Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts waive 5 players and sign 5 tryout players following Rookie Mini-camp (Merge)

stitches

He was part of the tryout group. It's still uncertain who lost his place in the Colts 90.

He played 20 games for South Dakota, recording 131 total tackles (69 solo), eight passes defended, four interceptions and 6.5 tackles for loss.

Here are his measurables from his pro-day: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=123187&draftyear=2017&genpos=SS

Heigth: 6'1.25"

Weight: 208 lbs

Dates: 03/29/17
Height: 6012
Weight: 208
40 Yrd Dash: 4.56
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.63

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.30
3-Cone Drill: 7.21

Seems like we've signed a second of the tryout guys - Kennesaw State CB Dante' Blackmon.

He is 5'10.4" 193lbs cornerback. Here are his measurables from his pro-day:

Dates: 03/17/17
Height: 5104
Weight: 193
40 Yrd Dash: 4.53
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.64
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 16
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.40
3-Cone Drill: 6.72

He had 8 interceptions(1 returned for TD) and 17 passes defended over the last 2 years in Kennesaw State.

Colts just released the full list of signed and released players:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Make-Several-Roster-Moves-Following-Rookie-Minicamp/6d6a7d92-ee6e-4147-9318-ffbe596b67ec

Signed:

free agent

OG-Blake Muir

four undrafted free agents:

CB-Danté Blackmon,

S-Tyson Graham,

WR-Al-Damion Riles

OT-Andrew Wylie.

Released/waived:

C/G-Austin Blythe (2016 seventh-round pick)

CB-Franke Williams (Purdue).

WR-Jerome Lane,

CB-Chris Lyles and

G-Chris Muller.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Hey, they released C/G-Austin Blythe! :dunno:

I was surprised at first, but then I realized we signed Brian Schwenke in the off-season, so this actually makes sense. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Hey, they released C/G-Austin Blythe! :dunno:

Unfortunately if Ballard is going to preach competition 

then some heads are going to roll. You can bet the 53

that make the team will be motivated and hungry or

their job will be in jeopardy.

8 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Unfortunately if Ballard is going to preach competition 

then some heads are going to roll. You can bet the 53

that make the team will be motivated and hungry or

their job will be in jeopardy.

That is the only way to do it IMO.  Every player on the roster better show up each and every day or go home and let someone else do it.  Once you get comfortable you start to slack off a bit.

4 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

That is the only way to do it IMO.  Every player on the roster better show up each and every day or go home and let someone else do it.  Once you get comfortable you start to slack off a bit.

This way of doing it netted the Pats 5 titles to our 1 in the same

time period. Glad we are moving to a 'not too nice' way of 

building a team.

Just now, dodsworth said:

This way of doing it netted the Pats 5 titles to our 1 in the same

time period. Glad we are moving to a 'not too nice' way of 

building a team.

Completely agree.  We just need a system similar to them as well with solid offensive and defensive schemes haha.  I am liking Ballard more and more each day.  I just hope everything comes together in September.

39 minutes ago, MTC said:

I was surprised at first, but then I realized we signed Brian Schwenke in the off-season, so this actually makes sense. 

Yup. Blythe is okay at center, in a pinch, but backup centers have to have position flexibility, and he has none. Too small and stubby, not strong enough. 

Both 7th rounders from the 2016 draft are now gone -- Blythe and Bates. Bates is still on the Pats roster. Everyone else from the 2016 draft is still on the roster.

setting the tone for camp nothing will be promised...should be some very exciting and extremely intense camp this summer. I though Blythe was ok as well but given we have a solid center now. bringing in more bodies to compete at G/T probably has a lot more to do with it since Blythe doesn't have much flexibility there likely made him more expendable in the big picture. From all the other signings the team looks to be getting bigger and more physical on paper at least will see what that turns out to be soon enough.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He is a Marion native

His Dad played at UK

Well to be technical, he went to Bishop Luers High School in Fort Wayne and left at the start of his senior year for Marion High School.

2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Blackmon? Now that is a cool name. Not know why, but it is. haha

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Think there was a Jags WR with that name too. Never played a game.

Justin Blackmon??? He was drafted just a few picks after Luck in 2012...

He also played that entire 2012 season before he imploded in 2013...