Myles

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm so sick of Sabonis not getting foul calls EVERY game they screw him all the time 

I've noticed that, too...He gets beat up and the ref just says play on...

......I dont really understand it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was one of the more sloppier games we have played all season and we had no answer for Adams. Never could get into a good rhythm when we got leads to pull way ahead. Both teams play Great Defense as a whole, they just got the key stops when they had to tonight and we didn't. Normally we shoot better from 3 too, tonight was an off night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I've noticed that, too...He gets beat up and the ref just says play on...

......I dont really understand it

It's happened every game I've seen it's just unbelievable the guy couldn't buy a foul he'll tonight I watched him literally get shoved in the back and pushed right out of bounds 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

  rebounds beat us......Adams just overwhelmed Myles down low....

Myles didnt play badly...he just cant move Adams

Myles isn't a center the guy isn't strong enough he would be great at the 4 I've said it 10000000 times 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

  rebounds beat us......Adams just overwhelmed Myles down low....

Myles didnt play badly...he just cant move Adams

 

Myles needs to gain more weight. Still has a lighter frame compared to most starting centers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry the Pacers didn't get the win, I know you all wanted it badly. OKC is a better team then their record indicates.

 

I didn't watch it too closely since while I had it on I was furiously cleaning my house a bit and stuff.

 

I looked at the stats, doesn't look like the OKC big 3 even scored all that much........

 

 

Pacers only lost by 5 too and probably they deserved a few more calls they didn't get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MTC said:

 

Myles needs to gain more weight. Still has a lighter frame compared to most starting centers.

He has to gain his weight naturally. It will come with age. You have to remember he is only 21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Myles isn't a center the guy isn't strong enough he would be great at the 4 I've said it 10000000 times 

He played great defense at the center position tonight. He is the best shot blocker in the NBA. You do not move him to try and guard stretch 4s. He had to constantly help the guards contain Westbrook driving to the rim. That is why Westbrook was 3-17, and that is why Steven Adams had so many offensive rebounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the mistakes we had tonight were just things that naturally happen sometimes in the NBA, but one area I was very disappointed in tonight was our bench play. I really thought Cory, Sabonis, and Lance would give us an advantage over the Thunder's bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

I've noticed that, too...He gets beat up and the ref just says play on...

......I dont really understand it

He doesn't get any love on either end. You hit the nail on the head tonight it was rebounding that was our undoing. They got too many second chance baskets. It frustrating to watch us get the stop but not the board. The box score says turnovers were even but it felt we turned it over more maybe just more in bad spots. We didn't get a shot up down 3 that was tough. It was one of those games that felt like we did more to lose than they did to win. Those are hard to swallow. If you told me their big 3 scored 34 points I'd have bet a lot of money that we'd have won the game.  

 

Hopefully we can put PG in the rear view and get on with the season now. I'm with Dipo tired of hearing about the guy and the trade. We need to finish our home stand off vs a slumping Pistons team. That's a much more important game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This loss stings mainly because it was OKC and PG. If it had been any other opponent we would all be saying we can flush it and move on. We played perhaps the worst game we could possibly play shooting 11-31 from 3 and had uncharacteristic sloppy Turnovers all game. We let Steven Adams own us as well. Dipo shot 1-9 from 3, that rarely happens. Regarding Sabonis this is very true, he gets no calls. That is what I hate about the NBA because if you are not at least a borderline All-Star you usually don't get calls. The problem we have is, we have a bunch of Good players and Dipo but Dipo isn't a Superstar in reality. I think he makes the All-Star team but when he plays against guys like PG and Westbrook he wont get calls either because they are SuperStars. The NBA has always been like that and that is why I hated to see PG go. I am hoping Dipo gets to Superstar status so we can get some calls in the future. We are still 16-12 and Milwaukee lost tonight too, so we are still tied for 4th in the East.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Thunder are now 13-14 = their 1st Trimester of the season. Only 1 game below .500 with 2/3's of the season left. I wouldn't bury that team yet. They have 4 players on that team in Westy, PG, Melo, and Adams if they all click together in a Playoff series they can beat anyone. One thing they have is, they play Great Defense. That always keeps them in games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Most of the mistakes we had tonight were just things that naturally happen sometimes in the NBA, but one area I was very disappointed in tonight was our bench play. I really thought Cory, Sabonis, and Lance would give us an advantage over the Thunder's bench.

It hurt us when we went to the bench for sure Those 3 were a collective -20 on the night although all 3 shot it 50% or better. I thought we could make up ground when the starters rested too.

 

We have to get more from Turner shooting 27% from the field for 8 points is not getting it done. Then Adams dominated on the other end. The guy had 9 offensive rebounds himself. We let OKC have 17 as a team. That's way too many 17 times we got the stop but didn't get the ball. We made things tough on ourselves. 

 

I hate to whine about the refs but the 24 to 6 free throw difference didn't help. I have been a Pacer fan long enough to know that's part of the deal but +18 in ft attempts. That's a big difference and at home no less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This loss stings mainly because it was OKC and PG. If it had been any other opponent we would all be saying we can flush it and move on. We played perhaps the worst game we could possibly play shooting 11-31 from 3 and had uncharacteristic sloppy Turnovers all game. We let Steven Adams own us as well. Dipo shot 1-9 from 3, that rarely happens. Regarding Sabonis this is very true, he gets no calls. That is what I hate about the NBA because if you are not at least a borderline All-Star you usually don't get calls. The problem we have is, we have a bunch of Good players and Dipo but Dipo isn't a Superstar in reality. I think he makes the All-Star team but when he plays against guys like PG and Westbrook he wont get calls either because they are SuperStars. The NBA has always been like that and that is why I hated to see PG go. I am hoping Dipo gets to Superstar status so we can get some calls in the future. We are still 16-12 and Milwaukee lost tonight too, so we are still tied for 4th in the East.

 

Dipo can become a star and is almost there now in December, but can he become a household name? Thats the problem, this league is obsessed with household NBA names usually. It's why getting by the Warriors or Cavs is so impossible.

 

I was irritated at Steven A. last night since after the game at MSG he basically ranted about how the Lakers don't have a real star yet and how it was nothing like a few weeks ago when Lebron went there and he lit up the Knicks and how everyone showed up just to see Lebron. I mean look, I love Lebron as a player but come on........you can't say the Lakers are boring either just because there isn't a Lebron James on the team. Steven A. then went on to talk about how Kristaps Porzingis is a star in New York now. Since the Knicks have him, I worry they will get too many breaks.

 

The media constantly hypes up "Kyrie and the Celtics". I mean lets face it, IT was a star Boston did create or a semi star.......but Kyrie is someone who played WITH Lebron and who won game 7 of the finals a few years ago. I seen Cavs fans say they think Kyrie gets more calls with the Celtics then he did with the Cavs since they turned Kyrie into the face of Boston now.

 

And of course Kyrie don't play the other night on a back to back and they got blown out by the Bulls and didn't seem as special. Al Horford is a name NBA fans know and he has been an all star multiple times but he is not "the name" that they can use to hype up a team in lights.

 

To be fair though I do love many of these NBA stars and all but I wish it wasn't so biased at times too and the hard working good teams everywhere got a shot as well with attention.

 

On a side note, ESPN hypes up Philly something awful.......all the time. Big market and talented players. They also have had a fetish in the NBA media this year with "The Greek Freak".

 

 

It can be infuriating but stars drive the NBA......but they should do a better job being fair with calls.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

 

I hate to whine about the refs but the 24 to 6 free throw difference didn't help. I have been a Pacer fan long enough to know that's part of the deal but +18 in ft attempts. That's a big difference and at home no less

 

Thats kinda bad to be honest lol. This is when NBA fans can go nuts in circles for hours.

 

Kinda suprised looking at the stats that the OKC big 3 didn't even score that much but won.......

 

 

Oh well it is what it is, try to flush it. Won't have to see PG for a while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Thunder are now 13-14 = their 1st Trimester of the season. Only 1 game below .500 with 2/3's of the season left. I wouldn't bury that team yet. They have 4 players on that team in Westy, PG, Melo, and Adams if they all click together in a Playoff series they can beat anyone. One thing they have is, they play Great Defense. That always keeps them in games.

 

I got my eye on Houston lately. That team is for real this year........

 

But I am not even sure the Warriors are even trying as hard yet. If they turn it on like they did last year then it's game over for everyone else.

 

I will have a better feel for the Cavs once I see them play the Warriors, which I think is on Christmas. How they handle the Warriors this year will tell me a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This loss stings mainly because it was OKC and PG. If it had been any other opponent we would all be saying we can flush it and move on. We played perhaps the worst game we could possibly play shooting 11-31 from 3 and had uncharacteristic sloppy Turnovers all game. We let Steven Adams own us as well. Dipo shot 1-9 from 3, that rarely happens. Regarding Sabonis this is very true, he gets no calls. That is what I hate about the NBA because if you are not at least a borderline All-Star you usually don't get calls. The problem we have is, we have a bunch of Good players and Dipo but Dipo isn't a Superstar in reality. I think he makes the All-Star team but when he plays against guys like PG and Westbrook he wont get calls either because they are SuperStars. The NBA has always been like that and that is why I hated to see PG go. I am hoping Dipo gets to Superstar status so we can get some calls in the future. We are still 16-12 and Milwaukee lost tonight too, so we are still tied for 4th in the East.

We finally had a full house too It would have been nice to win but in the grand scheme of things not a big deal. OKC is Western Conference team and a pretty good one.

 

You'd think the team would be glad to have this game done. They thought they were tired of PG last year. 

 

We need to refocus and  get this divisional game with Detroit. We need that one It would suck to have this home stand end on a 2 game skid

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jules said:

 

Dipo can become a star and is almost there now in December, but can he become a household name? Thats the problem, this league is obsessed with household NBA names usually. It's why getting by the Warriors or Cavs is so impossible.

 

I was irritated at Steven A. last night since after the game at MSG he basically ranted about how the Lakers don't have a real star yet and how it was nothing like a few weeks ago when Lebron went there and he lit up the Knicks and how everyone showed up just to see Lebron. I mean look, I love Lebron as a player but come on........you can't say the Lakers are boring either just because there isn't a Lebron James on the team. Steven A. then went on to talk about how Kristaps Porzingis is a star in New York now. Since the Knicks have him, I worry they will get too many breaks.

 

The media constantly hypes up "Kyrie and the Celtics". I mean lets face it, IT was a star Boston did create or a semi star.......but Kyrie is someone who played WITH Lebron and who won game 7 of the finals a few years ago. I seen Cavs fans say they think Kyrie gets more calls with the Celtics then he did with the Cavs since they turned Kyrie into the face of Boston now.

 

And of course Kyrie don't play the other night on a back to back and they got blown out by the Bulls and didn't seem as special. Al Horford is a name NBA fans know and he has been an all star multiple times but he is not "the name" that they can use to hype up a team in lights.

 

To be fair though I do love many of these NBA stars and all but I wish it wasn't so biased at times too and the hard working good teams everywhere got a shot as well with attention.

 

On a side note, ESPN hypes up Philly something awful.......all the time. Big market and talented players. They also have had a fetish in the NBA media this year with "The Greek Freak".

 

 

It can be infuriating but stars drive the NBA......but they should do a better job being fair with calls.

 

Dipo is starting to get more recognition around the league but it is going to take more than 1/3 of a season for guys like Stephen A/ESPN people in general to really believe he is a Top 10-20 player in the league. Most think Dipo definitely deserves to be on the East All-Star team as of now. Guys like PG are proven and the media had no choice to put PG in the Top 10 before his injury because he took LeBron 7 games and Indy was a Title contender. Regarding the Lakers, I thought Lonzo looked solid last night at NY. The way he pushes the ball up the floor and passes is fun to watch. He even made a few 3's too. Lakers are just young, you have to give them time. Magic has a ton of cap space this upcoming summer so that will be interesting to see what moves they make.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, akcolt said:

It hurt us when we went to the bench for sure Those 3 were a collective -20 on the night although all 3 shot it 50% or better. I thought we could make up ground when the starters rested too.

 

We have to get more from Turner shooting 27% from the field for 8 points is not getting it done. Then Adams dominated on the other end. The guy had 9 offensive rebounds himself. We let OKC have 17 as a team. That's way too many 17 times we got the stop but didn't get the ball. We made things tough on ourselves. 

 

I hate to whine about the refs but the 24 to 6 free throw difference didn't help. I have been a Pacer fan long enough to know that's part of the deal but +18 in ft attempts. That's a big difference and at home no less

The Thunder were definitely more aggressive at going to the rim but I don't think it should have been that big of a discrepancy in foul shooting.

 

And the rebounding did kill us and I don't know what we can do to fix it. Myles has to help on Westbrook when he drives and that leaves Adams to get an easy rebound. The only way to stop this is for the guards to stay in front of Westbrook which is nearly impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dipo is starting to get more recognition around the league but it is going to take more than 1/3 of a season for guys like Stephen A/ESPN people in general to really believe he is a Top 10-20 player in the league. Most think Dipo definitely deserves to be on the East All-Star team as of now.

 

Many think he is an all star right now:

 

https://clutchpoints.com/pacers-news-tyronn-lue-says-victor-oladipo-definitely-star/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Thunder are now 13-14 = their 1st Trimester of the season. Only 1 game below .500 with 2/3's of the season left. I wouldn't bury that team yet. They have 4 players on that team in Westy, PG, Melo, and Adams if they all click together in a Playoff series they can beat anyone. One thing they have is, they play Great Defense. That always keeps them in games.

 

OKC so far seems to win games that have emotional meaning or whatever you want to call it. They did it for the Warriors and tonight for the Pacers. Although tonight they could have lost lol. They still won though.

 

So far their formula for laziness doesn't bode well for a high seed to win enough regular season games, but it bodes well for the postseason assuming they don't over look someone and have a hiccup and an early postseason exit before playing a big boy team. But OKC is a great defensive team.......that can't be overlooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look on the bright side this year so far guys, you nailed the Cavaliers and broke their long win streak. Don't think for a second Lebron didn't want to break the 16 game win streak the Celtics had earlier. Lebron has cared very much lately about the regular season. It's due to the Kyrie thing too which everyone in Cavs land seems to have a creepy obsession with this season so far. They spend half their time watching the Cavs and the other half writing analysis about what Kyrie does or says in Boston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

He played great defense at the center position tonight. He is the best shot blocker in the NBA. You do not move him to try and guard stretch 4s. He had to constantly help the guards contain Westbrook driving to the rim. That is why Westbrook was 3-17, and that is why Steven Adams had so many offensive rebounds. 

He can hardly ever box out and contain a bigger stronger center he almost consistently gets over powered 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jules said:

Look on the bright side this year so far guys, you nailed the Cavaliers and broke their long win streak. Don't think for a second Lebron didn't want to break the 16 game win streak the Celtics had earlier. Lebron has cared very much lately about the regular season. It's due to the Kyrie thing too which everyone in Cavs land seems to have a creepy obsession with this season so far. They spend half their time watching the Cavs and the other half writing analysis about what Kyrie does or says in Boston.

Who really  cares about OKC besides the fans? I don't think our locker room is obsessed with PG. As you said we are off to a good start. this game doesn't change that  

 

We are 2-0 vs Cle, 1-1 vs Tor, 0-1 vs Bos(w/o Dipo) Those are the teams we need to be focused on. Our next game vs Detroit is a much more important game. They are slumping and we are the back end of a back to back for them.. That sets up well for us. I think everyone will be happy if we can go 5-1 on this home stand.

 

It would have been nice to get PG in front of a packed house. There's no doubt we wanted to win but it wasn't an important game.  The players have had their fill of PG and I'm sure will be glad to have this behind them. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Thunder are now 13-14 = their 1st Trimester of the season. Only 1 game below .500 with 2/3's of the season left. I wouldn't bury that team yet. They have 4 players on that team in Westy, PG, Melo, and Adams if they all click together in a Playoff series they can beat anyone. One thing they have is, they play Great Defense. That always keeps them in games.

I'll stick by my comment that Melo is not an answer for any team and bringing him in made the Thunder a worse team.   PG and Wesbrook would have had a better record without Melo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akcolt said:

Who really  cares about OKC besides the fans? I don't think our locker room is obsessed with PG. As you said we are off to a good start. this game doesn't change that  

 

We are 2-0 vs Cle, 1-1 vs Tor, 0-1 vs Bos(w/o Dipo) Those are the teams we need to be focused on. Our next game vs Detroit is a much more important game. They are slumping and we are the back end of a back to back for them.. That sets up well for us. I think everyone will be happy if we can go 5-1 on this home stand.

 

It would have been nice to get PG in front of a packed house. There's no doubt we wanted to win but it wasn't an important game.  The players have had their fill of PG and I'm sure will be glad to have this behind them. 

I disagree.   This was a playoff atmosphere game at home.   For confidence reasons alone it was an important game.   On paper it is only 1 loss to a team in the other conference, but it was a big game for this team. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He can hardly ever box out and contain a bigger stronger center he almost consistently gets over powered 

He can get stronger with age. Nobody expects this Pacers team to do anything special this year anyway. This team is built for the future.

 

I'd rather have him at the rim leading the league in blocks than getting destroyed by guys like Paul Millsap and Blake Griffin trying to defend them outside the paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

He can get stronger with age. Nobody expects this Pacers team to do anything special this year anyway. This team is built for the future.

 

I'd rather have him at the rim leading the league in blocks than getting destroyed by guys like Paul Millsap and Blake Griffin trying to defend them outside the paint.

Well he needs to get on it he can't go his whole career getting man handled at the 5 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, MTC said:

Say whatever you want about PG, his elite defense is still apparent. 

He can still play good defense at times but not sure I would still call him an elite defender. He got torched plenty of times the last 2 years with the Pacers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:30 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

He can hardly ever box out and contain a bigger stronger center he almost consistently gets over powered 

Hes soft in the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, MTC said:

Say whatever you want about PG, his elite defense is still apparent. 

True he can do it but will not night in night out , we by far got the best of the trade and will pay dividends in the future. We play as a team , not around an individual . I will take team and a good locker room anyday , with people that believe in one another .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, Myles said:

I disagree.   This was a playoff atmosphere game at home.   For confidence reasons alone it was an important game.   On paper it is only 1 loss to a team in the other conference, but it was a big game for this team. 

I agree to an extent , however this team is growing and with that go growing pains . They are still learning how to play with each other . They have the right team attitude they will grow from this loss . If you think their confidence is shattered you would be wrong on that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I agree to an extent , however this team is growing and with that go growing pains . They are still learning how to play with each other . They have the right team attitude they will grow from this loss . If you think their confidence is shattered you would be wrong on that point.

I don't think it is shattered, but maybe nicked a little bit.  I big win is a building block.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.