Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.y Hilton Ranked #61 on nfl top 100 list

Austin Leonard

I quit watching this show a couple of years ago because after watching it for the first 2 or 3 years, I found this list of players to be really terrible each season. The NFL Network plays it off and says it's the players that vote but I have yet seen 1 player come on that Network and say they had a vote. I have seen several say they didn't even vote. Has Andrew Luck been listed yet? He was #92 last season that I do know and that is a joke in itself.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I quit watching this show a couple of years ago because after watching it for the first 2 or 3 years, I found this list of players to be really terrible each season. The NFL Network plays it off and says it's the players that vote but I have yet seen 1 player come on that Network and say they had a vote. I have seen several say they didn't even vote. Has Andrew Luck been listed yet? He was #92 last season that I do know and that is a joke in itself.

He hasn't been listed yet, but he will be. Probably not as near as what I think he should be either.

14 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I know that it's just a popularity contest, but I still think it's disrespectful. He's the season leader in receiving yards. I can't believe Dez is going to be ranked higher than him smh...

The players vote for this so it's honestly about as legit of a voting system as you could ask for.

It's tough to put TY in the top 50 considering he didn't even lead his own team in TD catches. Leading the league in yardage is really impressive, but Moncreif managed 7TDs to Hilton's 6 (tied w/ Dwayne Allen), while playing in 7 less games.

I love TY, but his number of TDs could be higher for all the yardage he racks up, & IMO that's probably why he's not higher in these rankings. TDs are likely the first thing these guys look at when they vote.

10 minutes ago, Austin Leonard said:

led the league in tds

Which apparently doesn't mean anything, because no one wants him except New England. I wish the Colts could find players like that on the top #100 list that no one wants for dirt cheap.

3 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Which apparently doesn't mean anything, because no one wants him except New England. I wish the Colts could find players like that on the top #100 list that no one wants for dirt cheap.

I think it's because he's 31 & he took a BEATING last year. If he had that identical season but was 3-4 years younger, AND a free agent, he wouldn't be on the market very long.

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I think it's because he's 31 & he took a BEATING last year. If he had that identical season but was 3-4 years younger, AND a free agent, he wouldn't be on the market very long.

And hadn't been such a headcase outside of NE.

But there were certainly more than 79 players that were better last year than Blount.

Don't get to worked up about it. Talking heads with heads talking out their * most of the time. Total popularity contest! If he was a cowboy or patriot, would be much higher. That's why I don't watch anymore. Plus I know all they talk about is Brady being immortal, especially since the SB! Save your health!!

1. TY is one of those guys who will always be underrated. He game doesn't have the flash to it that wins popularity contests with run of the mill football fans. More of a quiet storm. I think he's probably 25-35. If his deep routes had time to develop I think we would see his TD numbers improve. His size kills him in the red zone. Marvin was lethal on those timed quick slants and could bait defenders into selling out inside just to bounce outside. I just wish Luck and TY could get on the same page with that. But hey there's only one 18 to 88 right?

15 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Lost all credibility when it said "61"

Blows my mind how he is only 61?

IDC who the player is, if a player leads the league in yards in something they should be higher than this.

Top 100 list every year is a joke. They say they don't take postseason into consideration but the qbs who were in the Super Bowl automatically go top 10 and if the team didn't play very well than people who don't deserve it like ty and Andrew get to be a lot lower than they should. I remember Andrews video in the top 100 2 years ago was just a 5 minute montage of him getting destroyed by pass rushers and him complimenting them. The hits he's taken in his career so far I'm happy we have new guys in the front office looking to fix things. 

Tough to go from unrated to top 20 the next year.  He's on it now.  Another year like this and he'll move up.  I would bet most of the players outside of the WR's couldn't even remember who led the league in yards this past season.

On 5/15/2017 at 9:39 PM, ReMeDy said:

He is on the Eagles.

He's a pretty darn good RB in the NFL.  Definitely worthy of a top 100 ranking after an 1,161 yard, 18 TD season.

4 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

He is on the Eagles.

He's a pretty darn good RB in the NFL.  Definitely worthy of a top 100 ranking after an 1,161 yard, 18 TD season.

He might still get cut though before the regular season, but we'll see.

17 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

He might still get cut though before the regular season, but we'll see.

That has nothing to do with him being in the top 100 after last year.  He averaged just under 4 ypc, led the NFL in TDs (averaging >1 TD per game) and was 8th overall in total yards.

The votes in this thing are based on how the player performed the previous season.  Blount's performance was deserving of top 100, for sure.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:43 AM, Zap Rowsdower said:
  1. TY is one of those guys who will always be underrated. He game doesn't have the flash to it that wins popularity contests with run of the mill football fans. More of a quiet storm. I think he's probably 25-35. If his deep routes had time to develop I think we would see his TD numbers improve. His size kills him in the red zone. Marvin was lethal on those timed quick slants and could bait defenders into selling out inside just to bounce outside. I just wish Luck and TY could get on the same page with that. But hey there's only one 18 to 88 right?

Agreed. For some reason, the NFL is obsessed with size. All the best WR's are touted as either being tall (Randy Moss), big hands (Odell Beckam), or physical (Andre Johnson). I guess it's just not sexy to say a receiver is a fast short guy, unless you're playing for New England.

On 5/15/2017 at 7:52 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Come on now.....     in every clip of every player you see players interviews.    They're talking about the player being profiled.     Those players are voters.

It's not that hard to figure out.

The problem with the vote is the network doesn't tell you how many voted.    Which tells you that the number is likely small.     The larger the number the more credibility it would have and the more the network would talk that up.      But they don't.     Which means the number is likely small and embarrassing.

The show is flawed....    but not enough to get bent out of shape over which some in this thread do every year....