Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Celtics were missing Jaylen Brown (went to a funeral) and Marcus Morris (rest), thats two guys that often start for them.

Pacers IMO probably win this game if Marcus Smart didn't get going scoring at times. He does that from time to time in odd spurts.

11 hours ago, Jules said:

Celtics were missing Jaylen Brown (went to a funeral) and Marcus Morris (rest), thats two guys that often start for them.

Pacers IMO probably win this game if Marcus Smart didn't get going scoring at times. He does that from time to time in odd spurts.

Marcus Smart shocked me.......big shots...and we cant guard Kyrie....few can

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers hung tough and had a nice lead at Half but ran out of steam. Not having Dipo definitely hurt.

Didn't see the

game (was at the football finals) But.we aren't good enough to lose 20 ppg..

Celtics were shorthanded, too..on the road.....they must have shut us down

12 hours ago, Jules said:

For those keeping track of OKC, they lost again tonight. To the Mavericks 97-81.-omg- 

Paul George 2 points, 1-12.:eek:

If we want them in the western conference finals, they got work to do.  lmao Sure they beat up the Warriors but even Steve Kerr admits now he should not have played Kevin Durant in that game just to please the NBA for a big game since Durant has been hurt.

I don't understand .. we know PG has some games like that......but the Mavericks don't really have a lot ..

Forget the win or the loss..a team with Russ, PG and Melo cant beheld to 81

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't understand .. we know PG has some games like that......but the Mavericks don't really have a lot ..

I actually missed that game as in following it. Not sure why PG had a bad game because he's been solid all season. OKC still has problems, cant deny that but they have the talent to beat anyone.

15 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The 76ers want a 2nd round pick for Jahlil Okafor.  I think the Pacers should pull the trigger.  2nd round picks don't amount to much usually, whereas Okafor is a former top 3 pick.

Why we already have 2 big men better and can't get them on the court together 

On 11/26/2017 at 11:48 AM, oldunclemark said:

November of an NBA season....You know the game....

So far, Nate McMillan is coach of the year, right?

No. Brad Stevens would be COY right now if anybody could win that award today. They lost one of their best players the very first game and they are arguably the best team in the NBA right now. That's impressive. Most teams couldn't handle a loss like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*sigh* Tonight proved yet again why not having Gordon Hayward is about the most unfair injury of all time.:thmdown: They could have used him BAD tonight vs. a Pistons team who didn't miss a shot and who seemed pretty hungry to beat up on the Celtics to make a statement with Averly Bradley. Still a close game in the end but WOW, Detroit looked massive tonight for some odd reason to me. I was under looking them too......

That Hayward injury still tears me up at times and how it happened. I wondered if he could return late in the year though but I don't think it's even safe to risk it yet. He is healing well and fast, but it's too risky. It's just SUCKS since Hayward out there could do sooooooooooo much and make the east soooooooo different and possibly even compete with Cleveland.:thmdown: Celtics might need to make another move for another guy since they got 8 million or so back from the Hayward situation.

I swear sports needs help and a savior........if we have to sit through another Pats trip to the Super Bowl and a Cavs/Warriors finals again it's just really sad. People get bored with this.

If the Eagles won it all or someone else snuck into the finals that would go a longgggggggg way right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

No. Brad Stevens would be COY right now if anybody could win that award today. They lost one of their best players the very first game and they are arguably the best team in the NBA right now. That's impressive. Most teams couldn't handle a loss like that.

OMG still like the most depressing moment of sports to me this year........

41d6638190fd24d2c0497dbf9c515570.jpg

I don't even get how the injury still happened, it was a total total weird weird fluke random what the hell type of thing........

BTW congrats on the Pacers win tonight. lmao  Didn't mean to go down the Hayward land of agony. lmao It pops up from time to time with me when I watch basketball this year since I always enjoyed him.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:20 AM, oldunclemark said:

Mavs play pretty tough at times in losses even. I watched some of their games this year. 

But something is "off" with OKC. They still have plenty of time to figure it out though but they have become by far the most talked about team in the NBA since most want "OKC to happen". And we get impatient since the talent is there.

We desperately want a challenger to the Warriors and we lose patience in teams like the Spurs.

• Like 1

We really needed this win tonight with a tough schedule coming up including the next two at Houston and Toronto. We were almost guaranteed a four game losing streak if we dropped today's game.

This had all the makings of a trap game as we played a team that lost 8 straight and would be hungry to get a win especially for Frank Vogel. Plus we could have been too comfortable after being at home for the past week.

We would have lost this game last year.

39 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We really needed this win tonight with a tough schedule coming up including the next two at Houston and Toronto. We were almost guaranteed a four game losing streak if we dropped today's game.

This had all the makings of a trap game as we played a team that lost 8 straight and would be hungry to get a win especially for Frank Vogel. Plus we could have been too comfortable after being at home for the past week.

We would have lost this game last year.

You really don't believe in this team much do you we are a top East team right now and can damn near beat everyone in the NBA 

A lot of teams in the east are pretty good this year and there is some good competition going on right now. Many eastern teams playing hard every game too. I don't think the playoffs will be as easy as people think but yeah I don't see any one team yet who can stop Lebron James in a full series in the east. Lebron is still a beast of burden for the eastern conference. lmao You might beat him once or twice but it's damn near tough to imagine beating him 4 times in a week.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You really don't believe in this team much do you we are a top East team right now and can damn near beat everyone in the NBA 

Go beat the Rockets in Houston and the NBA will take some serious notice of the Pacers. But losing to the Rockets there won't be a big deal either since that team is seriously lethal in scoring..........they don't lose that often.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I wouldn't say we are a top team at all right now. We are playing much better than I thought we would but I still wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't make the playoffs.

But it looks like you've came all the way around. Before the season you were saying that the PG trade was horrible (as did I) and we'd be awful this year, now you're acting like we are championship contenders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I wouldn't say we are a top team at all right now. We are playing much better than I thought we would but I still wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't make the playoffs.

But it looks like you've came all the way around. Before the season you were saying that the PG trade was horrible (as did I) and we'd be awful this year, now you're acting like we are championship contenders.

I thought the argument all offseason for the Pacers was about tanking for future super stars? lmao 

I am glad the Pacers are this competitive though, they are a lot better (so far) then most imagined. Only oldunclemark at times seemed to have real hope for the Pacers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jules said:

A lot of teams in the east are pretty good this year and there is some good competition going on right now. Many eastern teams playing hard every game too. I don't think the playoffs will be as easy as people think but yeah I don't see any one team yet who can stop Lebron James in a full series in the east. Lebron is still a beast of burden for the eastern conference. lmao You might beat him once or twice but it's damn near tough to imagine beating him 4 times in a week.

Go beat the Rockets in Houston and the NBA will take some serious notice of the Pacers. But losing to the Rockets there won't be a big deal either since that team is seriously lethal in scoring..........they don't lose that often.

Our fanbase is way too overconfident when things are going their way. I've realized that is just how Indiana sports fans are. And then the next time we lose 4 or 5 in a row they will be calling for the coach's job.

Everyone knows that the Pacers cannot compete with the Cavs, Celtics, Warriors, Rockets etc. even if they can't admit it.

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

I thought the argument all offseason for the Pacers was about tanking for future super stars? lmao 

I am glad the Pacers are this competitive though, they are a lot better (so far) then most imagined. Only oldunclemark at times seemed to have real hope for the Pacers.

Yeah although Mark seems to have blind love for his sports teams on a regular basis, he was the only one who gave the PG trade a chance.

I honestly wanted the Pacers to get a high draft pick this year but that is just not what this team does. They stay competitive... which is probably why they haven't won a championship in the 50+ years they've been a team but it keeps the fans loyal.

Oladipo and Sabonis have played much better than I expected them too, but it is still early and I still see LeBron dominating the East like always. If Hayward didn't get hurt, Boston would have given them one hell of a fight though. Boston will easily win a championship in the next 3-5 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Our fanbase is way too overconfident when things are going their way. I've realized that is just how Indiana sports fans are. And then the next time we lose 4 or 5 in a row they will be calling for the coach's job.

Everyone knows that the Pacers cannot compete with the Cavs, Celtics, Warriors, Rockets etc. even if they can't admit it.

I think a lot of fanbases do this though and I do it too. I even got excited last fall when the Lakers beat up the Warriors in a single game but it meant nothing later as we saw from the Lakers season. lmao I like to just enjoy the regular season games too for what they are and all as entertainment......and hope that in the playoffs someone NEW might emerge and challenge Cleveland or Golden State. And you never know when injuries or complacency might hit a top team......

Pacers are IMO so far a playoff team, but a lot can change from now until the playoffs start in rankings. But sadly I think they need a star player on the team........whether in FA or if they develop him and turn him into a star through the draft or if he is already on the team, the NBA is often about the star power quality and sometimes this annoys me since I do like to see balanced good hustle teams who win without big names too. And Indy does not attract the big name FAs so it's tough. Celtics are lucky they have Kyrie Irving right now, since he alone gives them a small fear factor that without him they would not have. ESPN hypes up "Kyrie and the Celtics" just for name power alone. Cavs, Pistons and Raptors are going to be tough matchups for the Celtics though this year though, no denying that..........

Celtics sadly I am not sure are a real contender yet either despite having the best record and defensive ranking in the NBA so far. Too much youth and they lack an extra consistent shooter or two to put them over the top right now. They will win a lot of games and Stevens is excellent, but in the playoffs they likely will fall to Cleveland (again), or a team like the Pistons or Raptors. 

Losing Paul George for the Pacers and losing Gordon Hayward for the Celtics is a tough hurdle to get over so I think both teams are really doing well.

But as I look around the east still I doubt anyone can still beat Lebron in a full series. Someone might give them a tough time but it's like trying to beat the Patriots in the AFC playoffs. Lebron might slow down this year but I doubt it right now, dude seems like he is still in his prime at the moment. He turns 33 at the end of December so he isn't "old" but he still plays with such intensity.

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

As fans we all get excited over any wins. I mean if say Pacers beat the Rockets or Cavs it's great but does that mean they can do it in a full series? I doubt it. But if they did say beat the Rockets or Cavs soon then enjoy that one win but just don't get your hopes up.

But it's still early and we can see how it all develops in months from now. Who really knows how the playoff seedings shake out later.

36 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah although Mark seems to have blind love for his sports teams on a regular basis, he was the only one who gave the PG trade a chance.

I like Paul George a lot and always did as a player, don't get me wrong. He has always been great. But I always felt there was something missing that made him a legit super star in that elite level I think some want him to be in. Maybe it's some sort of intangible quality, not sure.......like the talent is there but "something" extra is missing.

I seen Cavs fans talk about this too with Paul George being great but maybe missing "that extra something" at times. Intangibles, leadership, clutch-ness, not sure what it is though.........

OKC has become the most talked about team in the league this year for obvious reasons so I see a ton of PG analysis.

4 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah they are way better then I thought I was like you thinking we would be really bad didn't expect VO to turn into an all-star on our team 

Also we are not contenders but we are a good team in the East we have either beat or stuck around all the top dogs in the East 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't think it's a point of not admitting it. Most any Pacer fan knows this team doesn't have that one or two big so called super stars it takes to win a championship.

What we are seeing with the Pacers is a team that plays as a team and they are doing it without a prima donna player. They play unselfish and use good old fashion team work.

If the NBA had a hard cap and didn't get paid to let teams pay them for their championship, this team would go far into the playoffs. According to Spotrac there are only 8 teams under the cap and the Pacers are one of them. The NBA is getting richer and richer by those teams who are willing to go over the cap and pay for their championships.

CC is right...

...Its not overconfidence..its appreciation of good basketball, especially at the offensive end

Paul George is a better player than Victor Oladipo..but Victor wants to be the star of the Indiana Pacers.

PG was not comfortable in that role....Victor seems to welcome it

Collison and Lance want to be here and they have proven it,.

That's what the fans like ......

I dont think I'm being a homer when I look at two age-21 front court players who combined for about 35 and 15 a game

..and see a bright present and brighter future

• Like 3