Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defensive expectations

CR91

44 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Really? Sure didn't seem that way. 

True true. But what good is getting a stop only to be back out there 45 seconds later?

Yeah, I didn't expect them to be top 10 either.

I have very high expectations for this defense with one caveat. Its a big one, though. Henry Anderson and Clayton Geathers have to be healthy. If they are, the defensive coaches should have loads of options for packages previously unavailable. We'll see if Pagano can really coach up a defense. I for one believe he can. 

5 minutes ago, bleevit said:

I have very high expectations for this defense with one caveat. Its a big one, though. Henry Anderson and Clayton Geathers have to be healthy. If they are, the defensive coaches should have loads of options for packages previously unavailable. We'll see if Pagano can really coach up a defense. I for one believe he can. 

You mean Monachino?

I'm cautiously optimistic. If the team on a whole(for the most part), and can avoid serious injuries(here's where the optimism comes in), I think the D could be good/great. Here's to hoping we catch a break or two this season, because the Colts are due(imo). 

On 5/16/2017 at 8:26 PM, BProland85 said:

That's awesome where in south Arica are you vacationing? My bucket list includes visiting there and seeing Victoria Falls and Cape Town to do a little great white cage diving. 

It was great. I was in Durban. 

I'm very excited to see who makes the final cut as well as starters.  

They're young, but we possibly added some real playmakers to our back-end in hooker and wilson that can grow together with a (also hopefully) geathers and green: the LB crew has been toatally revamped.  This was probablybour weakest point.  While we may not have gotten any of the big names some wanted, Ballard did bring in some interesting candidates. Blue collar, lunchpail guys that are ready to breakout.  Spence, simon, mingo, etc. LB will be fun to watch this year, wait and see.  I'm really excited about our DL prospects. This could be a strength for us if things pan out.

the biggest thing that strikes me is the level of competition being created at ALL POSITIONS. No one is safe.  This will be infectious throughout the locker room.  This team should be sharp, focused and hungry come week one.  We're young and will make mistakes.  But i see a boatload of upside and potential on this team that i havent seen for a while. Cuts are gonna be brutal this year.

our D is definitely trending up, imo.  We're not there yet, but we have a few potential playmakers at multiple levels that we can build on.... i think.

Overall?   Me likey.  Me likey very much.

On 5/20/2017 at 0:16 AM, southwest1 said:

The Dark Continent is definitely an off the beaten path to spend on holiday CR91. You get props for say skipping Miami or another conventional vacation spot. 

When most people envision leisure, Nelson Mandela's home isn't at the top of their list. A+ on the dare to be different front my friend. :hat:

well it was more my wife's idea haha, but we had a great time. their beaches are beautiful

On 5/20/2017 at 3:35 AM, theanarchist said:

I don't think it can. Not until we get a legit big time pass rusher. We don't have one yet. It could be an improved pass rush but until we prove we can put consistent pressure on the passer no.

proven no, but we do have potential with simon sheard and basham. I also have a good feeling about sickel

On 5/16/2017 at 3:28 PM, will426 said:

Eh our end result for offense is nice and all but last year if our defense matched out offense  we still would've lost lol..being that the offense only played in the 4th qtr mainly I want them both to be prepared this year equally through all phases of the game 

our offense does have issues being consistent. hopefully we can get more out of the run game and luck will get more time to avoid losing tempo in our drives and stop playing catch up all game

On May 28, 2017 at 2:51 PM, CR91 said:

well it was more my wife's idea haha, but we had a great time. their beaches are beautiful

Kudos to your lovely wife then CR91. I'm glad you 2 had a blast, saw something new, & returned refreshed, renewed, & no malaria or other unwanted ailment or disease. 

Pictures? The rest of the class demands that you share you know. Just joking my man! :D

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Kudos to your lovely wife then CR91. I'm glad you 2 had a blast, saw something new, & returned refreshed, renewed, & no malaria or other unwanted ailment or disease. 

Pictures? The rest of the class demands that you share you know. Just joking my man! :D

Once I upload some pics to my computer, Ill create a thread of my trip