Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jon Bostoc

atapcl

I know Pagano said you have to start somewhere in your depth chart but why Jon Bostic at ILB? Then I looked at some of Bostic's highlights. The man is big, strong, fast, and violent. I don't know why he never made a home at his other stops but our defense sure could use a dose of Ray Lewis mentality!

6 minutes ago, atapcl said:

I know Pagano said you have to start somewhere in your depth chart but why Jon Bostic at ILB? Then I looked at some of Bostic's highlights. The man is big, strong, fast, and violent. I don't know why he never made a home at his other stops but our defense sure could use a dose of Ray Lewis mentality!

I don't believe we need anybody thinking about murder on our team. 

7 minutes ago, atapcl said:

I believe it has been due to recurring injuries.

1 minute ago, J@son said:

I believe it has been due to recurring injuries.

I think that's correct.   Hodges is the same kind of player and he has yet to sign with a team.  Not sure if he had injury issues but he's only 26.  I'm looking forward to seeing where he signs.   Hopefully with us. 

Friend of mine at work who is a Bears fan told me that he hits hard when he does hit but he's only ok in run support and is terrible in pass coverage.

Remember what you are watching are highlights which is not a representative sample of their average play.  You don't generally get to see the lowlights.

If the guy misses 5 tackles but then nails one tackle really well and hits hard they are only going to show you that tackle he nailed hard.  You don't see the 5 missed tackles.  You also don't see him getting pushed around by linemen.  

Make no mistake.  He's competing for a roster spot.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I think that's correct.   Hodges is the same kind of player and he has yet to sign with a team.  Not sure if he had injury issues but he's only 26.  I'm looking forward to seeing where he signs.   Hopefully with us. 

Hodges put a tweet out alluding to his past off season issues, and how he's paying for them now.  He was warning the young guys coming into the league that dumb things you do hurt you in the pocket book.

I don't know if that's the issue with him now, that he's expecting more $$$ and teams are afraid he'll screw up?  I like that he realized his mistakes.  He' be a decent addition. 

Or it could be that the coaches just like how Morrison and Jackson are progressing?

I will make my opinion when the live play starts.   Saying we shouldn't make opinions off highlights makes sense.  However I don't think I'll be basing my judgement off what some random Bears fan says either.  Fans say a lot of incorrect stuff.

I'll wait until I see him for myself.

I still think Bostic will contribute more than a guy like Josh McNary did. McNary was a solid special teams guy. But Bostic can play special teams too. Maybe not as well. However, I fully expect Bostic to be light years better as a backup LB when compared to how terrible McNary was there.

In the end I am most excited to see what Spence can do w a full compliment of snaps and excited to see how Walker progresses throughout the year.

44 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Hodges put a tweet out alluding to his past off season issues, and how he's paying for them now.  He was warning the young guys coming into the league that dumb things you do hurt you in the pocket book.

I don't know if that's the issue with him now, that he's expecting more $$$ and teams are afraid he'll screw up?  I like that he realized his mistakes.  He' be a decent addition. 

Or it could be that the coaches just like how Morrison and Jackson are progressing?

As an ILB run defense and over the top screens will be his responsibility 

23 minutes ago, a06cc said:

"Ray wasn’t involved in the fight that killed the two men. His companions were. Lewis wanted no part of the fight, but not for some moral or noble reason. He wanted to avoid the conflict because he was concerned it might hurt his NFL career. Throughout the process, Lewis seemed consumed with protecting his then burgeoning NFL superstar status. He made them promise silence in the limo afterward and lied to police the morning after. He flipped on his buddies to avoid scrutiny."

^

This sounds extreamly shady to me.  The article makes I think sound like two of his "companions," killed two men out of self defense and Ray was attempting to temporarily cover it up.  I don't know about you but to me that sounds pretty extreme.  

My buddies A & B killed someone in self defense and then we rode off claiming secrecy??  I would think I would be an accessory.  I'm not a lawyer but it sounds like a pretty bad situation. 

16 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I hate to get into it, but that's just not true.  He may have not killed anyone but he knows what happened, hid evidence, lied to the police, and gave up a lot of money in civil settlements.  

Saying he had nothing to do with it is like saying OJ... well, I don't want to get into that either.  

Lets get get back to Colts talk bro!

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I hate to get into it, but that's just not true.  He may have not killed anyone but he knows what happened, hid evidence, lied to the police, and gave up a lot of money in civil settlements.  

Saying he had nothing to do with it is like saying OJ... well, I don't want to get into that either.  

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That's all I want to talk about is the Colts. Ray Lewis isn't a kill just like OJ. OJ was found not guilty. Don't blame them, blame the system.  The only one who can pass judgment in those circumstances is God though. 

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

No.     I think that's spectacularly generous.

First,   the guys were his friends,  his crew.  

Second,   he took a long time to negotiate his agreement with the DA and that hurt the case against his friends who all got off on the murder charge.     I blame Lewis in part for that.

Third,   Lewis' clothes that night were never recovered.    Whether there was blood on them is not known.   But I'm skeptical that he was not involved at all.

Fourth,   I don't think he's handled the victim's families appropriately since then.     He says the right things,  but he doesn't do the right things.     In other words,  he talks the talk,   but he doesn't walk the walk.

I just don't find Lewis credible on this issue....

9 hours ago, atapcl said:

It's May. Don't pay any attention to depth chart or who is "starting" where.

That said, it caught my ear that, the other day, Pagano mentioned every ILB except Sean Spence. Again, it's May so it probably doesn't mean anything, but he mentioned Bostic positively, and didn't say anything about Spence.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Second,   he took a long time to negotiate his agreement with the DA and that hurt the case against his friends who all got off on the murder charge.     I blame Lewis in part for that.

Third,   Lewis' clothes that night were never recovered.    Whether there was blood on them is not known.   But I'm skeptical that he was not involved at all.

Fourth,   I don't think he's handled the victim's families appropriately since then.     He says the right things,  but he doesn't do the right things.     In other words,  he talks the talk,   but he doesn't walk the walk.

I don't find it a coincidence that Ray found God when facing jail time either. Funny what a few placed millions of dollars can do.

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Court system says otherwise. Doesn't matter what you or I think though. In those situations only God knows. We need to be worried about our own sins before we worry about someone else's though. 

I think you'd have to believe that Bostic (if healthy) has way higher upside than Morrison or E.Jackson who ended the season as starters. So that could be part of the reasoning. But it's early and could also be nothing.

Right now I see Bostic and Walker or Morrison and Walker as your starting ILB combo. Bostic is fighting for a roster spot though.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:34 AM, lollygagger8 said:

1  Wasn't he acquitted ? Or did it get dropped ?

2 Yes. We need really good, and really mean, hard hitting guys with swag, in your face mentality, win at all cost mentality type players on this team, and that's what Lewis was. Win at all cost.

On 5/25/2017 at 10:34 AM, lollygagger8 said:

On 5/25/2017 at 4:17 PM, a06cc said:

On 5/25/2017 at 4:41 PM, Malakai432 said:

"Ray wasn’t involved in the fight that killed the two men. His companions were. Lewis wanted no part of the fight, but not for some moral or noble reason. He wanted to avoid the conflict because he was concerned it might hurt his NFL career. Throughout the process, Lewis seemed consumed with protecting his then burgeoning NFL superstar status. He made them promise silence in the limo afterward and lied to police the morning after. He flipped on his buddies to avoid scrutiny."

^

This sounds extreamly shady to me.  The article makes I think sound like two of his "companions," killed two men out of self defense and Ray was attempting to temporarily cover it up.  I don't know about you but to me that sounds pretty extreme.  

My buddies A & B killed someone in self defense and then we rode off claiming secrecy??  I would think I would be an accessory.  I'm not a lawyer but it sounds like a pretty bad situation. 

On 5/25/2017 at 8:28 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Ray Lewis isn't a Murderer nice Slander you got there.

On 5/25/2017 at 8:36 PM, Nesjan3 said:

thats just assinine

On 5/25/2017 at 9:18 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I don't find it a coincidence that Ray found God when facing jail time either. Funny what a few placed millions of dollars can do.

On 5/26/2017 at 4:25 PM, a06cc said:

Court system says otherwise. Doesn't matter what you or I think though. In those situations only God knows. We need to be worried about our own sins before we worry about someone else's though. 

9 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

1  Wasn't he acquitted ? Or did it get dropped ?

2 Yes. We need really good, and really mean, hard hitting guys with swag, in your face mentality, win at all cost mentality type players on this team, and that's what Lewis was. Win at all cost.

I may have "over-quoted" here, but I just wanted to make a quick point about Ray Lewis.

It's not our place to judge Ray Lewis as a person.  That has already been done in a court of our peers.  And any further judgment is out of our hands.  (If you disagree, then by all means, judge on)  But I will pray for him.  :beg:

As far as his football.  That man is THE gold standard for MLB/Defensive leader that you want on your team.  Even in his last year, he was injured, and still was effective in pass-coverage/as a run-stopper (check his last SB), and nobody can deny his abilities as a team-leader (again, check his last SB run).  I can't say if Baltimore has a single SB without him, and neither can you.  Regardless of how you feel about him as a person.

:clover:

18 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Every time i see the name Jon Bostic i think of saturday night live skit.  That guy the other guys brag about.  "Bill Blaskey" or something like that was the name

“He wears a live rattlesnake as a condom.”

“I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury.”

"So anyways, Brasky would put on a white tie and tails and walk his pet cobra through the park on a leash. He named the cobra "Beverly". And he taught it how to fetch and dial a phone. But then one day, it bit the maid. So with tears in his eyes, Brasky had to shoot the maid."

Classic Brasky...  :thmup:

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think you'd have to believe that Bostic (if healthy) has way higher upside than Morrison or E.Jackson who ended the season as starters. So that could be part of the reasoning. But it's early and could also be nothing.

Right now I see Bostic and Walker or Morrison and Walker as your starting ILB combo. Bostic is fighting for a roster spot though.

Our GM likes Bostic's upside. He was head of scouting for the Bears when they took him in the 2nd. 

I think you are forgetting Spence when talking about the starters at ILB. He's gotta be the favorite at Will. Then Bostic and Walker decide the Mike. I could see us starting Spence and Jackson if neither of those guys are ready. Unless Morrison can somehow move a lot better I'd be surprised to see him on the field. He will be lucky to make the roster 

Thumping linebackers always have fun highlights but there are real issues there in coverage for Bostic. Maybe he surprises and is a 2 down starter but that's his ceiling IMO, and I don't think he makes the 53.

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i concur

IMO they discuss and agree on every player that is brought on the roster.  That's how I'm reading the comments made by both of them.  And it makes perfect sense that they are on the same page.  Who plays is up to Chuck. 

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

dont be surprised if walker wins the job with spence. walker is gonna be a player just watch

I don't think Walker and Spence play the same position.

Walker plays the same position as Morrison --- the MIKE, or middle linebacker.

Spence plays the Will,  or the other inside linebacker.     I think he'll battle Jackson.

I'm not sure which inside backer spot Bostic plays....   we'll find out soon enough...