Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

LeBron to Houston would need some Morey magic (getting rid of Anderson contract), probably some type of discount from LeBron/Paul and/or Cleveland willing to 'help them', as in trading LeBron there. LeBron can't simply sign there as FA if they want to keep Paul and Capela too. And CP3 is probably crucial in making LeBron to Houston work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finball said:

LeBron to Houston would need some Morey magic (getting rid of Anderson contract), probably some type of discount from LeBron/Paul and/or Cleveland willing to 'help them', as in trading LeBron there. LeBron can't simply sign there as FA if they want to keep Paul and Capela too. And CP3 is probably crucial in making LeBron to Houston work.

Yep...they made the CP3 thing work last year...sign and trade deal. But it would require CP3, Lebron, and likely Capela to take less then max money. It would take some MAJOR cap juggling to do it. It is theoretically possible and we've seen Lebron take less before...and I would imagine Paul might as well. The difference between Houston and Cleveland is Houston has some VERY nice pieces on it. Guys that other teams could make work. PJ Tucker and Eric Gordon in particular are guys that I think they could move pretty easily. They have enough value in themselves that maybe...just maybe you could move Ryan Anderson with one of them plus a draft pick to a team with cap space or one with an expiring deal that you could then cut and amnesty and spread out the cap hit. Anderson is definitely the problem trying to move him. I think they could land Lebron but I don't see how if they keep Capela. Their draft picks aren't good enough to get a team to take on Anderson's contract I would think....but if they could convince say a team to do a sign and trade of Capela for a high draft pick...then package that pick with Anderson then things get interesting. I just don't see how you move Anderson without some high pick attached. Tucker and Gordon I think have enough value you could move whether that is a 3 team deal or straight up and get say a 2nd rd pick or something if your just salary dumping. I certainly wouldn't mind Gordon at all and Tucker is a great glue guy..he is older but his contract is very very affordable...basically MLE level there. Question then becomes...are you better tearing the team down so you can have CP3, Lebron, and Harden plus a bunch of minimum contract guys or are you better bring back what you have...minus a couple free agents like Ariza and Moute. Personally I take Lebron and try to figure it out. You have a tiny window with CP3 at his age...and your going to lose some major contributors to this team in Ariza and Moute anyways...just to bring back Capela. You know you will recoup your dollars win or lose with Lebron. I say swing for the fences....it would be a lot of moving parts but Morey got it done last offseason getting Paul in a sign and trade with Clippers. Morey I think is the one GM that could probably get a deal done...but that team would be very different.

Here is a crazy off the wall idea...what if Lebron convinces PG and Chris Paul that they all take a little less money and head to LA? LA has an issue of moving Luol Dengs contract but what if they threw in one of Lonzo Ball, Kuzma, or Brandon Ingram?? Would that suddenly get some teams interested? With Deng off their books they could theoretically pay each close to 28-30 million depending on which player went out in the deal. With Paul and Lebron on your team that certainly would make Ball expendable...besides they have Josh Hart that didn't play half bad to back up Paul and limit his minutes. I would think you would want to surround Paul and Lebron with as many shooters as possible and Kuzma and Ingram qualify as that to say nothing of PG13. Then you could finish off the team with bigs that can defend the rim and rebound. I know Paul liked playing in Houston but what if Lebron pulled the same thing he did in Miami to get the 3 to join up in LA?? Magic would be smiling all the way to the bank. 

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Here is a crazy off the wall idea...what if Lebron convinces PG and Chris Paul that they all take a little less money and head to LA? LA has an issue of moving Luol Dengs contract but what if they threw in one of Lonzo Ball, Kuzma, or Brandon Ingram?? Would that suddenly get some teams interested? With Deng off their books they could theoretically pay each close to 28-30 million depending on which player went out in the deal. With Paul and Lebron on your team that certainly would make Ball expendable...besides they have Josh Hart that didn't play half bad to back up Paul and limit his minutes. I would think you would want to surround Paul and Lebron with as many shooters as possible and Kuzma and Ingram qualify as that to say nothing of PG13. Then you could finish off the team with bigs that can defend the rim and rebound. I know Paul liked playing in Houston but what if Lebron pulled the same thing he did in Miami to get the 3 to join up in LA?? Magic would be smiling all the way to the bank. 

Not out of the question for sure.  All though I don't think CP3 would go to LA, I think he's staying in Houston.  I agree with you though, wherever LeBron decides to go(or stay) he will make sure he has 1-2 other superstars to play with, just like he did with Miami in 2010 and Cleveland in 2014.  LA might be a good bet, Houston could be(but it'd be really difficult money wise for the Rockets to pull it off) or the 76ers might be a good bet.  If the Cavs could hypothetically trade Love, sign DeMarcus Cousins and trade the 8th pick with assets for a Kawai Leonard, maybe LeBron stays?  He's going to make sure the proper pieces are there though. 

• Like 1

Curry is finally having a Finals performance up to his standards. Series was over before it began. Warriors can’t be beaten four times in 7 games. It’s impossible with the firepower that team possesses. Also, as we saw last night, if Steph plays up to his standards, Warriors are on a completely different level than they already are in the first place. He makes that team go from great to unbeatable. He’s unreal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I used to have the belief that Lebron would end up out West at some point in his career, but to be honest no matter who he takes with him, they aren't beating GS. He's not leaving the East. Lebron really doesn't have much in the way of him getting to the Finals here in the East due to the fact no one wants to come this way and play with the exception of Boston, but they have a pretty full roster as it is. If he goes West he'll probably never see the finals again, let alone win one, and to be honest it couldn't happen to a better guy. His retirement can't come quick enough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I used to have the belief that Lebron would end up out West at some point in his career, but to be honest no matter who he takes with him, they aren't beating GS. He's not leaving the East. Lebron really doesn't have much in the way of him getting to the Finals here in the East due to the fact no one wants to come this way and play with the exception of Boston, but they have a pretty full roster as it is. If he goes West he'll probably never see the finals again, let alone win one, and to be honest it couldn't happen to a better guy. His retirement can't come quick enough.

LOL, yeah I am definitely tired of seeing him in the Finals every year. He has been a thorn in the Pacers side for years. I was talking to a friend of mine today and he called LeBron the KING of Silver. I had never heard that one before. I didn't even catch on at first until I realized that Silver means 2nd place. Funniest thing I have heard in a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LOL, yeah I am definitely tired of seeing him in the Finals every year. He has been a thorn in the Pacers side for years. I was talking to a friend of mine today and he called LeBron the KING of Silver. I had never heard that one before. I didn't even catch on at first until I realized that Silver means 2nd place. Funniest thing I have heard in a while.

He'll always be a paper champ in my opinion. As much of a die hard Pacer fan I am (since the early 80's), I've seen greatness and it sure isn't that dude up in Cleveland.

They've softened and tailored the game for the guy and he still can't win. As I said, and it's just my opinion, but the NBA will be a better product when he's gone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He'll always be a paper champ in my opinion. As much of a die hard Pacer fan I am (since the early 80's), I've seen greatness and it sure isn't that dude up in Cleveland.

They've softened and tailored the game for the guy and he still can't win. As I said, and it's just my opinion, but the NBA will be a better product when he's gone.

Yeah I know you have read my Posts on here and you know how I feel about him regarding the GOAT argument. I have at least Jordan, Magic, and Kareem ahead of him. To me the 80's and 90's were just better era's. That is just my opinion. I think LeBron is Great but I see him more in the category with guys like Bird, Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan. This era is definitely different. It is more about the 3 Ball more than anything (Warriors, Rockets, etc.) and the league has softened up the game. What I mean by softened is, anything rough now is a Flagrant Foul. I don't think the Pistons of 1989 and 1990 would be very effective under these rules, half their team would be kicked out of games. If LeBron went up against a team like that under 1989 rules, he would have trouble getting through a game without being banged up. They let players get away with everything back then. 

• Like 1

If I’m GS I would love to watch Nance and Green and Hood try to out shoot me. Lebron differing will only get you so far. Cavs were hot early but the percentages always come back in the end. GS right there if they just stay out or foul trouble.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It’s  like the refs are trying to make up for all the missed calls in the last two games in the first quarter. Wow I hope this isn’t how the officiating will go this series.

I would hope the NBA seriously  looks at the officiating in the entire playoffs.

Too much contact allowed in the lane..and too much protecting the 3-point shooter

If you want to 'protect the shooter'...protect the guy driving the lane and shooting.

Or..just allow contact after the shot...but the league needs to make up their minds.

The flopping on 3-balls is out of control

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

OMG..LBJ called for the charge..refs talk about it and change the call..

3 fouls on Steph...……..the refs have to be checked...you cant be talked out of a call

weak refs

I think Lebron gets fouled a lot...but when he lowers his shoulder and displaces guys with his body just because he is bigger and stronger shouldn’t  be allowed either. Guy is in a legal guarding position and you just jump into him pushing him out of his legal position he has established. I don’t like that. We’ve seen a lot of homer refs in these playoffs. I hate that. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I think Lebron gets fouled a lot...but when he lowers his shoulder and displaces guys with his body just because he is bigger and stronger shouldn’t  be allowed either. Guy is in a legal guarding position and you just jump into him pushing him out of his legal position he has established. I don’t like that. We’ve seen a lot of homer refs in these playoffs. I hate that. 

I ask the same question about players that I do refs.

Same game..same players.. call it differerntly depending on where they  are.

Grown men.

I've never understood it

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Maybe...Lue sure don’t know how to use him. Should have been playing a long time ago.

Don't blame the coach..

They did and he was bad..then he refused to go in a game/

I would never have played him again

But I'll take him on the Pacers next year..

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know 6 points isn't nothing to the Warriors. Steph cant play any worse.

Its not so much him being bad..they are using the 'Victor' double team defense on him to make him give it up.

Cavs are daring Klay and Durant to beat them

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Don't blame the coach..

They did and he was bad..then he refused to go in a game/

I would never have played him again

But I'll take him on the Pacers next year..

They were playing him scrub minutes. This guy was avg like 19 pts a game in Utah. You want meaningful play you need to play meaningful minutes.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

When Durant takes a lot of 2-point shots….GSW becomes beatable..

Its misleading..GSW is 7 of 22 on 3s

92-91..7:30 left

If he wasnt hitting all those 2s and they were taking 3s they would be getting blow not out. Only thing keeping them in it.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

They were playing him scrub minutes. This guy was avg like 19 pts a game in Utah. You want meaningful play you need to play meaningful minutes.

No, he wanst good..They like him..they;d have played him if he was

Blame Hood, not the coach