Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is #51 on NFL.com Top-100....

NewColtsFan

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty good ranking, a lot better than last years #92. Great stuff. I had a feeling he would be around 50 but you never know about these lists. He was actually 7th 2 years ago on this list.

A little low but better than last year for sure.

Kinda feel like this year's analysis of players are a little lackluster. It also upset me that they used the same highlight from T.Y's top 100 video. The throw that should have been featured was the one he lobbed to Moncrief at the opposite sideline while being sacked.

Oh well. 

20 minutes ago, BPindy said:

Realistically he's top 50 but people are still holding on to that terrible 2015 season. He'll keep rising 

Yea, I would say it's pretty delusional to say that Andrew Luck is not a top 50 player in the NFL, but it is what it is.

3 hours ago, BPindy said:

Realistically he's top 50 but people are still holding on to that terrible 2015 season. He'll keep rising 

Yet Cam Newton is ranked higher than him this year and Cam was downright putrid in 2016. Luck should be rated in the 30's IMO and he should not be behind Mariota, Newton, Stafford to name a few.

26 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yet Cam Newton is ranked higher than him this year and Cam was downright putrid in 2016. Luck should be rated in the 30's IMO and he should not be behind Mariota, Newton, Stafford to name a few.

Hopefully, he will reclaim his top 10 position after this year. For that to happen he may have to win MVP. A tall order but IMO even with an improved D he will still have to be stellar. Which i am a believer that 2015 was an anomaly and his 2016 season has been under rated by the pundits.

4 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I watched the segment last night on NFL Network.  I enjoyed all of it.  I didn't like the fact that Ike Taylor complained about Luck being 51.  He thought he should be much higher, I am not sure how he could think that but it's all good. 

Just another example of lazy assumptions. He sees the Colts went 8-8, therefore Andrew Luck was bad. I doubt he even watched him play last season.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty good ranking, a lot better than last years #92. Great stuff. I had a feeling he would be around 50 but you never know about these lists. He was actually 7th 2 years ago on this list.

To be fair he didn't deserve to be on the list at all last year.  His 2015 season was rotten.  Yes it was because of injury but he still played terrible. 

I think this is a little low.  I think he's more top 30.  But it's not a big deal.  

1 hour ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

Stop paying attention to that bias list. Players around the league haven't respected the colts in years but that'll change soon. Andrew will skyrocket 

He will skyrocket when the Colts start getting more wins I think.  

Remember after his 2014 season he was ranked #7.  But that year the Colts went to the AFC Championship game.

The list is biased but a lot of it, especially when QB's are concerned is based on how well the team did.  

16 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

To be fair he didn't deserve to be on the list at all last year.  His 2015 season was rotten.  Yes it was because of injury but he still played terrible. 

I think this is a little low.  I think he's more top 30.  But it's not a big deal.  

I agree. The rankings are heavily influenced by team wins and team success and even players, being humans, continue to pin the wins and losses on a QB indirectly via the rankings, IMO.

2 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Just another example of lazy assumptions. He sees the Colts went 8-8, therefore Andrew Luck was bad. I doubt he even watched him play last season.

I totally agree.  He had 30+ TD's over 4100 yards and had the 4th best QBR in the league and played 15 games. 

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree. The rankings are heavily influenced by team wins and team success and even players, being humans, continue to pin the wins and losses on a QB indirectly via the rankings, IMO.

The idea of a players only list sounds good, but when you think about it, an NFL team only plays 13 different teams in a season.  So ultimately if the players are pulled evenly from across all of the NFL teams, over half of the players who are voting on it, never played against your team this year.  

So what are they left with?  The same stuff the fans are left with.  Team wins, reputation, stats.  And in fact it may be worse then fans because while fans are busy actually watching the games, the players on the other hand are kind of busy on Sunday playing someone else.  So in a sense they may in fact be less informed then the fans.

And that's doesn't even take into account the fact that offensive players don't play against other offensive players.  

So if you are looking at players who actually played against a specific player on the field at the same time this year, it's not a very large percentage.  Maybe 20 to 30% at most. 

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

He will skyrocket when the Colts start getting more wins I think.  

Remember after his 2014 season he was ranked #7.  But that year the Colts went to the AFC Championship game.

The list is biased but a lot of it, especially when QB's are concerned is based on how well the team did.  

Yeah exactly. It's like nobody reads between the lines these days everyone associates how good a qb is by that ring count and totally throw defense wins championships out the window. Now that we're building a defense if the team performs better there's no reason Andrew won't be top 20 for years and years. Maybe top ten but I digress. 

Ranking him 51 is a joke --- like there are 50 other players in the NFL you'd rather have than Luck. 

There seems to be sort of an anti-Luck backlash going on in the sports media right now. Stephen A Smith arguing Luck hasn't "lived up to the hype," and other articles suggesting similar things. I actually saw David Carr on the NFL network last night arguing that he would take Jamis Winston over Luck right now --- C'mon! Please!!!

Luck took the Colts to an AFC championship game with not a LOT of talent with him. I think there have been only 8 quarterbacks in the HISTORY of the NFL to throw for 40 or more TDs in a season. Luck is one of them --- and he's only been in the league for 5 years. 

If we can just keep him from being Bert Jones II, he'll be one of the best ever.

8 minutes ago, Gigc said:

Ranking him 51 is a joke --- like there are 50 other players in the NFL you'd rather have than Luck. 

There seems to be sort of an anti-Luck backlash going on in the sports media right now. Stephen A Smith arguing Luck hasn't "lived up to the hype," and other articles suggesting similar things. I actually saw David Carr on the NFL network last night arguing that he would take Jamis Winston over Luck right now --- C'mon! Please!!!

Luck took the Colts to an AFC championship game with not a LOT of talent with him. I think there have been only 8 quarterbacks in the HISTORY of the NFL to throw for 40 or more TDs in a season. Luck is one of them --- and he's only been in the league for 5 years. 

If we can just keep him from being Bert Jones II, he'll be one of the best ever.

One thing to keep in mind. The majority of forum members pay little attention to what Smith or pretty much any member of the media has to say about the Colts.

The Colts have taken a lot of negative attitudes every since we supposedly blew the whistle on golden boy Brady.

There has also been an almost hate issue between Wilbon of ESPN aimed at Jim Irsay where Wilbon has compared Jim to his father Bob. That started long before the issues with the Patriots started.

I wouldn't put too much into what the media has to say about the Colts. All that is subject to change with wins.

In my biased opinion, Luck should be WAY higher, but it is what it is.  Past individual success and current team success play a big part in where individual players get ranked on this list.  

Guarantee Brady is #1, even though the SB was a TEAM accomplishment.  Matt Ryan should be considered the top QB from last year, which should make him #1 by default (which he would be had they just run the ball and won the SB).  Luck and Brees should be right behind him.

The joke is that Newton is higher than Luck (I assume) considering he bested Cam in every conceivable measurable last year.  I guess bias is a two-way street...  :(

19 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

In my biased opinion, Luck should be WAY higher, but it is what it is.  Past individual success and current team success play a big part in where individual players get ranked on this list.  

Guarantee Brady is #1, even though the SB was a TEAM accomplishment.  Matt Ryan should be considered the top QB from last year, which should make him #1 by default (which he would be had they just run the ball and won the SB).  Luck and Brees should be right behind him.

The joke is that Newton is higher than Luck (I assume) considering he bested Cam in every conceivable measurable last year.  I guess bias is a two-way street...  :(

Yeah if it's based off last year going into this year, how is Cam Newton higher than Luck? That makes no sense. Reason why Luck went from #7 in 2015 to #92 last season was because he was injured and struggled is the excuse the NFL Network gave.

I also like how a defender said "With Andrew, you got a chance."  While another defender talked about how hard he is to bring down.

As a Colts fan, yeah, we know we always have a chance.  We've been watching it since his rookie year, when we weren't supposed to win $H!+.  But we did win.  A lot.  Everyone forgets 3 straight 11-5 seasons when we were supposed to be "rebuilding".

Andrew is the key, we just need to put the rest of the puzzle together.  Enter Chris Ballard...

:thmup:  :clover:

5 hours ago, Gigc said:

Bert Jones was the man....I still consider him one of the best QB's ever to play the game. 

1 minute ago, bleevit said:

Number 51 means every team in the league had a better player and 20 of them have 2 better players. Doubt it.

Maybe you don't understand how this works.  Not every team has equal representation on this list.  It's based on the biased opinion of the players.  It's mostly players from the "winning" teams as well as the elite talent trapped on "losing" teams.

There will probably be at least one team that didn't have a single player make the list.  Cleveland, SF, Detroit, and Jacksonville have yet to see one of their players on this list.

We're halfway through the list, so by your logic, every team should have had a player by now...  Does not compute...

:dunno:

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Maybe you don't understand how this works.  Not every team has equal representation on this list.  It's based on the biased opinion of the players.  It's mostly players from the "winning" teams as well as the elite talent trapped on "losing" teams.

There will probably be at least one team that didn't have a single player make the list.  Cleveland, SF, Detroit, and Jacksonville have yet to see one of their players on this list.

We're halfway through the list, so by your logic, every team should have had a player by now...  Does not compute...

:dunno:

I understand the voting system perfectly. I am simply saying 51 statistically is too high for a player the caliber of Andrew Luck. I require no assistance, thank you.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:45 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I also like how a defender said "With Andrew, you got a chance."  While another defender talked about how hard he is to bring down.

As a Colts fan, yeah, we know we always have a chance.  We've been watching it since his rookie year, when we weren't supposed to win $H!+.  But we did win.  A lot.  Everyone forgets 3 straight 11-5 seasons when we were supposed to be "rebuilding".

Andrew is the key, we just need to put the rest of the puzzle together.  Enter Chris Ballard...

:thmup:  :clover:

Andrew up to this point has had a Good Career. Hopefully it turns into Very Good to Great. He has had 3 11-5's, a lot of comeback wins, and a Title Game Appearance. This season coming up is going to be real interesting.

That silly list is about as meaningful as a vote for Prom Queen. If any NFL GM had to build a brand new team from scratch, starting with any one player currently on an NFL roster, that player would be Andrew Luck. OK, make that anyone but the Browns. They'd still screw it up. 

16 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

That silly list is about as meaningful as a vote for Prom Queen. If any NFL GM had to build a brand new team from scratch, starting with any one player currently on an NFL roster, that player would be Andrew Luck. OK, make that anyone but the Browns. They'd still screw it up. 

I bet you'd get a few that would say Cam, A few that would take Carr, maybe one for Winston, but I agree the MAJORITY would probably choose Luck.