Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I would offer him 3 years at about $36 mil and see what he says...

Boston can match any offer but they've got some high end salaries on the books already

To get him would be 2 wins in 1. We get a Good player that knows Boston inside and out and we take him away from a team that is Very Good.

• Thanks 1

Here's a crazy sounding one..

….Al Jefferson, Bogan Bodgonavic and Myles Turner for Kyrie Irving

Boston has Al Horford at $30 mil and Gordon Hayward at $30 plus longterm .

Do they want to pay Kyrie $30 mil?....when they have Rozier behind him and other young guys they have to pay??>

Irving only has  a year left on his deal but so does Myles.

Gordon Hayward makes $30, $31 and $34 the next 3 years..

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Here's a crazy sounding one..

….Al Jefferson, Bogan Bodgonavic and Myles Turner for Kyrie Irving

Boston has Al Horford at $30 mil and Gordon Hayward at $20 mil.

Do they want to pay Kyrie $30 mil?....when they have Rozier behind him and other young guys they have to pay??>

Irving only has  a year left on his deal but so does Myles.

Al Horford makes $32 mil next year

Kyrie is still pretty young but he is injury prone. When healthy he is a Top 15 player in the league. I like the Kemba Walker trade you proposed with Zeller.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kyrie is still pretty young but he is injury prone. When healthy he is a Top 15 player in the league. I like the Kemba Walker trade you proposed with Zeller.

Charlotte wants to get rid of that long Zeller contract...but I think he'd love to play in Indiana so that part makes sense......He's a decent backup center..not a scorer at all  but he sets a good screen and he hustles.

I know I sound like I want to trade Myles Turner. I don't.

But next year is the 4th year of his 4-year rookie deal.....only an option year  after that

..we have to decide if he's a big bucks guy and if he is...then we have to decide if sabonis is a big bucks guy.....We cant keep both of them and pay both $15-$20 mil unless they play effectively together..

Of all the guys available..Walker might be the best fit. Coilison is a good guy but if we had Walker, we will have seen the last of the double team defenses against Victor Oladipo

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

They want to get rid of that long Zeller contract...but I think he'd love to play in Indiana so that part makes sense......He's a decent backup center..not a scorer at all  but he sets a good screen and he hustles.

I know I sound like I want to trade Myles Turner. I don't.

But next year is the 4th year f his 4-year rookie deal.....

..we have to decide if he's a big bucks guy and if he is...then we have to decide if sabonis is a big bucks guy.....We cant keep both of them and pay both $15-$20 mil unless they play effectively together..

Of all the guys available..Walker might be the best fit. Coilison is a good guy but if we had Walker, we will have seen the last of the double team defenses against Victor Oladipo

I like Collison but Walker is definitely the better player. I like Turner too, I am 50/50 on the Turner thing on what to do with him. He is a Good player, I get he is probably our best trading chip because we now have Sabonis at least so I get the different trade scenario's.

..is if fair to assume that Thad Young has not signed his option year deal because we are investigating free agent possibilities.?

The rules, as I understand them are: We can go over the salary cap only if we are signing our own players.

So if we wish to sign a free agent or two..we have to do that first..and THEN resign Thad.

We cannot do that the other way around.

so what I'm hoping is: Thad is very willing to stay..but we have asked him to hold off until after the free agency period ….in case we find someone who wants to come to Indy

..is if fair to assume that Thad Young has not signed his option year deal because we are investigating free agent possibilities.?

The rules, as I understand them are: We can go over the salary cap only if we are signing our own players.

So if we wish to sign a free agent or two..we have to do that first..and THEN resign Thad.

We cannot do that the other way around.

so what I'm hoping is: Thad is very willing to stay..but we have asked him to hold off until after the free agency period ….in case we find someone who wants to come to Indy

I think that is correct regarding the Cap rules. Man I would hate to lose Thad. He does a lot of the dirty work that goes unnoticed. He had some big Offensive Rebounds against the Cavs and was real physical against Love in that series.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best series of the whole Playoffs was us vs Cavs IMO. That had a bunch of close games.

Of the teams that lost..I would guess the Pacers and Boston have to be the most optimistic.

I keep talking about acquisitions but we got almost nothing out of Glenn Robinson and TJ Leaf.

the players we need to get to 54-55 wins may already be in the organization....

If Glenn could make 38-40% on 3s, he would rule the world

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 11:15 PM, oldunclemark said:

would the Pacers have been swept by Golden State?

Nope we swept the warriors in the regular season we played them with KD both times curry wouldn't have made enough of a difference for us to get swept like the worthless Cavs 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Nope we swept the warriors in the regular season we played them with KD both times curry wouldn't have made enough of a difference for us to get swept like the worthless Cavs 

I agree, I think we would've at least won 1 if not 2 games. We were a team that didn't roll over very easily and responded to losses very well.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

They'd want Al Jefferson because they can release him and gain cap space

Truth be told..they'd probably want Myles Turner in that deal

..I'd do that (Myles, Bogan, Big Al for Love) if they'd switch draft spots with us...they have '8' and we have '23'

Yeah let's trade our young big for a injury prone kevin love I'd punch Pritchard in the face 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah let's trade our young big for a injury prone kevin love I'd punch Pritchard in the face 

Love is 17 and 10.....he's less 'injury prone' than Myles is.

I'd love the 8th pick in the draft, too.

.. you do understand..we cant keep both Sabonis and Turner long term because they both play th same position on defense

You do accept that, right?

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Love is 17 and 10.....he's less 'injury prone' than Myles is.

I'd love the 8th pick in the draft, too.

.. you do understand..we cant keep both Sabonis and Turner long term because they both play th same position on defense

You do accept that, right?

Then you let sabonis go Turner is still the better player I'm sick of everyone shoving him out the damn door hes a better defender and a better shooter and if they keep working on his strength he will be even better sorry I'm not trading off our 22 year old lottery pick 

I have no idea where you get love isn't injury prone hes hurt all the time myles had on bad injury this year 

18 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Then you let sabonis go Turner is still the better player I'm sick of everyone shoving him out the damn door hes a better defender and a better shooter and if they keep working on his strength he will be even better sorry I'm not trading off our 22 year old lottery pick 

sabonis was a lottery pick too.  hes a better rebounder, passer and post offensive player. 

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

sabonis was a lottery pick too.  hes a better rebounder, passer and post offensive player. 

All things Turner can learn easier than sabonis can learn to be a better shooter and rim protector I'll roll with Turner who as I said is the better player end of story the Turner hate is stupid and all of you that feel that way are fools 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

All things Turner can learn easier than sabonis can learn to be a better shooter and rim protector I'll roll with Turner who as I said is the better player end of story the Turner hate is stupid and all of you that feel that way are fools 

i think you are over rating myles

saboins has almost the same 3 point % as him, the only turner is really good at is rim defense 

39 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think you are over rating myles

saboins has almost the same 3 point % as him, the only turner is really good at is rim defense 

No our fan base doesn't respect Turner it's funny how highly everyone talks about him yet our fanbase wont stop talking crap about him