Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady on madden cover

WoolMagnet

I'm a little confused why EA felt the need to include not one, but two Patriots players on back-to-back covers. The last was Gronkowski. EA a bit bias much?

Oh, and yes, Gronk got hit by the curse, because once again he was injured, and more importantly, couldn't play in the Superbowl.

Well I already was picking the NFC to win it all this year. Which NFC team? No idea yet since the NFC is so unpredictable.

As for the curse, you believe in it that much? I thought it was broken?

I doubt anything happens, but at the same time I doubt if Brady does get hurt it's due to a cover. He is going to be 40 (but a very very young 40) and Jimmy G looks more then solid from what we seen from him. I won't even be shocked if Jimmy is the next Steve Young and we are tortured again with him for years on end someday. You know it will happen.......

I've got another concern: Why is Brady yelling? Did he forget his heart medication? Did Giselle make him sleep on the couch? Is he mad EA put him on the cover? What is his story?

lvPTahh.jpg

"IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

11 hours ago, Jules said:

Well I already was picking the NFC to win it all this year. Which NFC team? No idea yet since the NFC is so unpredictable.

I doubt anything happens, but at the same time I doubt if Brady does get hurt it's due to a cover. He is going to be 40 (but a very very young 40) and Jimmy G looks more then solid from what we seen from him. I won't even be shocked if Jimmy is the next Steve Young and we are tortured again with him for years on end someday. You know it will happen.......

Many do believe in the Madden curse...  

Putting Brady on the cover makes sense...    He has led his team to an inconceivable, unbelievable 5 :lombardi: .

Obviously... one of two things will happen.   Brady will debunk the myth of the curse,  OR  he'll go down and the myth continues...   :dunno:      haha 

5 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I've got another concern: Why is Brady yelling? Did he forget his heart medication? Did Giselle make him sleep on the couch? Is he mad EA put him on the cover? What is his story?

lvPTahh.jpg

He could be yelling for several reasons:

1. "The Patriots are the greatest" (his words)

2. :Madden curse, what Madden curse?"

3. "Take that, Goodall!"

It's called the GOAT edition. I would love for a Madden game to come out with the GOAT teams - now that would be worth playing again. I haven't played in years but imagine if a Madden game came out with all the actual players and proper rankings of the greatest teams ever like 2004 Patriots when they were really unbeatable, 1995 Cowboys with Troy, Emmitt, and Michael, 1989 49ers with Joe and Jerry, 1978 Steelers and that Defense, 1966 Packers and their Dynasty, 1972 Dolphins - undefeated, 1985 Bears with that Defense, and yes our 2006 Colts even with Peyton/Marv/Reggie. That would be fun as heck to play.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's called the GOAT edition. I would love for a Madden game to come out with the GOAT teams - now that would be worth playing again. I haven't played in years but imagine if a Madden game came out with all the actual players and proper rankings of the greatest teams ever like 2004 Patriots when they were really unbeatable, 1995 Cowboys with Troy, Emmitt, and Michael, 1989 49ers with Joe and Jerry, 1978 Steelers and that Defense, 1966 Packers and their Dynasty, 1972 Dolphins - undefeated, 1985 Bears with that Defense, and yes our 2006 Colts even with Peyton/Marv/Reggie. That would be fun as heck to play.

Then Madden might be able to hold a candle to NBA2k since they've been doing this for years.. But of course football will remain the same, like always. And will release Madden18 plus and minus a few features from Madden17 and charge us 60.00 a pop plus tax.. then if you buy the download you'll have to wait an extra 10 hours for it to download just so you can play..

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Then Madden might be able to hold a candle to NBA2k since they've been doing this for years.. But of course football will remain the same, like always. And will release Madden18 plus and minus a few features from Madden17 and charge us 60.00 a pop plus tax.. then if you buy the download you'll have to wait an extra 10 hours for it to download just so you can play..

I would love to be able to create a Football game with the GOAT teams on it of the SB era. Maybe an NFL type Playoff tourney with all of the players from each teams and proper ratings of each player. 6 AFC Teams = 1972 Dolphins, 1978 Steelers, 1983 Raiders, 1998 Broncos, 2004 Patriots, 2006 Colts. 6 NFC Teams = 1966 Packers, 1985 Bears, 1986 NY Giants, 1989 49ers, 1991 Redskins, 1995 Cowboys.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to be able to create a Football game with the GOAT teams on it of the SB era. Maybe an NFL type Playoff tourney with all of the players from each teams and proper ratings of each player. 6 AFC Teams = 1972 Dolphins, 1978 Steelers, 1983 Raiders, 1998 Broncos, 2004 Patriots, 2006 Colts. 6 NFC Teams = 1966 Packers, 1985 Bears, 1986 NY Giants, 1989 49ers, 1991 Redskins, 1995 Cowboys.

That's exactly what I've done in NBA2k.. in the playoffs watching the 01 Lakers play the 98 Lakers..96 Bulls sweeping the 13 Heat haha it's pretty cool.

There needs to be that kind of mode in Madden.

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

That's exactly what I've done in NBA2k.. in the playoffs watching the 01 Lakers play the 98 Lakers..96 Bulls sweeping the 13 Heat haha it's pretty cool.

There needs to be that kind of mode in Madden.

Yeah in Basketball I would love to see 100 simulations of the 1987 Lakers vs the 1996 Bulls.

19 hours ago, Gramz said:

Many do believe in the Madden curse...  

Putting Brady on the cover makes sense...    He has led his team to an inconceivable, unbelievable 5 :lombardi: .

Obviously... one of two things will happen.   Brady will debunk the myth of the curse,  OR  he'll go down and the myth continues...   :dunno:      haha 

I will say one thing that is kinda freaky. The Pats do open with the Chiefs this year. They opened with the Chiefs in 2008 when Brady got hurt.:eek:

A lot of Pats fans might want to knock on wood or bring out good luck charms and various things this year early on until it looks like Brady may be in the clear. Sit in good luck poses and stuff too (and yeah I done this before with the Colts lmao).

I am not the superstitious type anymore but with sports sometimes it just brings out the silly in someone and I can get guilty too.

On 5/12/2017 at 8:40 PM, Jules said:

Well, if history is any indication, Pats made to SB when Myra Kraft died. Art Modell died and Ravens won SB. Pat Bowlen stepped down due to Alzheimer's and Broncos win SB. Now, Rooney dies. I am thinking Patriots are upset somewhere in the playoffs (or don't get the #1 seed) and Steelers make SB on the AFC side. That also happens during the years the Colts beat them lately (2005, 2008), so the Colts are also beating the Steelers (my long winded way of saying Pags might get his first win vs the Steelers or Patriots). :) 

Wishing a recovery for Pat Bowlen, and RIP, the rest.

NFC - it will come down to the Packers or Falcons again this year.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Well, if history is any indication, Pats made to SB when Myra Kraft died. Art Modell died and Ravens won SB. Pat Bowlen stepped down due to Alzheimer's and Broncos win SB. Now, Rooney dies. I am thinking Patriots are upset somewhere in the playoffs (or don't get the #1 seed) and Steelers make SB on the AFC side. That also happens during the years the Colts beat them lately (2005, 2008), so the Colts are also beating the Steelers (my long winded way of saying Pags might get his first win vs the Steelers or Patriots). :) 

I agree the Steelers have a shot if they can avoid NE in the playoffs. And Big Ben also follows that odd pattern with Manning/Brady and well this would complete it for the final time with that trio in line for the AFC since Manning can't obviously go back again.

In the NFC I not high at all on the Falcons or Packers at the moment but time will tell. Heck the NFC South never even seems to ever repeat as division champs. I don't trust SB losers and certainly not after that SB blowout loss. But, I won't be shocked if the Falcons have a good start to the year since often they do. 

Packers? Most want them back in the SB every year. And not only do they lose.......they often lose in the postseason in an epic blow out loss that makes my mind spin. 

I am kinda looking into NFC East teams such as the Cowboys or even the Eagles right now. And in typical NFC unpredictable fashion I think a suprise or two will arise along the way.

Oh and I will take that win by the Colts vs. Pittsburgh this year. Would make our season.

On 5/12/2017 at 8:40 PM, Jules said:

Isnt andrew luck the next Steve young? So would that make Jimmy the next Andrew luck? 

On 5/13/2017 at 3:36 AM, ReMeDy said:

lvPTahh.jpg

That picture of Brady is kind of an iconic picture of him to be honest.  Brady is an intense person and more so on the field, and will yell at key times in a game.  After a TD, great play by a teammate, coming onto the field (especially in an important game), etc.

He may yell and fist pump, or yell with both arms in the position on the cover of the game.  

He leads the team on the field and in important games will run sometimes the length of the filed and do this pose, yelling "Lets Goooooooooo . . . Lets Goooooooooo"

There was actually a cool advertisement on NFLN a few years ago showing Brady in this position with his breath showing (so its a cold Foxboro game) and our old radio announcer Gil Santos saying "Foxboro loves Tom Brady"  I tried to find a video of it but could not, but it was one of those 10 second or so station identification they had on NFLN with different players. 

Here is Brady coming out for SB 51

https://offthemonstersports.com/2017/02/tom-brady-screaming-head-off-super-bowl-51-need-get-going/

Sorry do not how to link just the photo so i added the page.  But you can google Brady yells and you should get many photos of him yelling the way he does in the cover. 

here is another angle.  

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/02/06/tom-bradys-super-bowl-jersey-still-missing/

On 5/13/2017 at 11:36 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have not played Madden in years but this would be cool.  However, if i recall from my old Madden they would have all the SB winners,  have they stopped doing this?

On 5/12/2017 at 7:54 PM, ReMeDy said:

I'm a little confused why EA felt the need to include not one, but two Patriots players on back-to-back covers. The last was Gronkowski. EA a bit bias much?

Oh, and yes, Gronk got hit by the curse, because once again he was injured, and more importantly, couldn't play in the Superbowl.

Unless they wanted to get Brady in before he retires and it would be good to get him coming off a SB winning season i guess as opposed to losing in the first round or missing the playoffs.  

Also, for what it is worth, I think Gronk was the first Pats player in the cover of the game. 

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Pats and Pitt play week 15 in Pitt.  That game may well decide the two teams relative seeding if they are both lucky enough to make the playoffs.  

6 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

I have not played Madden in years but this would be cool.  However, if i recall from my old Madden they would have all the SB winners,  have they stopped doing this?

I think they have, I haven't played either in years but I don't think they have the greatest teams on it with each proper player and correct rankings. Man that would be cool, I could play that all day just to get my mind of stuff. Imagine the 2004 Pats vs 1995 Cowboys or 2006 Colts vs 2000 Ravens!

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think they have, I haven't played either in years but I don't think they have the greatest teams on it with each proper player and correct rankings. Man that would be cool, I could play that all day just to get my mind of stuff. Imagine the 2004 Pats vs 1995 Cowboys or 2006 Colts vs 2000 Ravens!

Yes that would be fun.  I think that last time I really played was like 2005, which i think was my last copy.  On my old PS2.  I think those old version might of even had both SB participants, i kind of forget now.

3 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Yes that would be fun.  I think that last time I really played was like 2005, which i think was my last copy.  On my old PS2.  I think those old version might of even had both SB participants, i kind of forget now.

Me too, I haven't played since the season after the Colts won the SB, 2007. I just got busy doing other things and grew out of it I guess but the GOAT teams would be fun!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too, I haven't played since the season after the Colts won the SB, 2007. I just got busy doing other things and grew out of it I guess but the GOAT teams would be fun!

yes they would be and i think we followed the same path.  I really liked the game, would play with my brother when he visited from VT.  And is was cool to play when the Pats we going strong 2000s, altho i did play it in the late 90s too. 

i ended up finding that as the games grew, they seem to be less playable and more graphics . . . I have gravitated to PC games. 

5 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

yes they would be and i think we followed the same path.  I really liked the game, would play with my brother when he visited from VT.  And is was cool to play when the Pats we going strong 2000s, altho i did play it in the late 90s too. 

i ended up finding that as the games grew, they seem to be less playable and more graphics . . . I have gravitated to PC games. 

Me too, I loved some of the 90's games even before Peyton.

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Andrew has never been a backup like Young and Jimmy G

I understand the back up aspect, but from my understanding Steve young was never truly a back up. He was never drafted to BE the back up. More of my point was aimed towards having two back to back good to great QBs for your team.

45 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I understand the back up aspect, but from my understanding Steve young was never truly a back up. He was never drafted to BE the back up. More of my point was aimed towards having two back to back good to great QBs for your team.

The 49ers traded for Young with the intention of him backing up Montana from the Bucs.

Young started his career for the USFL league and then was drafted in the supplemental draft by the Bucs.

36 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The 49ers traded for Young with the intention of him backing up Montana from the Bucs.

Young started his career for the USFL league and then was drafted in the supplemental draft by the Bucs.

so maybe I am wrong. Still my point remains. 

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

so maybe I am wrong. Still my point remains. 

No you were correct in Young not being drafted to be a back up he was just traded with the intention of him being a back up. The Bucs did draft him in the supplemental draft from the USFL with the intention of him being a starter but then drafted Vinny Testaverde to replace him in the regular draft.

40 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No you were correct in Young not being drafted to be a back up he was just traded with the intention of him being a back up. The Bucs did draft him in the supplemental draft from the USFL with the intention of him being a starter but then drafted Vinny Testaverde to replace him in the regular draft.

You quoted my original point in having two back to back great QBs. I feel like we are losing sight of that. 

If Brady goes down, it will be due to his age and not the superstition of the "curse". The Madden curse itself mostly goes back to Daunte Culpepper IMO. He was not the same QB whatsoever after that back injury put him out. The before and after was truly sad. 

He will be 40 years old in August. I don't care about how amazing and awesome his diet is that gets brought up over and over. Remember what happened to Brett Favre? He still had a cannon arm at 40 years old and proceeded to post his best season since 1996 back at 40 years old. All it took was one awful, rough game with a bunch of hard hits and age caught up to him that night and he wasn't the same again in 2010. 

IMO the Pats need to hold onto Jimmy G and probably will. He has far greater potential than any of the previous Brady backups that people fell in love with. But at Brady's age, the window is fast closing and they're going to need a replacement soon. I am not of the belief that any QB's body is going to withstand past the age of 40 without a serious decline. 

21 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Isnt andrew luck the next Steve young? So would that make Jimmy the next Andrew luck? 

Young won a Super Bowl within 4 years as a starter and 2 MVP's; and for the longest time, had the highest QB rating and percentage completion rates back in the 90's era. Young sadly does not get a lot of credit for his accomplishments. A serious argument could be made that he was the best quarterback of the 1990's decade. 

Luck has a long ways to go before he can properly be compared to Steve Young IMO.  

40 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Young won a Super Bowl within 4 years as a starter and 2 MVP's; and for the longest time, had the highest QB rating and percentage completion rates back in the 90's era. Young sadly does not get a lot of credit for his accomplishments. A serious argument could be made that he was the best quarterback of the 1990's decade. 

Luck has a long ways to go before he can properly be compared to Steve Young IMO.  

As players, no, you can't compare them.