Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTA's 5/23/2017

TKnight24

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I'm feeling kind of shaky about Clayton.  Not sure if we'll have him at all this year.  If we do I'm not confident of how much.

I can see him starting the season on the IR and maybe playing mid-season.  As of right now if he is the only injury issue I can go with that.  I hope everyone else stays healthy and recovers for this season.

58 minutes ago, twfish said:

Won't be surprised at all if Ballard decides on him over tolzein

He seemed to slightly outperform Tolzein in the pre-season games last year.  But Tolzien had the guaranteed money on his contract.

That having been said, in the actual game against the Steelers, Tolzein did surprisingly well with the exception of the fact that he couldn't seem to get the ball into the endzone.  He drove us down the field really well, but when it came time to score, we couldn't do it. 

50 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm feeling kind of shaky about Clayton.  Not sure if we'll have him at all this year.  If we do I'm not confident of how much.

Same. Surgery almost 3 months ago and he's not healthy enough to practice in a t-shirt and shorts? With Luck I get it because he had surgery on his throwing shoulder, and it would be very easy to re-aggravate it, but the fact they're keeping Geathers on the sideline during non-contact work is a little worrisome.

14 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Same. Surgery almost 3 months ago and he's not healthy enough to practice in a t-shirt and shorts? With Luck I get it because he had surgery on his throwing shoulder, and it would be very easy to re-aggravate it, but the fact they're keeping Geathers on the sideline during non-contact work is a little worrisome.

I'm assuming it was a spinal fusion surgery. In that case it can sometimes take up to 90 days for the bone grafts to fully take and heal. Until then you really have to limit all movement. So I am not surprised. In hindsight he should have had it sooner after it happened.

7 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'm assuming it was a spinal fusion surgery. In that case it can sometimes take up to 90 days for the bone grafts to fully take and heal. Until then you really have to limit all movement. So I am not surprised. In hindsight he should have had it sooner after it happened.

From what I read team doctors expected that he wouldn't require surgery, then once it just wasn't responding, there wasn't really a choice.

10 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

From what I read team doctors expected that he wouldn't require surgery, then once it just wasn't responding, there wasn't really a choice.

Sucks because that's a 3-4 month wait and now he might miss time.

52 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

He seemed to slightly outperform Tolzein in the pre-season games last year.  But Tolzien had the guaranteed money on his contract.

That having been said, in the actual game against the Steelers, Tolzein did surprisingly well with the exception of the fact that he couldn't seem to get the ball into the endzone.  He drove us down the field really well, but when it came time to score, we couldn't do it. 

That is because he thought he was Andrew Luck with his bootlegs and (lack of) speed and size. Hence all those QB-keep plays went for nought by the goal line. That is where some better play calling by Chud could have helped Tolzien help himself.

Yeah, T.J.Green doesn't inspire confidence in anyone. I am guessing we are going with more 3 safety looks with 2 free safeties for coverage purposes. If your best play makers are Butler and Hooker in the safety department, I'd rather have both of them on the field at the same time.

How many guys do we have that can play the hybrid coverage LB/strong safety type of role? If Geathers continues to be out, that can become important as time goes on.