Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

22 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just hoping the rockets and celtics can pull off wins and move on haven't watched any of the games cause I'm still * off that the Pacers got screwed lol

Yeah I am still upset that the Pacers got screwed as well. It should be us in this situation with Boston. I have still watched but mainly bits and parts of games. I would like to see Rockets/Celtics too but I have a feeling without CP3 the Warriors will win the next 2 games. I am actually rolling with the Celtics in Game 7 though, they are Great on their Homecourt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Kevin Love is out for Game 7 Sunday night in Boston  (concussion)

Yeah tough break for them. They still might win because you never know when someone like Korver or JR will step up and hit 4 or 5 3's a piece. They always do it when needed. Having said that, nobody even brings up the fact that Boston doesn't have their 2 best players in Kyrie and Hayward. Most of the media picked the Bucks to beat Boston :banana:. Remember when you said you were hoping we would end up in Boston's bracket so we would have it easy. Almost everyone was saying it, now the theme is Boston has the better team in this series LOL, yeah OK. LeBron is the 2nd Greatest Player of all-time by his fans and most of the media so he shouldn't  lose to a team without its 2 best players and only 1 All-Star who is Al freakin Horford LOL. Jason Tatum is a damn rookie, if the Cavs lose this series it is embarrassing IMO. I buy losing to the Warriors even Jordan, Magic, and Kareem would have trouble against them but I am not buying losing to the Celtics without their 2 best players and Rookie's/young guys. Remember most people picked the Bucks to beat Boston and nobody picked Boston to beat Philly.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah tough break for them. They still might win because you never know when someone like Korver or JR will step up and hit 4 or 5 3's a piece. They always do it when needed. Having said that, nobody even brings up the fact that Boston doesn't have their 2 best players in Kyrie and Hayward. Most of the media picked the Bucks to beat Boston :banana:. Remember when you said you were hoping we would end up in Boston's bracket so we would have it easy. Almost everyone was saying it, now the theme is Boston has the better team in this series LOL, yeah OK. LeBron is the 2nd Greatest Player of all-time by his fans and most of the media so he shouldn't  lose to a team without its 2 best players and only 1 All-Star who is Al freakin Horford LOL. Jason Tatum is a damn rookie, if the Cavs lose this series it is embarrassing IMO. I buy losing to the Warriors even Jordan, Magic, and Kareem would have trouble against them but I am not buying losing to the Celtics without their 2 best players and Rookie's/young guys. Remember most people picked the Bucks to beat Boston and nobody picked Boston to beat Philly.

I see your back to the narrative to set Lebron up for failure again. If he doesn’t do this he isn’t that great. Oh well at least your consistent. Was you saying when Magic lost to the Rockets with the great team he had I don’t hear you dogging him for that disappointment. Lebron is like avg 35-40 pts dozen rebounds and 8-10 assist and his second best player has a concussion and his starting sg is putting up goose eggs in the scoring column. I mean he is depending on George freakin Hill to help him try to win....His running mates are Not very good man...but it is Lebrons fault. Got it. Carry on.

I think people are under selling the Celtics. Ainge has put together a great group of young players. After Lebron Celtics have next 4 maybe 5 best players on the court. I might even take a couple off the bench before taking anyone outside Kevin Love to be on my team from the Cavs. What is scary is what they can be next year if everyone is healthy. Wow!

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I see your back to the narrative to set Lebron up for failure again. If he doesn’t do this he isn’t that great. Oh well at least your consistent. Was you saying when Magic lost to the Rockets with the great team he had I don’t hear you dogging him for that disappointment. Lebron is like avg 35-40 pts dozen rebounds and 8-10 assist and his second best player has a concussion and his starting sg is putting up goose eggs in the scoring column. I mean he is depending on George freakin Hill to help him try to win....His running mates are Not very good man...but it is Lebrons fault. Got it. Carry on.

I see as usual you will defend him at no cost LOL. When the Lakers lost to Houston they had Olajuwon and Sampson. Olajuwon is arguably a Top 10 player of all-time and when Sampson was healthy he was a beast. Magic didn't lose to a team he had no business losing too. His other losses were to Bird, DRJ and Moses, Pistons who went back to back, and Jordan.

-"If he doesn't do this he isn't that great". I never said he wasn't great, I just don't think he is better than the guys I have mentioned over and over. LeBron could lose to the Bucks and you would find an excuse to Defend it like a few others in here. Carry on.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see as usual you will defend at no cost LOL. When the Lakers lost to Houston they had Olajuwon and Sampson. Olajuwon is arguably a Top 10 player of all-time and when Sampson was healthy he was a beast. Magic didn't lose to a team he had no business losing too. His other losses were to Bird, DRJ and Moses, Pistons who went back to back, and Jordan.

-"If he doesn't do this he isn't that great". I never said he wasn't great, I just don't think he is better than the guys I have mentioned over and over. LeBron could lose to the Bucks and you would find an excuse to Defend it like a few others in here. Carry on.

Houston was a good team...but not a better team then the Lakers. That was a huge upset man and you know it! Lakers were still an all time great team and coming off a championship winning in Boston. They had no business losing to those Rockets! Look who Magic had on that roster and they lost. Lebron has NOTHING...let’s be real here...especially with Love out but he is carrying his team....carrying them! That’s not even a 30 win team without him. So if Lebron goes for 40 and they lose its his fault...because that is very likely to happen. Boston is younger more athletic and better coached. They are more balanced...the only reason it’s a series is because of Lebron. But I’m sure if Lebron wins you won’t give him any credit....because Boston isn’t any good according to you. I wish I didn’t have to support Lebron on here...but it’s clear he won’t get a fair shake. He has carried this team all season and playoffs...just swept the best team in the East and now down his only decent player on his roster but he will be a disappointment if he loses tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Houston was a good team...but not a better team then the Lakers. That was a huge upset man and you know it! Lakers were still an all time great team and coming off a championship winning in Boston. They had no business losing to those Rockets! Look who Magic had on that roster and they lost. Lebron has NOTHING...let’s be real here...especially with Love out but he is carrying his team....carrying them! That’s not even a 30 win team without him. So if Lebron goes for 40 and they lose its his fault...because that is very likely to happen. Boston is younger more athletic and better coached. They are more balanced...the only reason it’s a series is because of Lebron. But I’m sure if Lebron wins you won’t give him any credit....because Boston isn’t any good according to you. I wish I didn’t have to support Lebron on here...but it’s clear he won’t get a fair shake. He has carried this team all season and playoffs...just swept the best team in the East and now down his only decent player on his roster but he will be a disappointment if he loses tomorrow.

Yes it was an upset, I was surprised the Lakers lost, that was the 1 year when Magic was healthy the Lakers didn't make the Finals. They made it 8 times in 10 years, in 81 Magic wasn't healthy when they missed. Let me ask you this, do you think these Celtics are better than the 1986 Rockets? That Rockets team would destroy that team IMO. The Celtics don't have anyone close to Olajuwon.

So how disappointing would it be on Curry and Durant’s legacy to lose to Houston? I mean compared to what Lebron has they are loaded...I think Houston is a very very talented team and built to defend Durant but that would still be a way bigger upset in my mind.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So how disappointing would it be on Curry and Durant’s legacy to lose to Houston? I mean compared to what Lebron has they are loaded...I think Houston is a very very talented team and built to defend Durant but that would still be a way bigger upset in my mind.

It depends on who you ask

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The thing is nobody comes on daily shows like ESPN, NBA Channel, and that show with Nick Wright saying Curry and Durant is the GOAT. They do with LeBron 24/7. I am shocked you aren't sick of it and you seem very knowledgeable. So how does LeBron just leap frog players like Magic and Kareem and even Kobe overnight to where it is just him and Jordan in the GOAT convo according to the media? LeBron and Bird are pretty equal to me. All Top 10 players but I just find it odd how LeBron leaps frog everyone except for Jordan and people just buy it because they hear it 24/7.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If Houston beats the Warriors it would be an upset but how can you not acknowledge if the Cavs lose to the Celtics it isn't an upset either? Nobody even picked the Celtics to be here. Houston won 65 games and has the MVP in Harden.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The thing is nobody comes on daily shows like ESPN, NBA Channel, and that show with Nick Wright saying Curry and Durant is the GOAT. They do with LeBron 24/7. I am shocked you aren't sick of it and you seem very knowledgeable. So how does LeBron just leap frog players like Magic and Kareem and even Kobe overnight to where it is just him and Jordan in the GOAT convo according to the media? LeBron and Bird are pretty equal to me. All Top 10 players but I just find it odd how LeBron leaps frog everyone except for Jordan and people just buy it because they hear 24/7.

One reason might be Magic and Larry had HoF caliber players with them for most of the big years and Lebron has not

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Houston beats the Warriors it would be an upset but how can you not acknowledge if the Cavs lose to the Celtics it isn't an upset either? Nobody even picked the Celtics to be here. Houston won 65 games and has the MVP in Harden.

Agreed the Celtics over the Cavs would be bigger 

The Celtics have made this playoff run with little to no participation from one of their top assistants 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

One reason might be Magic and Larry had HoF caliber players for most of the big years and Lebrun has not

LeBron played with Wade, Bosh, and Allen for 2 years in Miami, 4 years with Wade and Bosh - all are HOFamers or will be. In Cleveland he has had Kyrie and Love, Kyrie will be a HOFamer and Love actually has HOFame numbers.

LeBron played with Wade, Bosh, and Allen for 2 years in Miami, 4 years with Wade and Bosh - all are HOFamers. In Cleveland he has had Kyrie and Love, Kyrie will be a HOFamer and Love actually has HOFame numbers.

No one is a HoF until they get there 

There have been many a player who had HoF numbers who are sitting outside for multiple reasons

10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

One reason might be Magic and Larry had HoF caliber players for most of the big years and Lebrun has not

This doesn't pertain to you but some others:

I have eased off my LeBron criticism for a couple of weeks because everytime I criticize him I just get called a hater on this Thread. I get accused of not thinking he's Great or something. That is just absurd. I just point out other players have been better. I swear I think some of these people live in Cleveland when I say anything at all bad about him LOL.

I actually edited my Post and said they will be and they will IMO. Wade will be 1st ballot.

In a lot of people’s eyes Wade is the only true HoF LJ has played for not to mention that he has often the  been the face of the franchise 

IMO

There is not a GOAT in any sport because you cannot compare greats from different times

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have eased off my LeBron criticism for a couple of weeks because everytime I criticize him I just get called a hater on this Thread. I get accused of not thinking he's Great or something. That is just absurd. I just point out other players have been better. I swear I think some of these people live in Cleveland when I say anything at all bad about him LOL.

See my post above about how I feel about GOATs but I lose interest and/or struggle to follow any sports that rely on a multiple game playoff format

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In a lot of people’s eyes Wade is the only true HoF LJ has played for not to mention that he has often the  been the face of the franchise 

IMO

There is not a GOAT in any sport because you cannot compare greats from different times

Ray Allen will make it easily as well. Maybe not 1st ballot but 2nd like Reggie did.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The thing is nobody comes on daily shows like ESPN, NBA Channel, and that show with Nick Wright saying Curry and Durant is the GOAT. They do with LeBron 24/7. I am shocked you aren't sick of it and you seem very knowledgeable. So how does LeBron just leap frog players like Magic and Kareem and even Kobe overnight to where it is just him and Jordan in the GOAT convo according to the media? LeBron and Bird are pretty equal to me. All Top 10 players but I just find it odd how LeBron leaps frog everyone except for Jordan and people just buy it because they hear it 24/7.

That’s your problem...you watch and listen to crap. I don’t watch those shows and don’t care their opinions. I do visit this board so I’m used to hearing so dumb stuff...that said you constantly comparing Lebron to the work of others in the past and denigrating all he keeps accomplishing seems as bad as what you claim ESPN is doing. Like your mission in life is to take him down a few pegs from where others are putting him to make things better. Why not worry a little less about what they say and appreciate how great he is playing. I don’t care about Magic and Bird etc I watched all their games and appreciated all Jordan’s greatness. I don’t remember anyone constantly comparing them to anyone but their contemporaries. All I am trying to do is to say slow down with the mission to put Lebron in his proper place in history and enjoy the once in a generation talent and performances he is putting on. I hated Michael...I hated he kept beating my favorite team...And EVERYONE loved him...24/7 love on all the channels and people and yet I never thought necessary to try to lesson his accomplishments or say anything but how he constantly impressed me. I wish he would lose but knew and appreciated he wouldn’t. It’s how I feel about Lebron...and I enjoy watching games without having to worry about if he is going to do. Just appreciating it...hope you do too.

That’s your problem...you watch and listen to crap. I don’t watch those shows and don’t care their opinions. I do visit this board so I’m used to hearing so dumb stuff...that said you constantly comparing Lebron to the work of others in the past and denigrating all he keeps accomplishing seems as bad as what you claim ESPN is doing. Like your mission in life is to take him down a few pegs from where others are putting him to make things better. Why not worry a little less about what they say and appreciate how great he is playing. I don’t care about Magic and Bird etc I watched all their games and appreciated all Jordan’s greatness. I don’t remember anyone constantly comparing them to anyone but their contemporaries. All I am trying to do is to say slow down with the mission to put Lebron in his proper place in history and enjoy the once in a generation talent and performances he is putting on. I hated Michael...I hated he kept beating my favorite team...And EVERYONE loved him...24/7 love on all the channels and people and yet I never thought necessary to try to lesson his accomplishments or say anything but how he constantly impressed me. I wish he would lose but knew and appreciated he wouldn’t. It’s how I feel about Lebron...and I enjoy watching games without having to worry about if he is going to do. Just appreciating it...hope you do too.

That's fair enough. I hated Michael Jordan more than I hate LeBron and I have him #1. He prevented Reggie from winning a Ring. I am very unbiased when I rank players. When you say I should put LeBron in his proper place, so if I have LeBron 7th all-time for example and not 2nd like you do is that being a hater? I have said over and over LeBron is around that area but because I don't I have him 2nd, some people act like I hate the guy. If the Cavs lose to the Celtics tomorrow, I am not going to get on here and say LeBron isn't a Top 10 player ever and he sucks BLAH BLAH - that is Trolling and being a fool not thinking LeBron isn't one of the best ever. I do think he shouldn't lose to that team though. JMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's fair enough. I hated Michael Jordan more than I hate LeBron and I have him #1. He prevented Reggie from winning a Ring. I am very unbiased when I rank players. When you say I should put LeBron in his proper place, so if I have LeBron 7th all-time for example and not 2nd like you do is that being a hater? I have said over and over LeBron is around that area but because I don't I have him 2nd, some people act like I hate the guy. If the Cavs lose to the Celtics tomorrow, I am not going to get on here and say LeBron isn't a Top 10 player ever and he sucks BLAH BLAH - that is Trolling and being a fool not thinking LeBron isn't one of the best ever. I do think he shouldn't lose to that team though. JMO

I guess I am in trouble because he is not on a list for me

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It isn’t that...but calling out Lebron for what he is doing right now...it’s like saying Tom Brady lost the SB for the Pats. He has done as much as he can do to help his team win. What would you like to see him do more? This isn’t losing to the Mavs...he is working with house money at this point...it’s amazing he drug them this far.

• Like 1

It isn’t that...but calling out Lebron for what he is doing right now...it’s like saying Tom Brady lost the SB for the Pats. He has done as much as he can do to help his team win. What would you like to see him do more? This isn’t losing to the Mavs...he is working with house money at this point...it’s amazing he drug them this far.

And

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That’s fine. Your post about how he should never lose to these Celtics etc had me thinking you were back to criticizing. Difference between Lebron and most others you have ahead of him is his teams have been perineal under dogs in championships. I appreciate your knowledge of the game I don’t question it. Differences make good conversation. Sometimes I just think your Lebron hate gets the best of your judgement. I mean Vegas has them losing Sunday...so why is it a tragedy if they do actually lose?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That’s fine. Your post about how he should never lose to these Celtics etc had me thinking you were back to criticizing. Difference between Lebron and most others you have ahead of him is his teams have been perineal under dogs in championships. I appreciate your knowledge of the game I don’t question it. Differences make good conversation. Sometimes I just think your Lebron hate gets the best of your judgement. I mean Vegas has them losing Sunday...so why is it a tragedy if they do actually lose?

The other big difference is that the other greats did not live in the FA era and had their success with one team

It is ridiculous to try and that Magic, Bird, and Jordan were  also fans because the had Kareem, McHale, and Pippen with them

Did you ever think that I do hold LeBron to a higher standard today than everyone else. So when he loses it's shocking. I hold him to the Jordan's, Magic's, Bird's, Kareem's standards. Maybe that is my fault, back in the day when Jordan, Magic or Bird lost I was ripping them too lmao. LeBron is that Great.

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I guess I am in trouble because he is not on a list for me

I don’t have a list but he is the best since he came into the league. Outside his attitude he plays the game exactly how you dream to teach a kid.