orlovsky as the backup.

If we're talking about an ideal situation where PM is healthy and on an incentive based contract, then it's a reasonable claim.

However, if it's an uncertain PM on an incentive based contract, I can't agree on passing on the the highest scout rated QB in a decade.

Ok I've made some modifications to my Draft making this version a little more realistic since we are probably taking Luck 1st overall and letting Peyton go.

-Indy cuts Bullitt, Addai, and gets Brackett and Clark to take a pay cut, Saturday retires

2012 Draft...

1st- QB Andrew Luck (Peyton is likely gone, so Im getting more confident this is the pick and it wont be traded.)

-Indy trades DE Dwight Freeney to Buffalo for 2012, 2013 2nd round picks. (Buffalo is switching to the 4-3, so they need a dominant DE who is familiar with terrorizing Tom Brady.)

2nd- WR Mohamed Sanu (We get our WR to replace Wayne. Just imagine Luck with actual weapons at WR to throw to in Sanu, Garcon, and Collie.)

2nd(via trade)- NT Alameda Ta'amu (Pagano gets his NT to work with and develop. Ta'amu has only had a problem with being consistent with his play, so hopefully Pagano can get the best out of him.)

3rd- DT/DE Jared Crick (He is a pretty good value at the top of the 3rd, and would have been a 1st rounder had he not been injured this year. He could end up having a JJ Watt type of impact sharing time with Moala and Nevis at DE in the 3-4 and DT in the 4-3.)

4th- CB Casey Hayward (Falls a bit but is good value here. We need all the DB help we can get.)

4th(comp for Session)- TE Ladarius Green (We take a project here at TE but could end up being a Jermichael Finley with some work.I made this pick because I have us letting Tamme go.)

5th- SS Tavon Wilson (We get a sleeper safety here, and Im not sure he is the long term answer, but if not next year's safety class is looking good.)

Rest of draft - BPA

This looks good to me, but would Buffalo give that up for Freeney? He's on a big contract and is 31 years old now...would be interesting.

This looks good to me, but would Buffalo give that up for Freeney? He's on a big contract and is 31 years old now...would be interesting.

I dont think Freeney's contract is the issue when trading him. I have heard that his contract is easily extendable for his future team meaning he wouldnt have a cap hit of 19 mil wherever he goes when they extend him.

So with that not being a problem, I dont see why we couldnt get a couple of high 2nds for him or possibly a mid to late 1st for a guy who is still a top 5 pass rusher and has roughly 4 years left. He just doesnt fit our system anymore if we go 3-4/4-3 hybrid since I dont wanna pay him big bucks just to simply play 4-3 for us on certain downs. Mathis at least should be able to do both 3-4 and 4-3.

2012 Draft...

Rest of draft - BPA

I like it! Only thing is if Barron or Kirkpatrick falls to us in the 2nd we should take them instead of Sanu, but it's unlikely that either of them will drop.

So I give you an example of when a team waits to long to draft a QB and you give me examples of a team that had solid back-up(Green-Bay), a 6th round pick who only got his chance due to injury (Patriots), and a solid (and I use that word hesitantly) late round pick that would be average on any other team? I don't understand where you're coming from.

So I give you an example of when a team waits to long to draft a QB and you give me examples of a team that had solid back-up(Green-Bay), a 6th round pick who only got his chance due to injury (Patriots), and a solid (and I use that word hesitantly) late round pick that would be average on any other team? I don't understand where you're coming from.

Your analysis of this doesn't make very much sense. You didn't give me example, you gave me 3 teams that haven't been good in a while, and I gave you 3 teams that have been good for a while...

Or we could trade the #1 pick, you know, and wait till next year or the year after that and so on to draft a quarterback... lol.

The worst idea of the year award, congrats. Yeah, its a really great idea to pass up "the pick" of the decade to again pick #1 and get a lesser QB replacement for Peyton next year... Peyton isn't playing for us anymore, get over it.

The worst idea of the year award, congrats. Yeah, its a really great idea to pass up "the pick" of the decade to again pick #1 and get a lesser QB replacement for Peyton next year... Peyton isn't playing for us anymore, get over it.

You would say that with your username.

Do you know algrebra? It does not seem like it, as a bunch of Luck fans don't seem to know algebra.

The better the player, the higher the amount you would get in a trade...

You must be a Patriots fan, as it would be a horrible idea because the colts would get several talented players and defeat the Patriots even more. I can see your point now, it would be a horrible idea for New England.

Do you know algrebra? It does not seem like it, as a bunch of Luck fans don't seem to know algebra.

The better the player, the higher the amount you would get in a trade...

You must be a Patriots fan, as it would be a horrible idea because the colts would get several talented players and defeat the Patriots even more. I can see your point now, it would be a horrible idea for New England.

Nope. I am a REALISTIC Colts Fan. You know, the one that realizes 'when you know what' has hit the fan... and that it's time to move on. No sense in trading our 2012 Starting QB-- Andrew Luck. Get used to it, this is the new Colts.

Nope. I am a REALISTIC Colts Fan. You know, the one that realizes 'when you know what' has hit the fan... and that it's time to move on. No sense in trading our 2012 Starting QB-- Andrew Luck. Get used to it, this is the new Colts.

Really? a = b + c or something like that? You have to at least no a little algebra..

Andrew Luck = a

Trade return = b

a = b

a is directly proportional to b which means that as a increases, b increases and as a decreases, b decreases. Since Andrew Lucks value is very high, that means that the trade return value is very high.

It's just simple algebra.

Really? a = b + c or something like that? You have to at least no a little algebra..

Andrew Luck = a

Trade return = b

a = b

a is directly proportional to b which means that as a increases, b increases and as a decreases, b decreases. Since Andrew Lucks value is very high, that means that the trade return value is very high.

I was very good at algebra. I'm also pretty good at being right. I was never very good at grammar; However, i did notice you used "no" in place of "know" and forgot to put an apostrophe for "Luck's"... but then again, what do i "know". :lombardi:

Andrew Luck = a

Trade return = b

a = b

facepalm.jpg