Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

98-94....final..Houston up 3-2....way too many turnovers…for GSW

…...but they cant win without Chris Paul..and he looks like he's hurt bad..

Harden 5 of 21.....wow

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here it is, 96-94 Rockets and Warriors ball with 7 seconds left!

Cant give the ball to Draymond..where was Durant??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

98-94....final..Houston up 3-2....way too many turnovers…for GSW

…...but they cant win without Chris Paul..and he looks like he's hurt bad..

Harden 5 of 21.....wow

Cant give the ball to Draymond..where was Durant??

CP3's injury is gigantic if he cant go the rest of the series, I agree. Warriors will win Games 6 and 7 if he cant play. Not sure yet how bad his injury is?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Draymond..12 points..16 rebounds...6 turnovers

..but he shouldn't be given the ball at the end like that. He was shocked to get it

Yeah I don't get it either, strange. I still think the Warriors will win Game 6, if CP3 is out they will win Game 7 as well. If CP3 plays in Game 7 then it's 50/50 IMO.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I don't get it either, strange. I still think the Warriors will win Game 6, if CP3 is out they will win Game 7 as well. If CP3 plays in Game 7 then it's 50/50 IMO.

Of the 5 guys on the floor..Draymond was the last guy you wanted because they can foul him.

I don't know where Durant was.....he was not in the front court at all

35 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Of the 5 guys on the floor..Draymond was the last guy you wanted because they can foul him.

I don't know where Durant was.....he was not in the front court at all

I would love to see Celtics/Rockets. It would be something different and great for the NBA. Great to me anyway. LeBron making 8 straight Finals and Warriors making 4 straight is getting a bit stale. I get it, most people think LeBron is the best thing since sliced bread and the 2nd best player ever. Most People love the Warriors because they have an All-Star team and Durant vs LeBron is always fun but I want to see something new. Unless you are a LeBron lover or a Warriors fan, how could you not root for the Celts and Rockets with the Pacers out of it anyway? I do love it when the Cavs lose because when they lose, the media always says LeBron doesn't have enough help. When they win they say his supporting cast is the best in the East :funny:. I remember when the Cavs played the Magic in the 2009 ECFinals, ESPN was saying the Cavs had one of the best teams ever going into that series. They were 66-16 and 8-0 in the Playoffs at that point. Then Dwight Howard and a bunch of 3 point shooters beat the Cavs who had HCA, then the media said LeBron didn't have enough help. They went from best team ever to LeBron not having any help. That has been the theme for 10 years with him. Actually last years Cavs team was better than this Rockets team and apparently James Harden has enough help to at least go 7 with the Warriors and they may beat the Warriors. LeBron had Kyrie and Love + Korver. Harden has CP3 who is equal to Kyrie, last years Love is better than Capela. LeBron is better than Harden.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see Celtics/Rockets. It would be something different and great for the NBA. Great to me anyway. LeBron making 8 straight Finals and Warriors making 4 straight is getting a bit stale. I get it, most people think LeBron is the best thing since sliced bread and the 2nd best player ever. Most People love the Warriors because they have an All-Star team and Durant vs LeBron is always fun but I want to see something new. Unless you are a LeBron lover or a Warriors fan, how could you not root for the Celts and Rockets with the Pacers out of it anyway? I do love it when the Cavs lose because when they lose, the media always says LeBron doesn't have enough help. When they win they say his supporting cast is the best in the East :funny:. I remember when the Cavs played the Magic in the 2009 ECFinals, ESPN was saying the Cavs had one of the best teams ever going into that series. They were 66-16 and 8-0 in the Playoffs at that point. Then Dwight Howard and a bunch of 3 point shooters beat the Cavs who had HCA, then the media said LeBron didn't have enough help. They went from best team ever to LeBron not having any help. That has been the theme for 10 years with him. Actually last years Cavs team was better than this Rockets team and apparently James Harden has enough help to at least go 7 with the Warriors and they may beat the Warriors. LeBron had Kyrie and Love + Korver. Harden has CP3 who is equal to Kyrie, last years Love is better than Capela. LeBron is better than Harden.

The Rockets Defense is real though.. GS gets NOTHING easy.. there are all right there. Love, Kyrie, and Korver all suck Capela, Tucker (the Lebron stopper) and Gordon are very good defensively in this round at least.

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

..am I allowed to say that Victor Oladipo isn't even the best defensive guard on the Pacers..?

So how was he 1st team All-D???

How is he not? Plus he lead the nba in steals should definitely be on all D 1st team 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

How is he not? Plus he lead the nba in steals should definitely be on all D 1st team 

Steals are not necessarily good defense. Paul George was 2nd in steals...and he's not listed on the all-D teams

We all said right here that Cory Joseph was our defensive stopper. He guarded the other teams best guard

Joseph didn't start games but he finished them because he was such a good perimeter defender

I;m not saying Cory should have been on the all-D teams.

I'm just saying Im shocked Vic was.

We know 's not a great defender..we watch him every night. WE all said it many times

Edited by oldunclemark

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The Rockets Defense is real though.. GS gets NOTHING easy.. there are all right there. Love, Kyrie, and Korver all suck Capela, Tucker (the Lebron stopper) and Gordon are very good defensively in this round at least.

I don't know? I think last years Cavs could beat this years Rockets. The combo of LeBron and Kyrie is better than Harden/CP3 IMO. Last years Love Rebounds just as well as Capela and was a better Scorer. I will agree the Rockets play better Defense so it would've been a great series that we will never see. This Cavs team has no chance against this Rockets if that is the matchup, no Kyrie no dice.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know? I think last years Cavs could beat this years Rockets. The combo of LeBron and Kyrie is better than Harden/CP3 IMO. Last years Love Rebounds just as well as Capela and was a better Scorer. I will agree the Rockets play better Defense so it would've been a great series that we will never see. This Cavs team has no chance against this Rockets if that is the matchup, no Kyrie no dice.

Oh yeah, last years Cavs offense is probably better than these Rockets. But the defense was nowhere close. Everyone says you can't get into a track meet with GS you WILL lose. The Rockets tried. Now they are dribbling the air out of the ball and playing hard defense, something those Cavs couldn't do, they tried to get into a track meet.

But you're completely right. Cavs or Celtics don't stand a chance. If the Rockets make it they will clean sweep both teams they way they have played in this WCF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oh yeah, last years Cavs offense is probably better than these Rockets. But the defense was nowhere close. Everyone says you can't get into a track meet with GS you WILL lose. The Rockets tried. Now they are dribbling the air out of the ball and playing hard defense, something those Cavs couldn't do, they tried to get into a track meet.

But you're completely right. Cavs or Celtics don't stand a chance. If the Rockets make it they will clean sweep both teams they way they have played in this WCF

If CP3 is out, Warriors will probably win in 7. Not sure yet about his status.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If CP3 is out, Warriors will probably win in 7. Not sure yet about his status.

Definitely, the Rockets were only playing 7 as it is.. CP3 has been huge this series. And if Dre comes back you're adding a wing defender and loser a ball handler. Not a good combo for them. Good think Houston squeeked out game 4 and 5 

• Like 2

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Definitely, the Rockets were only playing 7 as it is.. CP3 has been huge this series. And if Dre comes back you're adding a wing defender and loser a ball handler. Not a good combo for them. Good think Houston squeeked out game 4 and 5 

As strange as it sounds the Warriors are actually still in a good situation. CP3 may not play and GS still have Game 6 in Oakland. That series is still 50/50 to me because of the CP3 situation + Iggy should be back too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Steals are not necessarily good defense. Paul George was 2nd in steals...and he's not listed on the all-D teams

We all said right here that Cory Joseph was our defensive stopper. He guarded the other teams best guard

Joseph didn't start games but he finished them because he was such a good perimeter defender

I;m not saying Cory should have been on the all-D teams.

I'm just saying Im shocked Vic was.

We know 's not a great defender..we watch him every night. WE all said it many times

No you guys said that I sure as hell didn't 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As strange as it sounds the Warriors are actually still in a good situation. CP3 may not play and GS still have Game 6 in Oakland. That series is still 50/50 to me because of the CP3 situation + Iggy should be back too.

Yeah exactly,

They just need to get the curry draymond pick and roll going and open up spacing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No you guys said that I sure as hell didn't 

Joseph is a great Defensive stopper (which I have Posted in the past) but I have never said he is a better Defender than Oladipo either. I already Posted last night to Mark that he doesn't play near the minutes that Dipo does to be considered a better Defender. If Dipo only played 20 minutes a game and was only asked to shut someone down and not score, he would be the best Defensive player in the league. Dipo led the league in Steals and Deflections, he deserves to be 1st Team All-Defense IMO. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have little doubt the Warriors wont win Game 6. Game 7 not sure? CP3's health is huge.

I am with you, but if CP3 is good to go, the Rockets will be favored.  The Warriors look like a shell of themselves.  I am pulling for the Warriors, but I'd be more than ok with Rockets/Celtics Finals.  I am nervous the Cavs will win the next 2 and if CP3 isn't 100% healthy I could see the Cavs matching up better with the Rockets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am with you, but if CP3 is good to go, the Rockets will be favored.  The Warriors look like a shell of themselves.  I am pulling for the Warriors, but I'd be more than ok with Rockets/Celtics Finals.  I am nervous the Cavs will win the next 2 and if CP3 isn't 100% healthy I could see the Cavs matching up better with the Rockets. 

I still think the Warriors will win in 7. I know teams that win Game 5 usually go on to win but this feels different for some reason. Rockets got every break in Games 4 and 5 down the stretch and now CP3 is gimpy. I doubt he plays in Game 6 from what Stephen A. is saying. The Rockets will put all their marbles into a Game 7 but they don't know how to win Championships like the Warriors do. This series is starting to remind of the Lakers/Kings in 2002. Kings were up 3-2 with HCA as well but LA knew how to win Championships, Kings didn't. People can say Game 6 was rigged but Game 7 definitely wasn't and the Kings still lost Game 7 at home because they couldn't make anything - they had the shakes. I can see the same thing happening here especially with CP3's health up in the air.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think the Warriors will win in 7. I know teams that win Game 5 usually go on to win but this feels different for some reason. Rockets got every break in Games 4 and 5 down the stretch and now CP3 is gimpy. I doubt he plays in Game 6 from what Stephen A. is saying. The Rockets will put all their marbles into a Game 7 but they don't know how to win Championships like the Warriors do. This series is starting to remind of the Lakers/Kings in 2002. Kings were up 3-2 with HCA as well but LA knew how to win Championships, Kings didn't. People can say Game 6 was rigged but Game 7 definitely wasn't and the Kings still lost Game 7 at home because they couldn't make anything - they had the shakes. I can see the same thing happening here especially with CP3's health up in the air.

I completely agree.  CP3 is out for game 6 too, that was announced a few hours ago.  I would love to see Houston Boston Finals, it would be something different at least.  I just don't want to see the Cavs win it lol. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I completely agree.  CP3 is out for game 6 too, that was announced a few hours ago.  I would love to see Houston Boston Finals, it would be something different at least.  I just don't want to see the Cavs win it lol. 

I think we are going to see Warriors/Celtics. Warriors will win Game 6 easily since CP3 is out and in a Game 7 he still may not be 100%. I think LeBron wins tonight with 35 Points/8 Assists/10 Boards + guys like Korver and Love will score in a double digits but in Game 7 I am rolling with Boston. Boston 10-0 at home and they will have more energy at home IMO.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we are going to see Warriors/Celtics. Warriors will win Game 6 easily since CP3 is out and in a Game 7 he still may not be 100%. I think LeBron wins tonight with 35 Points/8 Assists/10 Boards + guys like Korver and Love will score in a double digits but in Game 7 I am rolling with Boston. Boston 10-0 at home and they will have more energy at home IMO.

Very possible.  I see Lebron dropping at least 40 tonight, like you said and also like you said, his role players will knock down shots.  I'll say Cavs 110 Celtics 95.  Game 7 will be winner take all, which is scary for the Celtics even though they have home court, but if they can wear the Cavs out again, they should have a good chance to win.  I can also see the Warriors winning the next 2. 

• Like 1