Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is the best player in the NFL at each position?

Lucky Colts Fan

QB:  Aaron Rodgers

HB:  Le'Veon Bell

FB:  I don't know

WR:  Antonio Brown

TE:  Gronk

T:  Joe Thomas

G:  Zach Martin

C:  Alex Mack

CB:  I want to say Marcus Peters...

FS:  Earl Thomas

SS:  Kam Chancellor

MLB:  Luke Keuchly

3-4 OLB/ 4-3 DE:  Khalil Mack

3-4 DT:  Snacks Harrison

3-4 DE/4-3 DT:  J.J. Watt or Ndamakung Suh

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

QB:  Aaron Rodgers

HB:  Le'Veon Bell

FB:  I don't know

WR:  Antonio Brown

TE:  Gronk

T:  Joe Thomas

G:  Zach Martin

C:  Alex Mack

CB:  I want to say Marcus Peters...

FS:  Earl Thomas

SS:  Kam Chancellor

MLB:  Luke Keuchly

3-4 OLB/ 4-3 DE:  Khalil Mack

3-4 DT:  Snacks Harrison

3-4 DE/4-3 DT:  J.J. Watt or Ndamakung Suh

Love your list other than 1lol I believe you chose peters for his turnover ability i like ;) last one tho between watt and suh take that "or" and scratch suhs name off its watt by a landslide haha 

4 minutes ago, will426 said:

Love your list other than 1lol I believe you chose peters for his turnover ability i like ;) last one tho between watt and suh take that "or" and scratch suhs name off its watt by a landslide haha 

I kept trying to think of the top CB, but Revis isn't elite anymore, and even Sherman has been exposed as a system-corner.

Harris from Denver is good, but our own Vontae Davis is just as good.  Norman is pretty good right now (and I friggin love his attitude), but I'm basically projecting Peters as the new "Primetime".  I mean, who has THAT kind of production in their rookie year, as a CB?!

Also, I think Watt is a premier interior rusher from the outside-out, whereas Suh is a premier rusher from the inside-in.  Meaning that Suh could play any position along the interior DLine, no matter the system, whereas Watt could play any position on the DLine except for the 3-4 DT (maybe, I don't know, I'm just a guy).  I hope that makes sense.

:thmup:   :clover:

49 minutes ago, will426 said:

Completely joking here, but I'm gonna let you tell Suh that he lost to Watt by a landslide...  To his face.

:lol:

I'm imagining Suh in the middle, Watt next to him on the DLine, and Mack rushing from the outside.

You have an OLine that can stop that, then you win.

:clover:

QB: Brady

HB: Bell

FB: Juszczyk  (all-around), DiMarco (pure run blocking)

WR: Antonio Brown

TE: Gronk

LT: Joe Thomas, HM: Tyron Smith

LG: Osemele

C: Frederick

RG: Yanda, HM: Martin

RT: This is a tough one.. Can't decide between Marcus Gilbert, Mitchell Schwartz and Ryan Schraeder.

NT: Damon Harrison

4-3 Base

DT: Aaron Donald

DE: Khalil Mack

MLB: Luke Kuechly

OLB: Sean Lee, HM: Jamie Collins, KJ Wright

3-4 Base

DE: Watt

OLB: Von Miller

ILB: Hightower or Mosley..

Outside CB: Trufant, Peterson, Sherman.. can't decide, lot of good options.

Slot CB: Harris Jr.

FS: Earl Thomas

SS: Eric Berry HM: Reshad Jones

11 hours ago, Finball said:

HB: Bell

FB: Juszczyk  (all-around), DiMarco (pure run blocking)

TE: Gronk

RT: This is a tough one.. Can't decide between Marcus Gilbert, Mitchell Schwartz and Ryan Schraeder.

NT: Damon Harrison

4-3 Base

DT: Aaron Donald

DE: Khalil Mack

MLB: Luke Kuechly

OLB: Sean Lee, HM: Jamie Collins, KJ Wright

3-4 Base

DE: Watt

OLB: Von Miller

ILB: Hightower or Mosley..

Outside CB: Trufant, Peterson, Sherman.. can't decide, lot of good options.

Slot CB: Harris Jr.

FS: Earl Thomas

SS: Eric Berry HM: Reshad Jones

#1 - Love the post.  Thank you.  I like how you broke it down.

#2 - 

Ew.  No.  Please fix this.  Anyone but him.  Please and thank you.  (I mean, you're probably right, but still, it hurts my eyeballs...)  :thmup:

#3 - What does the "HM" stand for?  I was able to deduce what you meant, but I'm still trying to figure out what it stands for.

#4 - 

I didn't differentiate between Right and Left Tackle/Guard/End/Whatever you want to call it because I (perhaps wrongly) assumed that an elite Tackle/Guard/End could play on either side of the ball and still be elite.  So Tyron Smith would be a better right tackle than Gilbert, Schwartz, or Schraeder.  I assume.  Just my opinion.

#5 - How do you feel about Kam Chancellor and Marcus Peters?  Are they at least a close 2nd to your picks?

13 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

#1 - Love the post.  Thank you.  I like how you broke it down.

#2 - 

Ew.  No.  Please fix this.  Anyone but him.  Please and thank you.  (I mean, you're probably right, but still, it hurts my eyeballs...)  :thmup:

#3 - What does the "HM" stand for?  I was able to deduce what you meant, but I'm still trying to figure out what it stands for.

#4 - 

I didn't differentiate between Right and Left Tackle/Guard/End/Whatever you want to call it because I (perhaps wrongly) assumed that an elite Tackle/Guard/End could play on either side of the ball and still be elite.  So Tyron Smith would be a better right tackle than Gilbert, Schwartz, or Schraeder.  I assume.  Just my opinion.

#5 - How do you feel about Kam Chancellor and Marcus Peters?  Are they at least a close 2nd to your picks?

HM: honorable mention.

Guards, I think, can usually play on both sides but prefer one side. Yanda spend a lot on LG this year but prefers RG, per his own words. Not sure as many tackles can do that. But Tyron Smith is such a freak that he probably could, even if it took a small adjustment period.

Chancellor would be 3rd on my SS list.

I avoided putting guys with short track record (1-2 years) on the list. That's why Landon Collins didn't end up on my SS list either. Peters has been as good ball hawks as any CB from day one but also got beat deep a bit too much on his rookie year. Last year he seemed to learn balancing between being aggressive on going for the ball and taking care of his man. Another year like that and he would be up there. CB and RT were the toughest because there is no Nnamdi or Revis-type who is clearly above other but lots of elite guys who are all very close to each other IMO.

I was bit surprised at the relativel poor talent at 3-4 ILB. I'm sure Kuechly would be able to play it at about as high level as anyone in the past but current 3-4 off ball LBs don't really come close to the likes of Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis and peak NaVorro Bowman. Weakest top-end talent in the NFL IMO.

Forgot, with Wade Phillips, Rams are switching to 3-4. Donald's role will probably stay pretty similar but he's not going to be 4-3 DT anymore. Donald had clear edge over other guys IMO but race for 2nd best was pretty tight. Suh, Atkins, Short and Cox all have solid case.

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: LeVeon Bell

TE: Gronk when healthy, Delanie Walker otherwise?

OT: Joe Thomas

OG: Kelechi Osemele

C: Alex Mack? Not sure.

NT: Snacks

DT: JJ Watt when healthy, Aaron Donald otherwise

Edge rusher: Khalil Mack and Von Miller are neck and neck

Linebacker- Luke Kuechly 

CB: Chris Harris Jr.

FS: Eric Weddle

SS: Harrison Smith

Just a quick list I threw together

On 5/23/2017 at 9:15 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

QB:

HB:

FB:

WR:

TE:

T:

G:

C:

CB:

FS:

SS:

The front-7 depends on scheme, so define those however you see fit.

QB Rodgers 

HB Bell

FB Idk

WR Julio Jones

TE Gronk

T Thomas

G Martin

C Fredrick 

CB Peters 

FS Berry 

SS Smith 

OLB Miller