Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Warriors just have loaded firepower, Durant with a fadeaway then Curry for 3. Warriors back up 4. Celtics are probably 1 year away once Hayward gets healthy. Hayward gives them another guy that can score 15-20 points and hit 3's. To beat the Warriors you need Great Defense and Great Offense.

The fact Boston is in this NOW speaks volumes to me.

What is amazing is they missed loads of shots tonight and had many turnovers. But you can say the same for GS.

Celtics are still an EXCELLENT defense team. GS averages about 120 plus a game.

Absolutely stunning. I just caught my breath I think. I cannot even believe their defense limited the Warriors so much and they won on such an awful shooting night themselves.

Unbelievable.

Brad Stevens is like........NBA super hero. Love this man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Absolutely stunning. I just caught my breath I think. I cannot even believe their defense limited the Warriors so much and they won on such an awful shooting night themselves.

Unbelievable.

Brad Stevens is like........NBA super hero. Love this man.

Stevens is the new Pop or new Kerr, however you want to look at it. I still think the Warriors will be nearly impossible to beat in a series but it's Boston night tonight, so congrats to them. Hell of a win!

• Like 1

Kyrie got rid of the face mask for the 4th. I think that thing inhibits his breathing or vision or something.

Sorry Lebron, I am rooting for Boston ahead of you. Celtics in the finals would bring us some NEEDED young defensive intensity and spark. Not sure if it happens but it's what we need in this league right now.

And the Warriors play bad aazz D too when they want to. OMG this game was just so awesome on the defensive level.

Just wish Marcus Smart could hit a freaking bucket..........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stevens is the new Pop or new Kerr, however you want to look at it. I still think the Warriors will be nearly impossible to beat in a series but it's Boston night tonight, so congrats to them. Hell of a win!

I been saying for the last year I wanted to see what Brad Stevens could cook up for the Warriors over the slop Lue and the Cavs do.

What the Cavs do is try to just OUTSCORE the Warriors since their lazy aazzes won't play hard defense.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think the Cavs go to Boston on like February 11th and it's the same night as the Paul Pierce number retirement ceremony.

If the Celtics want to make another statement game, that would be the day to do it.

Don't count LeBron out yet - he Top 5-10 best ever, I Thomas hasn't played yet either. LeBron wont go out easy. They still have guys like Love and Korver that hit 3's out of the rear end on any given night too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't count LeBron out yet - he Top 5-10 best ever, I Thomas hasn't played yet either. LeBron wont go out easy. They still have guys like Love and Korver that hit 3's out of the rear end on any given night too.

Oh you know me, I respect the hell out of Lebron. I wish he would shave off that awful beard though, yuck. A lot of experienced players on the Cavs who can score.

If the Celtics want to win the east, they got to like play gang defense on Lebron or something IMO. lmao

As for IT, going to be interesting. Without IT Boston improved dramatically on defense, go figure. It is just another scoring threat for Cleveland if he's healthy but I am CONFIDENT Brad Stevens knows how to limit IT. 

Korver don't scare me much, he's streaky. Kevin Love has often been the Boston killer actually. 

It will be better if guys like those on TNT and people in general still pencil in Lebron for the finals. Since the east does belong to Lebron until someone takes it away from him again. The last time I think he lost the east was to the KG/Pierce Celtics. 

I don't want Cavs/Warriors though, seen this movie before. I think Cleveland's bench might be better this year but I do not trust Lue at all or that team defensively to make it a long series again. At least with the Celtics you know they can hang with the Warriors with strong defense, I am curious later to see how the Celtics perform in Golden State. Out there I think it will be tougher to come back in a game. In Boston it was easier to get back in it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To further this point though, beating GS is a big confidence booster for the Celtics but getting past "the Lebron hurdle" might be tougher to do actually. Since he has been a thorn in their backsides forever..........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Oh you know me, I respect the hell out of Lebron. I wish he would shave off that awful beard though, yuck. A lot of experienced players on the Cavs who can score.

If the Celtics want to win the east, they got to like play gang defense on Lebron or something IMO. lmao

As for IT, going to be interesting. Without IT Boston improved dramatically on defense, go figure. It is just another scoring threat for Cleveland if he's healthy but I am CONFIDENT Brad Stevens knows how to limit IT. 

Korver don't scare me much, he's streaky. Kevin Love has often been the Boston killer actually. 

It will be better if guys like those on TNT and people in general still pencil in Lebron for the finals. Since the east does belong to Lebron until someone takes it away from him again. The last time I think he lost the east was to the KG/Pierce Celtics. 

I don't want Cavs/Warriors though, seen this movie before. I think Cleveland's bench might be better this year but I do not trust Lue at all or that team defensively to make it a long series again. At least with the Celtics you know they can hang with the Warriors with strong defense, I am curious later to see how the Celtics perform in Golden State. Out there I think it will be tougher to come back in a game. In Boston it was easier to get back in it.

LeBron is this generation's greatest player much like Kareem was in the 70's, Magic in the 80's, Jordan in the 90's, Kobe in the 2000's. Since 2011 it's been LeBron's world, he hasn't missed a Finals since 2010. Until he loses in the East, I wont believe it until I see it.

• Like 1

Got to head to bed, but this was fun tonight. Felt like a postseason game with that intensity. :rock:Maybe a bad or questionable call here and there but I am not going to go nuts on it since it happens a lot in anyone's arena. I am trying to ignore that whining I hear.

One more shout out to Jaylen Brown and Brad Stevens!!!!!!!:rock:

Also Brown's best friend died last night apparently, something tragic happened.:( He almost didn't even play tonight either but somehow got inspired.

• Like 1

What Curry said tonight. lmao 

I can only hope.......

Back to sleep.:sleepy: I am so into this though lately that the other night I dreamed I was playing cards with Kyrie Irving for like 10 minutes. lmao In the past I used to dream about hanging out with Kobe Bryant. I know, I be nuts at times. lmao 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jules said:

What Curry said tonight. lmao 

I can only hope.......

Back to sleep.:sleepy: I am so into this though lately that the other night I dreamed I was playing cards with Kyrie Irving for like 10 minutes. lmao In the past I used to dream about hanging out with Kobe Bryant. I know, I be nuts at times. lmao 

I have the funniest dreams too. After the Warriors won it all last year there was one night I was dreaming a lot and then it ended up being me and Curry shooting half court shots against one another and everything was going in. We were both dancing around after every shot. Durant was in the bleachers in an empty stadium watching eating popcorn l lmao. I also once had a dream where Peyton was throwing me 20 yard passes over and over while drinking Budweiser.

7 hours ago, Jules said:

This feels like a finals game. lmao 

Wait, there wasn't a top NFL game on last night? Only a November.. NOVEMBER basketball game hahaha. 

I sadly fell asleep at the beginning of the 4th :(. The Warriors seemed to really slow down toward the end of the 3rd. Wow the Celtics are really making a statement early! 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Wait, there wasn't a top NFL game on last night? Only a November.. NOVEMBER basketball game hahaha. 

I sadly fell asleep at the beginning of the 4th :(. The Warriors seemed to really slow down toward the end of the 3rd. Wow the Celtics are really making a statement early! 

Celtics are the 3rd youngest team in the NBA. They are going to be a force for years. I still think the Warriors end up winning it all but after this season especially with Hayward back, the C's will probably dominate. I didn't even watch the Football game, Steelers killed the Titans.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Celtics are the 3rd youngest team in the NBA. They are going to be a force for years. I still think the Warriors end up winning it all but after this season especially with Hayward back, the C's will probably dominate. I didn't even watch the Football game, Steelers killed the Titans.

Yeah, the Warriors are going to win it all still. I usually hate ALL Boston teams but, the Celtics are okay I guess. I really like Brad Stevens, and Gordon Hayward. 

I only watched a few plays of the football game, only to see the whole skycam broadcast. It was pretty interesting 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:44 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Was looking at the East standings and we are currently 10th but I think we are better than Knicks and Magic, 2 teams that are in front of us. Magic have came back down to earth and are losing now, they are only 1 game ahead of us. Knicks are 1.5 ahead of us and other than Porzingis they aren't much IMO. The other teams ahead of us are really good though, 76ers are much improved, Bucks are Good now as well. An 8th Seed is doable for the Pacers is what I am thinking and that would get us into the Playoffs. You have the Celtics, Cavs who we all know will get on a run, Raptors, Wizards, Pistons, Bucks, and 76ers all who are either improved, Good, or Very Good then possibly we sneak in at #8? Just early guesses as there is a long long ways to go.

The east has gotten a lot better..I think we're as good as Detroit but even that would only get us to No. 7.

Its going to be tougher than I thought.

We could be a game or two over .500 and miss the post-season

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I do not know how Boston is doing what they're doing....

....They are defeating teams with superior talent.

But its a long season

They hustle and give 100% every night, most teams don't + It's Coaching. Stevens IMO is becoming the best Coach in the league. How do the Pats win when Brady is out, it's because of their Coach and they give 100%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They hustle and give 100% every night, most teams don't + It's Coaching. Stevens IMO is becoming the best Coach in the league. How do the Pats win when Brady is out, it's because of their Coach and they give 100%.

I know we're biased.  But nobody in the NBA hustles and gives 100% every night because of the coach'

I don't believe in the all-powerful genius of Brad Stevens.  The NBA simply doenst work that way...as you have told me many times

You and I both have preached that you must have talent. You cant win without superstars.

That's not a great team.  Marcus Smart is the worst offensive player in the NBA.

Take away Kyrie and that team is the Pacers

I'm just not buying Boston as a Top-4 team in the East yet.

Edited by oldunclemark

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I know we're biased.  But nobody in the NBA hustles and gives 100% every night because of the coach'

I don't believe in the all-powerful genius of Brad Stevens.  The NBA simply doenst work that way...as you have told me many times

You and I both have preached that you must have talent. You cant win without superstars.

That's not a great team.  Marcus Smart is the worst offensive player in the NBA.

Take away Kyrie and that team is the Pacers

They have a SuperStar = Kyrie Irving + the best Coach in the league and Role Players that dive after loose balls and play 1990's type of Defense.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have a SuperStar = Kyrie Irving + the best Coach in the league and Role Players that dive after loose balls and play 1990's type of Defense.

Memphis dives after loose balls like its 1990..

You told me you need three superstars or you have no chance. Remember?

Anybody who has no superstars has no chance and there's no point in following them...

Only Pillsbury goes anywhere with 'roll' players

Milwaukee has far more talent than Boston.  SO does Philadelphia.

Either talent wins as you have preached ...or it doesnt

I'm just saying.  Don't get caught up in the wind....Brad Stevens is not the best coach in the NBA. Stop.  we're 20 games in....

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Anybody who has no superstars has no chance and there's no point in following them...

I'm just saying.  Don't get caught up in the wind....Brad Stevens is not the best coach in the NBA. Stop.  we're 20 games in....

I think you are massively underrating how good of a coach Brad is. He was one of the best coaches in College basketball when he was at Butler. Boston was pretty bad when he first took over, and they've gotten better every year since hes been there and will probably be the #1 team in the East, and with a good chance to make the finals. The dude can coach.

• Like 1

I am stopping by briefly now since I can't be on tonight. I am working but taking a break since I still am in an NBA frenzy. lmao 

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You sound like Barkley, he seems not happy with the Celtics surge either.  Shaq is ready to pummel him. Oh mark.......sigh. Seriously? What else do they have to do for you? Set themselves on fire naked at halftime? 

Marcus Smart is the worst offensive player in the NBA.

And arguably the best defensive guard in the NBA this year or in the top group. He flat out shut down Curry last night too. You hear much from the Splash Brothers in this game? Marcus Smart is in a scoring slump big time but if he can ever start hitting those shots again it would be amazing. But he does so much on defense I am not sure they ask him to score a ton.

Wait until they shut down Isaiah Thomas later on........

You can't shut down guys like Leborn and Durant though, you have to live with them getting baskets at times.

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pretty crazy what Boston has been able to do without arguably their best player.

Brad deserves a ton of credit. Not many teams could do what they are doing if their best player were to be out all year.

I don't think Gordon Hayward was Boston's best player. Arguably #2 though. Kyrie Irving and Al Horford IMO are both better all around players than Gordon Hayward. But I always figured the best player the Celtics had was Kyrie.

Believe me I love Gordon and the Celtics might need him badly later on........he is also a product of Brad Stevens too who found him at Butler. 

Gordon is great but losing him is not like losing Lebron or Durant. It's still replaceable by committee. Gordon going down badly though kinda rallied the troops together in a weird way since it was so traumatic and also forced Jayson Tatum to step up in a big role. Tatum being this smooth as a rookie is saving Boston as well. If they drafted Fultz or Ball they would have been screwed since they needed an immediate impact.

The unsung hero of the Celtics this year is clearly Al Horford, he is quietly the most underrated big man in the game right now.

Kyrie though is demanding so much attention on the court that he is arguably their MVP even though his stats are down this year so far compared to his Cavs days with Lebron. And Kyrie is the Celtics closer in the 4th quarter.

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You can argue the Wizards had a ton more talent then Boston did last year but still lost a 7 game series to them in the playoffs. 

Talent is important, but coaching/effort/hunger is just as important too. I mean for years when Peyton was still here in the mid to late 2000's how often did we hear the Chargers were the most talented team in the AFC? And they never got to the Super Bowl either. Patriots are hardly ever the most talented team in the league, but they find ways to win games.

But who is to say the Celtics don't have underrated talent? I mean sure they don't have the group of marquee scoring machine highlight reel players ESPN always blabs about. But you can argue that both Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are potential super stars in the making too. Kyrie and Horford are both 4 time all stars each. Horford nobody ever seems to care about and Kyrie is still only 25 and won a game 7 in the finals.

Aron Baynes is some gem too that Danny Ainge seemed to find who is Australian or something. He's so strong he broke a bone in Kyrie's face.

4 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Exactly, baffling. but soo many close games that could easily go the other way. Still extremely early, but off to such a nice start 

Very true, still early here in November and come April we'll see what it looks like. I got no doubt though Boston won't finish the year first or second in the east. They are just too motivated and confident. Getting to the finals though is another story, I think getting by Cleveland will be very tough. 

It's fun though and very refreshing to watch this streak.

If Boston has one weakness to me it's the depth and bench. I don't think they can afford to lose anyone else for the rest of the year, with a serious injury. They need to keep this current group in tact to be together for the playoffs. They scrap a lot out there when they have players miss games but they can't have this happen in the postseason against say Cleveland. 

And also it's worth keeping an eye on Brown and Tatum too and if they ever hit a slump this season being so young.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't recall saying 3 SuperStars but to beat the Warriors it may take 3. I think teams do need at least 1 to win a Championship. The only team that I can recall that won a Championship without a SuperStar was the 2004 Pistons. I could even argue that Billups was a SuperStar. Kyrie Irving is a SuperStar so Boston has their 1 + 6 or 7 Good Role Players + probably the best Coach in the league. Do I think they will beat a healthy Warriors team in June if it comes to that? No but it could go 6 or 7.