Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

...apparently Paul George told Pritchard he was 'a Pacer for this year' on Thursday at a charity softball game..

..and then his agent told Pritchard he was out after 2018....2 days later..

....Those two positions are not mutually exclusive but Paul should have told Pritchard what he was going to do Thursday face to face ..

kinda blindsided him

9 hours ago, MTC said:

So Pacers have four rookies on their roster:

PF TJ Leaf (1st round pick)

PF/C Ike Anigbogu (2nd round pick)

PG Edmund Sumner (2nd round pick)

PF Ben Moore (UDFA - partial guarantee) 

Along with Joe Young and Georges Niang, our summer league roster may be pretty good.

Looks good

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

...apparently Paul George told Pritchard he was 'a Pacer for this year' on Thursday at a charity softball game..

....Those two positions are not mutually exclusive but Paul should have told Pritchard what he was going to do Thursday face to face ..

kinda blindsided him

Uggh 

Chris Paul opting out means he's probably going to San Antonio...

...which means LaMarcus Aldridge has to go somewhere because he's making $21mil and the Spurs cant afford him and Paul..

If the Spurs would take Monta Ellis contact, I'd like to have Aldridge

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Chris Paul opting out means he's probably going to San Antonio...

...which means LaMarcus Aldridge has to go somewhere because he's making $21mil and the Spurs cant afford him and Paul..

If the Spurs would take Monta Ellis contact, I'd like to have Aldridge

The Clippers are falling no apart

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Let's face it, basketball died in the late 90s. It's all flash now a days, too many fouls called for the littlest crap etc 

I definitely can.......nnn......nnnnoooooot disagree, you are 100% right.  It's garbage now. 

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:01 PM, oldunclemark said:

kinda blindsided him

A punch to the gut was how it was said to be by Pritchard.

Bird sure left Pritchard a total mess.

None of this is surprising to me about how the NBA direction is going. None of this is ever going to change as long as there is not a hard cap and the NBA gets paid for super stars getting put on the same teams.

This started years ago with the Celtics. They always had the best teams money could buy and then when the cap come in they invented what is called the Larry Bird exception. Then the NBA seen the chance to cash in by letting teams pay them for going over the cap. Then the owners were getting paid by high dollar TV deals and couldn't care less about putting winners on the court as long as they were making money.

Now the NBA is made popular by fans who really are not interested in watching basketball played in it's original form. All they want now is highlight dunks and three pointers. Defense has been lost forever right along with traditional basketball. Sad for those who remember the real basketball.

On 6/23/2017 at 9:55 PM, oldunclemark said:

They have offers..we just haven't taken one..

Friday night's rumor is that if Boston signs Hayward when Free agency begins in July, Paul George will join him and sign a multi year deal.

..we would get Crowder, Avery Bradley and Jayson Tatum.

But Hayward has not yet opted out of his contract

I think that is all B.S. Tbh. They wouldn't even trade their number 3 pick to us, let alone their pick, Bradley, and Crowder. But if we got that deal, I'd be ecstatic. We could have Lance play point and sign Millsap to almost max and be competitive. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:02 PM, csmopar said:

Let's face it, basketball died in the late 90s. It's all flash now a days, too many fouls called for the littlest crap etc 

I was lucky enough to grow up in the 80's and watch that decade. Back then you had 4 Great Teams mainly built through the Draft and through Trades. So anything could happen in the Lakers/Celtics/Sixers/Pistons and the Rockets were even borderline great. Rockets actually beat the Lakers in 1981 and 1986 in the Playoffs. The 1984 Draft was incredible as well with guys like Jordan, Hakeem, Barkley, and Stockton coming out. The Lakers back then were just a joy to watch with their fastbreak, it was entertainment besides just being a sport. It wasn't built up as a 1 man league back then either like it is for LeBron today as you had Magic/Bird/ Kareem/Dr J/Isiah/Moses/and eventually Jordan and Hakeem getting all the same pub. Now days you have the best players on teams leaving to join each other to form SuperTeams like LeBron has and Durant just did. I have been watching Basketball since the late 70's and I have never seen a Conference like the Eastern Conference be such a sad sack of garbage over a long period of time. It has literally sucked as a whole ever since LeBron joined Miami in 2011. The Pacers had a strong team in 2013 and 2014 but once the Celtics lost in the 2010 Finals and outside of the Pacers for a brief moment, it has been all LeBron going on 8  seasons now and a bunch of garbage to keep it politely.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I think that is all B.S. Tbh. They wouldn't even trade their number 3 pick to us, let alone their pick, Bradley, and Crowder. But if we got that deal, I'd be ecstatic. We could have Lance play point and sign Millsap to almost max and be competitive. 

I'm not gonna lie. I like your possible outcome. Get Bradley, Crowder and Tatum for PG. Possibly sign Millsap and the starting unit wouldn't be bad. Bradley, Tatum, Millsap and Turner would be starters

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm not gonna lie. I like your possible outcome. Get Bradley, Crowder and Tatum for PG. Possibly sign Millsap and the starting unit wouldn't be bad. Bradley, Tatum, Millsap and Turner would be starters

At this point I would take Bradley and Tatum for PG. Tatum could very well be the next great SF in 2 or 3 years and Bradley is a Good player. It would be better than getting Randle and Clarkson. I have said all along dealing with Boston is probably our best way to go because they need PG to get by Cleveland for 1, and for 2 Ainge and Stevens both probably think they can talk PG into staying long term on a team playing with Thomas, Horford, Smart, Olynyk, and Crowder. I think it's a win for both teams if you believe in Tatum for us and if you think PG is enough to get Boston by Cleveland. Boston would have the same team as last season except -Bradley +PG, that is definitely an improvement alone. If we did that deal and lets say we don't even re-sign Teague, our lineup would be Lance, Bradley, Tatum, Young, Turner and who knows Leaf may be a decent rookie off the bench? It would be Turner's team and usually by year 3 a lot of players break out and have All-Star type numbers that are any good. Hell, Tatum might be the steal in the Draft for all we know, nobody thought Kawhi Leonard or PG would be who they are coming out.

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At this point I would take Bradley and Tatum for PG. Tatum could very well be the next great SF in 2 or 3 years and Bradley is a Good player. It would be better than getting Randle and Clarkson. I have said all along dealing with Boston is probably our best way to go because they need PG to get by Cleveland for 1, and for 2 Ainge and Stevens both probably think they can talk PG into staying long term on a team playing with Thomas, Horford, Smart, Olynyk, and Crowder. I think it's a win for both teams if you believe in Tatum for us and if you think PG is enough to get Boston by Cleveland. Boston would have the same team as last season except -Bradley +PG, that is definitely an improvement alone. If we did that deal and lets say we don't even re-sign Teague, our lineup would be Lance, Bradley, Tatum, Young, Turner and who knows Leaf may be a decent rookie off the bench? It would be Turner's team and usually by year 3 a lot of players break out and have All-Star type numbers that are any good. Hell, Tatum might be the steal in the Draft for all we know, nobody thought Kawhi Leonard or PG would be who they are coming out.

Yeah I originally thought the Lakers but I'm warming up to the Celtics now. There was only one player I wanted from the Lakers and that was Brandon Ingram. Celtics have Bradley, Crowder and Smart. Definitely better pieces from a Celtics deal. And possibly Tatum too? Sign me up. He's a natural born scorer. That's what the Pacers need

17 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

could we really have Lance play the point?

I love Lance...but starting at the point?  30 minutes a game?

If Teague wants $20 mil a year, we may see it.

But Lance can be crazy with the ball. I dont know. 

6 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah I originally thought the Lakers but I'm warming up to the Celtics now. There was only one player I wanted from the Lakers and that was Brandon Ingram. Celtics have Bradley, Crowder and Smart. Definitely better pieces from a Celtics deal. And possibly Tatum too? Sign me up. He's a natural born scorer. That's what the Pacers need

If the Celtics sign Gordon Hayward..a trade for Paul would force them to include salaries.....

......Avery Bradley would be the first and Crowder would be next.

It could happen and we'd accept it......Bradley and Crowder are only 27..

We'd be competitive

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm reading that Teague may be looking for $18 to $20 mil

..and he wont get that from us..not multi years at age 29..with Paul George gone

too bad because he wants to play here and he's solid (for about $12- $15 mil)

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm reading that Teague may be looking for $18 to $20 mil

..and he wont get that from us..not multi years at age 29..with Paul George gone

too bad because he wants to play here and he's solid (for about $12- $15 mil)

Maybe he will give us a hometown discount

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No Paul stays in the conference and the division 

you're right....

I just think if he goes to Boston and resigns..he's in our conference for 4 years.

If he goes to Cleveland, odds are, he;s still going to LA in 2018

But again, what would we get from Denver?

The story says Cavs would also get power forward Kenneth Faried

I'm guessing we'd get future draft picks and a shooting guard Will Barton, who is at the end of his contract and has declined a player option....

6-foot-6...good shooter...fills a need for us

But we'd probably get Denver's No,.1 for 2018..just guessing

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The story says Cavs would also get power forward Kenneth Faried

I'm guessing we'd get future draft picks and a shooting guard Will Barton, who is at the end of his contract and has declined a player option....

6-foot-6...good shooter...fills a need for us

But we'd probably get Denver's No,.1 for 2018..just guessing

Does Cleveland have enough cap space to pick up 2 players while only losing one

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Does Cleveland have enough cap space to pick up 2 players while only losing one

They don't....but they don't mind going over the salary cap....

......and somebody like Iman Shumpert might come to the Pacers

If it was Will Barton, Shumpert and Denver's 2018 No. 1 (which could be in the Top-10)

.....that might be the best we can get out of those 3 teams.

Cavs have traded lots of their future draft choices and they really don't have any young players to send us who can play at all

......PG is going....Jeff Teague is unsigned...CJ Miles has opted out of his contract

..we need to put together an offense

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They don't....but they don't mind going over the salary cap....

......and somebody like Iman Shumpert might come to the Pacers

If it was Will Barton, Shumpert and Denver's 2018 No. 1 (which could be in the Top-10)

.....that might be the best we can get out of those 3 teams.

Cavs have traded lots of their future draft choices and they really don't have any young players to send us who can play at all

......PG is going....Jeff Teague is unsigned...CJ Miles has opted out of his contract

..we need to put together an offense

Yeah they're just going to be very bad next year anyways.  So if they can get the 2018 from the Nuggets and just hope they suck, Pacers will probably suck so maybe next year they will have 2x high first rounders.

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

It still pains me that Gary Harris didn't go to IU. Damn Tom Crean. But yeah I'd like that addition

He's signed for next year but then he's a free agent..

.....Obviously, we'd like one of their better players ...who's from Indiana..

...scores about 13 a game..42% on 3s

Fills a need..

He might like to come 'home' but why would they trade him....with a year left at $3 mil

More likely we'd get Emmanuel Mudiay...6-foot-5 point guard....not a great shooter but still young

....He'll be 22 in the winter.....averages 11....

signed for the next 2 years  club option for '18-'19

,......early 20s with 2 years experience...they seem to have a lot of guards