Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

-OMG, OKC lost by a point tonight to the Pistons. :hissy: THIS is what I mean. Get some CONSISTENCY going fellas. My goodness, they have potential to do so much and I am sure they will find it this year but they got to follow up big wins with WINS.

-The Pistons just kinda linger around.......still second in the east at the moment.

-Cavs had an interesting battle tonight with the Hornets and won by a point. 

-Great win for the Pacers tonight over the Raptors. Will be back tomorrow night for post game hoopla. lmao I hope it's a fun one for Pacers/Celtics and I bet it's going to be a tough game considering how both teams never seem to quit.

• Like 2

Celtics rested starters for a large part of the second half tonight. They also are leaving Marcus Morris in Boston for rest issues or something for the Pacers game.

Celtics Jaylen Brown is uncertain for the Pacers game too, depends on how his friends funeral goes and if he can make it. Stevens says it's up to Jaylen Brown himself and if he can make it or not. Brown is 50/50 for this game for personal reasons.

Glad the Raptors lost. I see their fans online sometimes and they are hilariously annoying. lmao 

Talk to you all later.:thmup:

16 hours ago, aaron11 said:

westbrook tends to kill his team mates stats.  vics have gone way up this season 

i dont think victor is better than paul george, nor is anyone else on this team

paul just didnt have the right attitude, he didnt want to be here.

Vic is playing better then PG easily I see no reason why he can't be a better player 

He's also leading this team making big shots for us and playing consistent something PG didn't do often his final year here 

7 hours ago, Jules said:

I can't put OKC in the finals "just yet". Warriors are so deep, talented and well coached. But they could get complacent later and good defensive teams might be showing they can do them in so far this year. 

But if you are saying OKC/Cleveland I could swing with that finals too, would at least be new and more interesting. A ton of star power......

Lebron is "quietly" having a monster season actually but they still have work to do. (mostly on defense obviously)

Yeah so far it doesn't look good for him again, he hasn't been healthy for more then like 10 minutes. A few times he did look good for the Cavs too so it's sad. Hope he comes away with the right decision later on for himself.

I said West Finals, not Finals for OKC. I don't see them beating the Warriors. They are still having trouble closing out games as we speak. They just lost to Detroit 99-98. Pacers beat the Raptors to win 5th straight, now 11-8 overall. I am proud of them so far. Dipo may not play vs the Celtics though because he banged knees with Lowry. So he may miss a game or 2.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Vic is playing better then PG easily I see no reason why he can't be a better player 

He's also leading this team making big shots for us and playing consistent something PG didn't do often his final year here 

everyone takes a backseat to westbrook in okc

paul is doing more than victor did when he was  there

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Heck yeah Lance.

Hope Oladipo is ok.

I didn't see the game...

Lance went in when Victor O was hurt and led the rally?

The crowd must have loved it..  Watching the highlights..Lance loves to play at home, doesn't he?

Back to back with Boston.....that's tough without Olaldipo  (I assume)

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

everyone takes a backseat to westbrook in okc

paul is doing more than victor did when he was  there

and PG is OK with taking a backseat to Russ....

I have to admit its a good fit because Paul is like the Scottie Pippen to Michael Jordan..and that's his personality

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Bogdonovic showed me in this game that he is way more than just a 3 point shooter. Not only did he finish difficult shots at the rim all night, but he basically locked DeMar Derozan down when he guarded him. WTG Bogie.

Did he really?   DeRozen...?

I had no idea Bogdonavic could play defense....

https://clutchpoints.com/week-5-nba-power-rankings-new-no-1-boston-celtics/

If they can clear Young and Joseph (or at least convince them to opt out of their options) Indiana would be a premier free agent signing destination. They’d have $46 million in cap space, which while they might not directly use, could be used in a sign and trade. Similarly, Joseph and Young’s likelihood to opt out and Stephenson and Jefferson’s team control make them premier options for a salary dump. These aren’t generally trades that happen at the deadline, but after the season to clear space for free agency. Indiana might not be a premier location from a 25-year-old millionaire’s perspective but there might not be a better situation for a general manager

Could be a really exciting offseason for the Pacers

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love our team right now, they are a joy to watch but Dipo while Good isn't better than PG. Not even a debate IMO.

Paul George, at the end of the day,,is a 6-foot-9 guard on offense and defense....

....I love that we got two good players for one...but PG can go head to head with Durant.

We don't have anybody like that

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I didn't see the game...

Lance went in when Victor O was hurt and led the rally?

The crowd must have loved it..  Watching the highlights..Lance loves to play at home, doesn't he?

Back to back with Boston.....that's tough without Olaldipo  (I assume)

Lance loves Indiana! He is home baby! We have a bunch of guys that love playing here, that makes a difference in the chemistry and culture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just hope Dipo is OK. He says he is but the knee is nothing to mess around with. I have to say so far the Pacers have surprised me being 11-8 and playing so unselfish. Bogdonavic is a monster from 3, Dipo is playing like an All-Star, Sabonis is better than I thought, Turner is holding his own and has played well. Lance is Lance, he is home and we love him!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lance loves Indiana! He is home baby! We have a bunch of guys that love playing here, that makes a difference in the chemistry and culture.

I think you are right.....

I dont know a lot about a lot of our plyers.....But I know that Victor Oladipo and Lance Stephenson (and to some extent Darren Collison) want to play in Indiana..

......They aren't from here.....but they have said and they have proven they want to be here....

The fans pick up on that...and they get behind them....

Doesn't make us a championship team but the fan reaction at home helps us.....and the other players feel they are on the 'home' team

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just hope Dipo is OK. He says he is but the knee is nothing to mess around with. I have to say so far the Pacers have surprised me being 11-8 and playing so unselfish. Bogdonavic is a monster from 3, Dipo is playing like an All-Star, Sabonis is better than I thought, Turner is holding his own and has played well. Lance is Lance, he is home and we love him!

I know we need certainly him against Kyrie and the Celtics..

...but I wouldn't be disappointed if Oladipo sat out tonight's game.

at home...play Lance 30 minutes and give Joe Young some time..

Its November in a long season...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't know if he plays tonight or not but I heard last night that it's just a knee bruise. Nothing too serious but he may miss a game or two. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Young and hungry.

To have Sabonis and Myles Turner...both at age 21..........

TJ isn't even that.....Oladipo is still just 25.....and we have rookies we haven't seen yet

I know we didn't plan this...but we got young and stayed competitive

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

To have Sabonis and Myles Turner...both at age 21..........

TJ isn't even that.....Oladipo is still just 25.....and we have rookies we haven't seen yet

Good point , the upside of that is the rookies are very young and don't have to be forced in letting them grow and take things in. Those rookies have talent , were they NBA ready probably not really but down the road I think they will fit nicely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Good point , the upside of that is the rookies are very young and don't have to be forced in letting them grow and take things in. Those rookies have talent , were they NBA ready probably not really but down the road I think they will fit nicely.

Pacers have a Playoff team brewing which I will take right now after losing PG. Not sure how far we can go but they play hard every night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers have a Playoff team brewing which I will take right now after losing PG. Not sure how far we can go but they play hard every night.

All you can ask for , something we were not used to seeing before or at least not for some time.

11 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

That's true..

I know we had the rookie center from UCLA Ike Anigbogu (I cant spell his name) down in Fort Wayne and I heard he's healthy and played a couple of games..

He's 19.......

The boy from Xavier (our 2nd round draft choice) is still recovering from knee surgery....

If he comes back full strength...They said he would have been a late round No,. 1

Glenn Robinson is just 24  (seems like he'd have to be older but he isn't)

......Our today isn't bad and our tomorrow looks very good

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

:thmup: = LIKE. I agree, I looked at us as maybe winning 35 games at the beginning of the season. As of now I think we can make the Playoffs.

The East is tougher...

Philadelphia changes things a lot..The Knicks are a little better..

.....But the Bulls were a playoff team last year and they wont be this time...

Nets aren't going to be top-8

WE were the 7th seed last year and we could, be again

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

:thmup: = LIKE. I agree, I looked at us as maybe winning 35 games at the beginning of the season. As of now I think we can make the Playoffs.

This team is growing and barring injuries may be better than you think. The great thing is they are willing to work to get there as a team . Refreshing not to see Me Me Me  syndrome .

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

This team is growing and barring injuries may be better than you think. The great thing is they are willing to get there as a team . Refreshing not to see Me Me Me  syndrome .

Yeah I haven't had this much fun watching a Pacers team since we got really Good in 2013 with PG/West/Roy/Lance/Hill as youngsters.

• Like 2

I know the day of trading our older players is coming.....

I want to keep Young and Bogdanovic....they have shown they are starting players..

But they'd be great bench players on a championship team and others teams will be calling us about them

What would Boston give us for Bogdonavic?   Or OKC for Young?

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Don't know if he plays tonight or not but I heard last night that it's just a knee bruise. Nothing too serious but he may miss a game or two. 

He went to the back last night but came back to the bench just never went back in lance was just playing perfect we played great if we can improve our defensive rebounding we can make a deep playoff run 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm not talking about OKC I'm talking about Vic playing better as the leader of the pacers

Dipo is perfect for Indiana, he loves it here, like Lance does. Dipo deep down knows it's his team so he has the fire to prove it and feels comfortable. Chemistry sometimes over rules Talent. Bogdonavic for example is a perfect fit in our Offense, he gets open looks all day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dipo is perfect for Indiana, he loves it here, like Lance does. Dipo deep down knows it's his team so he has the fire to prove it and feels comfortable. Chemistry sometimes over rules Talent. Bogdonavic for example is a perfect fit in our Offense, he gets open looks all day.

Bog is one of the best shooting big men I've seen the Pacers have. He could pull up from half court and I'd half expect it to go down haha

• Like 1