Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

What? 

What is defense?

What are we talking about... the Cavs just came off a tough 7 game series against the Pacers. Olidipo put his all into that series.. what are we talking about not playing defense????

Toronto the Pacers played good D .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it was against Phoenix, Youtube it. It's the funniest thing I have ever seen.

I CANNOT believe what I just saw... from Curry range too... how in the world did the coach allow him to keep pulling up. The suns didn't even care either, they enjoyed the show :lol:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I CANNOT believe what I just saw... from Curry range too... how in the world did the coach allow him to keep pulling up. The suns didn't even care either, they enjoyed the show :lol:

I know it was hilarious! Manute did it like it was a walk in the park. He is my new hero. He passed away a few years ago unfortunately (RIP) but that was an awesome shooting display.

Does anybody want DeMar DeRozen for the Pacers?

$28 mil a year....all-star small forward.   (signed for the next 3 years)  ....we need a small forward......hes 29

What do we have to trade? Our draft choice is, what?  23rd.?

Edited by oldunclemark

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think your selling the Rockets short. That series will go 7 and if I had to pick now...I’d pick Houston.

Kobe is too high. Duncan was better. Move Shaq up because the whole game revolves around him. Kobe does not have great efficiency numbers. Took tons of shots and had to have the ball to impact the game.

You legit think Houston is going to win vs Golden State?  I'd take that bet any day!  I think the Rockets will be lucky to win 2 games.  People don't understand how good Golden State is, not only offensively but defensively as well.  I guess we'll see soon enough. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Those guys were role players for the Bulls....they werent stars at all

Rodman was not incredible for the Bulls on the court (off the court, yes) he just got rebounds

It was Michael, Scotties and role players

The opinion said earlier was that the Lakers and Bulls 'stacked stars' around Michael and Magic.

I loved those teams but they weren't stacked with stars bought by management. That just isn't what it was

Bulls had good rosters...yes but

Kukoc, Grant, Harper and Rodman were not stars when they played for the Bulls..

they were role players

No they weren't stars but they were excellent role players....just like Korver and Smith aren't stars...Lebron has no stars on his team. Kevin Love is not HOF caliber or 50 greatest players of all-time caliber like Scottie or Worthy. He may be an all-star but in the East that isn't saying much. He knows his role and when healthy he completes it. The NBA is so different...look at the scores back in Michaels era. Finals games were in the 80s. Now you would get beat by 40 if you scored only 80pts. You look at guys that scored 10-15 points as just role players and yes they were...but that is a significant scoring threat during that era. Ron Harper was a defensive fiend and made life difficult on opposing guards because like Michael he could guard the 1 or 2. Rodman's defensive intensity...rebounding...and yes garbage points just ate up opponents. Those were major contributions. All great teams have one thing in common....great players...and it wasn't Michael and Magic alone. They had a lot of help...just like Lebron has had help in Miami and some in Cleveland....but what he is doing this year...and the year that everyone got hurt except Matthew Delavadova.....I mean really....Delly was the second best player on his team that took GS to 6 games.....I'm sorry but I'm not sure Magic or MJ could have won 2 games in a series against GS with that roster. Not saying Lebron is the greatest...but he is the best all around basketball player of all time...I will give him credit for that. Now excuse me while I rinse my mouth out...puked a little bit saying that.

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

You legit think Houston is going to win vs Golden State?  I'd take that bet any day!  I think the Rockets will be lucky to win 2 games.  People don't understand how good Golden State is, not only offensively but defensively as well.  I guess we'll see soon enough. 

Houston Rockets....#1 in offensive efficiency and #5 in defensive efficiency. Both better than Golden State. #1 in the league in 3 pt scoring. They are deeper. They are hungrier. They have multiple guys that they can throw at KD to force him into tougher shots. They won 2 out 3 during the regular season and they have HCA. They have more than a LEGIT chance to win. I wouldn't say they were favorites etc...but this will be the best team GS has faced in their 4 year playoff run hands down. I also think Chris Paul will come up huge in the series.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

$28 mil a year....all-star small forward.   (signed for the next 3 years)  ....we need a small forward......hes 29

They won't do anything....nor should they until after Lebron decides to stay or go. We got beat by the Cavs.....should we also trade Victor Olidipo?? Why would they give up their only star on their team. You keep your stars and you surround them with a better cast. They will move on from Obaka and others before Lowrey and DeRozen. Plus DeRozen is an undersized 3.....more like a 2. With Victor being an undersized 2 you can't have your two wings be undersized imo.

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Houston Rockets....#1 in offensive efficiency and #5 in defensive efficiency. Both better than Golden State. #1 in the league in 3 pt scoring. They are deeper. They are hungrier. They have multiple guys that they can throw at KD to force him into tougher shots. They won 2 out 3 during the regular season and they have HCA. They have more than a LEGIT chance to win. I wouldn't say they were favorites etc...but this will be the best team GS has faced in their 4 year playoff run hands down. I also think Chris Paul will come up huge in the series.

We can agree to disagree.  Chris Paul usually chokes in the later rounds of the playoffs.  Rockets may win 2 games, but the Warriors are going to win the series.  There too good when completely healthy.  I can't wait til this series.  It will be more of an NBA Finals then the Cavs/Warriors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I wouldn't.  He seems to shrink in the playoffs.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

We can agree to disagree.  Chris Paul usually chokes in the later rounds of the playoffs.  Rockets may win 2 games, but the Warriors are going to win the series.  There too good when completely healthy.  I can't wait til this series.  It will be more of an NBA Finals then the Cavs/Warriors.

Yes...baring injuries it should be for the Championship. I think it will be a better series then you think.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

No they weren't stars but they were excellent role players....just like Korver and Smith aren't stars...Lebron has no stars on his team. Kevin Love is not HOF caliber or 50 greatest players of all-time caliber like Scottie or Worthy. He may be an all-star but in the East that isn't saying much. He knows his role and when healthy he completes it. The NBA is so different...look at the scores back in Michaels era. Finals games were in the 80s. Now you would get beat by 40 if you scored only 80pts. You look at guys that scored 10-15 points as just role players and yes they were...but that is a significant scoring threat during that era. Ron Harper was a defensive fiend and made life difficult on opposing guards because like Michael he could guard the 1 or 2. Rodman's defensive intensity...rebounding...and yes garbage points just ate up opponents. Those were major contributions. All great teams have one thing in common....great players...and it wasn't Michael and Magic alone. They had a lot of help...just like Lebron has had help in Miami and some in Cleveland....but what he is doing this year...and the year that everyone got hurt except Matthew Delavadova.....I mean really....Delly was the second best player on his team that took GS to 6 games.....I'm sorry but I'm not sure Magic or MJ could have won 2 games in a series against GS with that roster. Not saying Lebron is the greatest...but he is the best all around basketball player of all time...I will give him credit for that. Now excuse me while I rinse my mouth out...puked a little bit saying that.

Kevin Love to me is a borderline SuperStar. He was a SuperStar in Minnesota and put up HOFame numbers there. He once had 30 Rebounds in a game! He just took a lesser Role with the Cavs to play with LeBron. His numbers against the Raptors were 20 Points/11.2 Rebounds and he even had a 31 Point in Game 2. I have no idea why people keep selling LeBron's help short. I guess to make him look better in their minds? Once again I will say it, the guys he is playing with aren't bums. Kyle Korver shot 58% and averaged 14.5, JR 12.5 and shot 63% vs Toronto. Their Role players looked bad against us because our scheme was to shut them down and let LeBron have his. We had the Defensive team to do so, Toronto and most teams don't. Regarding scoring in the NBA now compared to the 90's, look at the 80's. In the 80's, Good teams were routinely putting up 110-120 points a night. When the Lakers won the Championship in 1987, they averaged 117 Points a game. That team would run anyone off the floor today with the exception of the Warriors. What changed the NBA style of play were the Pistons and Bulls going into the 90's. They chose to win with Defense and a lot of other teams followed.

23 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think your selling the Rockets short. That series will go 7 and if I had to pick now...I’d pick Houston.

Kobe is too high. Duncan was better. Move Shaq up because the whole game revolves around him. Kobe does not have great efficiency numbers. Took tons of shots and had to have the ball to impact the game.

I agree with BullsColts, Warriors will beat Houston in 6. To me they are just too Great. I see a split in the 1st 2 games, Warriors not losing at home winning Games 3 and 4, Houston will win Game 5, Warriors wrap it up at home.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

They won't do anything....nor should they until after Lebron decides to stay or go. We got beat by the Cavs.....should we also trade Victor Olidipo?? Why would they give up their only star on their team. You keep your stars and you surround them with a better cast. They will move on from Obaka and others before Lowrey and DeRozen. Plus DeRozen is an undersized 3.....more like a 2. With Victor being an undersized 2 you can't have your two wings be undersized imo.

Us losing to the Cavs is entirely different. We took them 7 and were competitive against them. Besides Games 4 and 5 Oladipo had a Good series. Toronto has been embarrassed 3 years in a row vs the Cavs so it's not crazy to think they may need to make a change. DeRozan had a lousy series.

17 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He'd be a great person to have as a consistent second option for Victor, but we may have to give up too much to get him, and I would be trying to find a SF who plays good defense and can help us better defend players like LeBron and KD 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

This wouldn't be my dream scenario but I wouldn't hate it. We need a real second option and things aren't as peachy in Toronto. What it would take to make it happen would be a big factor. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

Kevin Love is easily a Hall-of-Fame player but you are right..To-50 all-time..probably not.

The team that lost to GSW in 6 had Kyrie and Levin Love..

They didn't play in the finals but you cant judge the team by that

We disagree..about the teams (and I;m right:agree::hat:

Michael's teams were flat out trashed on a daily basis as being 'Michael and the Jordainaires' because they had so litte talent..especialy the late 80s and early 90s

Rodman was at his peak with Detroit......Ron Harper was beyond his prime.....

You had to be there.  Michael Jordan was the best defensive guard of his era....

There is no one like him today..

Jordan and Pippen wild have picked\ u Steph and Kevin D. full court...nobody tries

The 90s Bulls vs. Present day GSW comes down to one thing.

90s rules or today's rules?

Playing under 90s rules. Michael totally dominates Steph..Pippen keeps Durant in check and the Bulls win in 5

By todays rules..Jordan averages 45 a game but GSW wins in 6///

Just a guess.

But the game has changed that much

Edited by oldunclemark

7 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

He'd be a great person to have as a consistent second option for Victor, but we may have to give up too much to get him, and I would be trying to find a SF who plays good defense and can help us better defend players like LeBron and KD 

We need that second option for Victor...but, as you say, it comes down to what we'd have to give up

If we wont trade Myles and Domas.....(and we probably don't considering their age) we don't have anything to trade, do we?

dg.. Keep the stars and surround them with a better cast? Great. That;s what they did this year.

The core of the team has always had problems in the post-season..not just against the Cavs

Lowery makes $32 mi...they cant deal him..Ibaka makes $21 mil..no place to go with him.

Toronto has not just been beaten 3 years in a row by the Cavs..they've been swept the last 2...

The coach is about to go.....Toronto has to make changes and they know it

I don't see GSW rolling over Houston...especially with the Rockets having home court...

Steph can do his thing but who does he guard...?   Paul or Harden never both leave the floor..

Draymond vs Capela is key......

Durant will get his but Harden will get his..

I like the Rockets

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Kevin Love is easily a Hall-of-Fame player but you are right..To-50 all-time..probably not.

The team that lost to GSW in 6 had Kyrie and Levin Love..

They didn't play in the finals but you cant judge the team by that

We disagree..about the teams (and I;m right:agree::hat:

Michael's teams were flat out trashed on a daily basis as being 'Michael and the Jordainaires' because they had so litte talent..especialy the late 80s and early 90s

Rodman was at his peak with Detroit......Ron Harper was beyond his prime.....

You had to be there.  Michael Jordan was the best defensive guard of his era....

There is no one like him today..

Jordan and Pippen wild have picked\ u Steph and Kevin D. full court...nobody tries

The 90s Bulls vs. Present day GSW comes down to one thing.

90s rules or today's rules?

Playing under 90s rules. Michael totally dominates Steph..Pippen keeps Durant in check and the Bulls win in 5

By todays rules..Jordan averages 45 a game but GSW wins in 6///

Just a guess.

But the game has changed that much

Exactly...today's rules Jordan avgs 50 points but the Bulls still lose. Imagine Luc Longley and Bill Winnington etc trying to guard the pick and roll....laughable. Pippen was special but KD just shoots over top of him. Heck he shot over Anthony Davis at will. Thompson and Curry and KD shooting 3s...Jordan who is not a good 3 pt shooter it would have been 3 for 2. It was just a different game. I would like to watch Dramond vs Rodman....I don't think either finishes the series. 90s ball Chicago would just beat up the Warriors...and I don't think they could handle them. There are some teams though in 80s and 90s that the Warriors though would match up better with...if you let them run etc...not sure the Lakers and Celtics could chase around Steph and Thompson. Nobody could guard KD on either team...guy is just a freak. Who would guard Kareem though...he would make kill GS inside....but again...your trading 2s for 3s. Wouldn't it just be fun to watch though.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't see GSW rolling over Houston...especially with the Rockets having home court...

Steph can do his thing but who does he guard...?   Paul or Harden never both leave the floor..

Draymond vs Capela is key......

Durant will get his but Harden will get his..

I like the Rockets

Steph is possibly the worst defensive player in the NBA. He will get exploited in this series. If Paul shoots like he did last series it will be a very close matchup...if not then yes I think GS wins. People don't realize it but Houston takes and makes more 3s than GS does. It will be an exciting series.

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

dg.. Keep the stars and surround them with a better cast? Great. That;s what they did this year.

The core of the team has always had problems in the post-season..not just against the Cavs

Lowery makes $32 mi...they cant deal him..Ibaka makes $21 mil..no place to go with him.

Toronto has not just been beaten 3 years in a row by the Cavs..they've been swept the last 2...

The coach is about to go.....Toronto has to make changes and they know it

So how do you make Toronto better......sure you've made Indy better by taking Torontos best player....but why would they do that? They aren't giving up their best player....you just want them to give up??? They were the best in the East....they just can't beat Lebron. I imagine they wait to see what he does and then they reshape their roster accordingly...but even if Lebron stays you hope OG gets a year stronger and better away from his ACL injury...you hope Derozan is a year better...you try to work around the edges of your roster...but you don't trade your best player....you will never get a return that will equal what you give up. This isn't the NFL or MLB. You can only play 5 guys.....you don't have 9 or 22 playing...you can't trade a super star and pick up good guys at a bunch of positions to improve. Superstars win in the NBA. You can't win with a team of 10 good players and no stars. They will do exactly what I said. The only other choice is to blow it up for draft picks....and that would mean we aren't in the conversation....but I seriously doubt they do that. Just so you know we have been beaten by Lebron 5 times in the last 6 years. It's just a fact....you play Lebron your going to lose. You don't blow it up unless your a bad team or your stars are getting old. That isn't the case with us, Toronto, or Washington, or Boston...they will retool..not rebuild.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Steph is possibly the worst defensive player in the NBA. He will get exploited in this series. If Paul shoots like he did last series it will be a very close matchup...if not then yes I think GS wins. People don't realize it but Houston takes and makes more 3s than GS does. It will be an exciting series.

Oh we realize they do. They had by far the most three point makes this year...  And Golden State STILL averaged more points than them. The Cavs had to hit a record for threes to beat golden state last year so maybe the rockets can pull that off. It will be an exciting series, it might go 6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oh we realize they do. They had by far the most three point makes this year...  And Golden State STILL averaged more points than them. The Cavs had to hit a record for threes to beat golden state last year so maybe the rockets can pull that off. It will be an exciting series, it might go 6

Yep. Houston out ranks Golden State in offensive efficiency (mostly because of how many 3s they hit but also because of the easy baskets Paul gets guys) and in defensive efficiency. They also beat GS 2 our 3. There is a lot to say they are the better team....still think GS has the best starting 5 but Houston has a much better bench.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

So how do you make Toronto better......sure you've made Indy better by taking Torontos best player....but why would they do that? They aren't giving up their best player....you just want them to give up??? They were the best in the East....they just can't beat Lebron. I imagine they wait to see what he does and then they reshape their roster accordingly...but even if Lebron stays you hope OG gets a year stronger and better away from his ACL injury...you hope Derozan is a year better...you try to work around the edges of your roster...but you don't trade your best player....you will never get a return that will equal what you give up. This isn't the NFL or MLB. You can only play 5 guys.....you don't have 9 or 22 playing...you can't trade a super star and pick up good guys at a bunch of positions to improve. Superstars win in the NBA. You can't win with a team of 10 good players and no stars. They will do exactly what I said. The only other choice is to blow it up for draft picks....and that would mean we aren't in the conversation....but I seriously doubt they do that. Just so you know we have been beaten by Lebron 5 times in the last 6 years. It's just a fact....you play Lebron your going to lose. You don't blow it up unless your a bad team or your stars are getting old. That isn't the case with us, Toronto, or Washington, or Boston...they will retool..not rebuild.

But what does re-tool mean? ,,and what is a superstar.....LBJ is the only real superstar in the East, right?

How do you re-tool again?

Toronto's bench was better than their starters many nights..cant cut them

..and keep in mind..Ibaka is not tradable at $21 mil for 3 more years at age 33

Lowry makes 33 mil...Forget trading him.....who does that leave?   It leaves DeRozan

I think we're both right.......you don't want to trade a star but they cannot keep bring back the same team that fails every year,..What is the theory there?

DeRozan to San Antonio for Kawhai Leonard?

DeRozan to the Lakers for Randle and Kuzma....

Edited by oldunclemark

..anybody want Jabari Parker on the Pacers..?

23 year old....past surgery on both knees....6-8, 250 ..12.6 ppg, 4.9 rebounds.....38% on 3s

He is a restricted free agent.....I believe Milwaukee can match any offer..

....Nobody knows his potential or whether he can reach  it

No.2 overall pick in 2014.........and you don't have to give him a max deal

Boston wins 4-1. The Process is over in 2018! Now we have our Final 4. This is the way I see it going:

East - Cavs vs Celtics

I think the Celtics even without Kyrie and Hayward have a legit solid ball club with Brown, Smart, Rozier, Tatum, and Horford. They also have the Defense to shut down some of the Role Players that the Cavs have like Korver and JR. They also have HCA and a better Coach as well. Having said that, LeBron isn't losing to a team that doesn't have their best player (Kyrie) and everyone knows it. I also think Kevin Love will have a GREAT series and give LeBron his necessary help. He is healthy now and has found his groove.

-My final analysis is the Cavs in 6 (4-2). I think the Cavs split the 1st 2 games, win Games 3 and 4 at home, lose Game 5 at Boston, then close it out in Cleveland in 6. Stevens and his scrappy bunch are good for 2 wins but that is it IMO.

West - Warriors vs Rockets

Rockets have a very explosive team with Harden and CP3 and have HCA. They can also shoot the 3 as well if not better than the Warriors. Having said that, the Warriors have more Championship experience on their team and can play lock down Defense better than the Rockets when they have to. Durant and Thompson are very underrated Defensively and Green is a monster on Defense. CP3 wont have the series he just had vs the Jazz either, he now has to deal with Steph Curry.

-My final analysis is the Warriors in 6 (4-2). I think in order for the Rockets to have a good chance to win this series they have to win Game 1. They cant lose Game 1 on their home court. If they lose Game 1 at home that would be a disaster to their confidence. I see this much like the Cavs/Celtics series, Warriors will split the 1st 2 games in Houston, win Games 3 and 4 at home, lose Game 5 in Houston, wrap it up in 6. I think the Warriors win Game 1 and that will set the tone for the whole series. Rockets will bounce back and win Game 2 being at home again because it will be a must win and the Warriors will be content with a split. JMO's