Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Look who is on their team Dwight 'Spineless' Howard, most overrated player of all-time. Nevertheless I agree still a miracle win considering Kyrie and Horford were out.

I know, it's funny how Dwight Howard is "that guy" who never seems to go away in the NBA. lmao 

Just now, Jules said:

Good win for the Pacers. You all are doing better right now than OKC. lmao 

But to be fair, I think maybe later the offense for OKC clicks somehow. They can play defense but they got some issues for some reason. 

I'm not understanding why OKC is having such a tough time...

Russell with the ball...Carmelo posting up and PG on the wing..

what's so hard????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm not understanding why OKC is having such a tough time...

Russell with the ball...Carmelo posting up and PG on the wing..

what's so hard????

Defensively OKC is ranked #2 in the league as well. 

Makes no sense to me either. The defense seems to be there, must be some sort of chemistry issue they have yet to work out on offense.

Maybe later it clicks or something I don't know but it is odd I agree.

15 minutes ago, Jules said:

I know, it's funny how Dwight Howard is "that guy" who never seems to go away in the NBA. lmao 

Everywhere he goes his teams stink. He should've never left Orlando, he had a great thing going there in 2009. They beat LeBron's Cavs and went to the Finals, since then he hasn't done anything on the floor worth spit! He was lousy in LA and in Houston.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's early in the year, they will get it together. They have blown at least 4 or 5 games in the 4th Qtr.

Someone on the OKC team said they weren't worried, don't remember who it was. But it's definitely going to keep taking time for them to get the offense gelling. The defense is certainly capable so far but they need the shots to go rolling in.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

OKC won, PG had 42 Points! I would say they got him going.

I don't think OKC knows how good Paul George is..

They need to give Melo his career achievement award,..and about 15 touches a game

..and have Russell feed Paul George the ball....

They aren't the 'Big-3'  They are the Big 2 and the guy who used to be Melo

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think OKC knows how good Paul George is..

They need to give Melo his career achievement award,..and about 15 touches a game

..and have Russell feed Paul George the ball....

They aren't the 'Bg-3'  They are the Big 2 and the guy who used to be Melo

Basketball is such a long season. I think OKC is starting realize who's who. Melo is still a Good player but I agree PG and Westbrook are the Superstars. Once they start to jell they will be tough to beat. They are in a Division they should win as well.

OKC should be fine. I heard a good comparison on tv that the current OKC team looks a lot like that Miami Heat team when Lebron first went there. The Heat that year didn't start out that hot either but eventually figured it out more and came together. Those Heat teams played good defense too like the current Thunder.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jules said:

OKC should be fine. I heard a good comparison on tv that the current OKC team looks a lot like that Miami Heat team when Lebron first went there. The Heat that year didn't start out that hot either but eventually figured it out more and came together. Those Heat teams played good defense too like the current Thunder.

You Night Owl, what are you still doing up :agree: You are like me, I am always up late.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You Night Owl, what are you still doing up :agree: You are like me, I am always up late.

I have had an on and off cold lately too, doing better but I kinda been weird with sleeping lately. Nodding off soon but I was up listening to some NBA stuff on tv and doing some research. My sister and boyfriend both fall asleep fast usually but it often can take me a while to settle down during sports seasons. haha 

Some say to watch out for the Bucks too but I got to see it to believe it, but they certainly are pushing the Greek Freak hype BIG in the east, almost like some sort of Lebron James replacement for the future.......or thats my opinion. 

Also the Detroit Pistons are baffling people.......

I also sometimes lurk at the Celtics/Cavs/Lakers forums too much. lmao 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Basketball is such a long season. I think OKC is starting realize who's who. Melo is still a Good player but I agree PG and Westbrook are the Superstars. Once they start to jell they will be tough to beat. They are in a Division they should win as well.

What does 'tough to beat' mean??

They have one year with Paul George. This is a all-or-nothing thing

Paul says he will be a Laker next year  OKC is on a different clock than others

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

What does 'tough to beat' mean??

They have one year with Paul George. This is a all-or-nothing thing

Paul says he will be a Laker next year  OKC is on a different clock than others

If OKC has a good year (and they probably will) why would he go to the Lakers lol. They have good young talent but they are far from being a good team. 

26 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

If OKC has a good year (and they probably will) why would he go to the Lakers lol. They have good young talent but they are far from being a good team. 

Rock...Bless your heart...   but we went through this all last year

Paul George has made it no secret that he has always wanted to pay for the Lakers, remember?

Jimmy Kimmel wants him. Magic Johnson wants him. They have no max players. Money is no object.

I didn't buy it until his agent told the Pacers that 'no matter what happens' he will sign with Lakers after his contract is up.........he didn't say he wanted to go to a good team..he said he wanted to play for the Lakers

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lonzo had a TDB tonight with 19 Points, 13 Assists, and 12 Rebounds. He also shot 7-12 and 3-5 from 3. Much better but Lakers lose to the Bucks 98-90. Bucks are going to start becoming a dangerous team IMO.

Yeah he had a great night. He also just beat a Lebron record lmao.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/12/lonzo-ball-now-has-a-record-lebron-james-doesnt/

Ball became the youngest player in NBA history to record a triple-double when he had 17 points, 13 assists and 12 rebounds. At 20 years and 15 days, he bested LeBron James by four days to become the youngest to accomplish the feat.

The accomplishment meant little to Ball, given the outcome.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

It will be interesting for sure to see what he does in the offseason. I have my eye on OKC too since they eerily resemble the Miami Heat when Lebron first went there. That team was a top defense (like OKC currently is) but they started shaky and it took them a while to get going and gel. And they were underdogs to the Boston Celtics that year actually which kinda reminds me of this years Warriors being the favorites in the west.

Not saying it is going to happen for OKC this year making the finals but they are more probable IMO to do it then say Houston or San Antonio maybe if GS got upset. Houston doesn't lose much but I don't trust them yet. SA is the nostalgic favorite but they often seem to get up big on the Warriors then lose the game.

I would rather see OKC get a crack at the Warriors in the WCFs if it comes down to that over other teams.

Of course as it stands now the Thunder are not even in the playoffs but hopefully this all changes in a few months.

15 minutes ago, Jules said:

It will be interesting for sure to see what he does in the offseason. I have my eye on OKC too since they eerily resemble the Miami Heat when Lebron first went there. That team was a top defense (like OKC currently is) but they started shaky and it took them a while to get going and gel. And they were underdogs to the Boston Celtics that year actually which kinda reminds me of this years Warriors being the favorites in the west.

Not saying it is going to happen for OKC this year making the finals but they are more probable IMO to do it then say Houston or San Antonio maybe if GS got upset. Houston doesn't lose much but I don't trust them yet. SA is the nostalgic favorite but they often seem to get up big on the Warriors then lose the game.

I would rather see OKC get a crack at the Warriors in the WCFs if it comes down to that over other teams.

Of course as it stands now the Thunder are not even in the playoffs but hopefully this all changes in a few months.

OKC will be fine and win that Division easily IMO, what Seed they will be is really hard to project though.

Man, I am kicking myself. I was looking into Celtics vs Warrior tickets for tomorrow back in August. Then I started a new job, life got busy, basketball season started up quick, and here we are!

Again, with a pretty good matchup tomorrow on TNF.. my main attention will be on a regular season NBA game in November.. ratings :scorebad:..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Man, I am kicking myself. I was looking into Celtics vs Warrior tickets for tomorrow back in August. Then I started a new job, life got busy, basketball season started up quick, and here we are!

Again, with a pretty good matchup tomorrow on TNF.. my main attention will be on a regular season NBA game in November.. ratings :scorebad:..

This should be an entertaining game, Boston has won 13 in a row.

Was looking at the East standings and we are currently 10th but I think we are better than Knicks and Magic, 2 teams that are in front of us. Magic have came back down to earth and are losing now, they are only 1 game ahead of us. Knicks are 1.5 ahead of us and other than Porzingis they aren't much IMO. The other teams ahead of us are really good though, 76ers are much improved, Bucks are Good now as well. An 8th Seed is doable for the Pacers is what I am thinking and that would get us into the Playoffs. You have the Celtics, Cavs who we all know will get on a run, Raptors, Wizards, Pistons, Bucks, and 76ers all who are either improved, Good, or Very Good then possibly we sneak in at #8? Just early guesses as there is a long long ways to go.