Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTA's 5/23/2017

TKnight24

6 hours ago, bababooey said:

Sucks because that's a 3-4 month wait and now he might miss time.

Geather's surgery was in March.     Depending on when in March could be a factor...    but let's say it was late March and a 4 month rehab.      April, May, June and July puts him back Aug. 1 which would give him all of the pre-season.

I don't mean to be overly optimistic,  just saying that with what little we know,  there is some reason for optimism here that Geathers will be back soon enough.

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm feeling kind of shaky about Clayton.  Not sure if we'll have him at all this year.  If we do I'm not confident of how much.

Your concern is not unfounded.  anybody remember Delano Howell?  Neck injuries are not anything to underestimate.  These are not career threatening only, they are lifestyle altering.  Must be ultra careful.  Details of Geathers surgery are not known.  Single level discectomy could potentially recover in 4  months or so.  Then if cleared, must get basck in shape, then football shape. Multiple level is much more difficult to return.  This one is truly day by day, and timetable is completely unknown, fortunately  I feel for the guy..

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Geather's surgery was in March.     Depending on when in March could be a factor...    but let's say it was late March and a 4 month rehab.      April, May, June and July puts him back Aug. 1 which would give him all of the pre-season.

I don't mean to be overly optimistic,  just saying that with what little we know,  there is some reason for optimism here that Geathers will be back soon enough.

It's good to have a 'glass half full' story.  Ahmad Bradshaw had a C3-C4 and he was able to return after a period of time.  On the Flip side is Delano Howell.  You never know for sure when dealing with neck injuries / surgery. Positive attitudes and Hope certainly won't hurt the guy.

8 minutes ago, jseg18 said:

I wouldnt be surprised if he's our IR with designated to return. I'd prefer that route. That'll let us know how good TJ Green can be.

TJ Green had better have the best off-season/pre-season possible, because Ballard delivered on the promise of increased competition.  TJ has to prove he can at least be the backup to Geathers.  He is a gifted athlete, but there are football players ready to take his backup spot, probably for less money...