Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Annual Letter of Thanks & Apology....

NewColtsFan

I discovered this website and community 5 years ago today....     and  I've enjoyed it every day since....

I've made a number of good friends and, regrettably,  I've rubbed a number of you the wrong way.     

I hope to make many more friends here over the years,   and I hope to annoy,  offend,  or anger far, far fewer posters here...

I honestly don't try to bother anyone.     I think I've gotten better at that,  meaning I'm getting into fewer fights here.     In speaking with some of the moderators,  it's been pointed out to me that my posting style has a certain "aggressive" tone to it.      I'd agree with that.     I've tried to tone it down and I thought I had done a better job this past year than the year before.      I went the whole 2016 season and the first few months of the off-season without a single fight.       Then,  March arrived and right around the free agency window,  within about a week,   I got into 4 very unfortunate fights.    

Look....     I'm getting too old for this.     I've turned 60 and I'd like to get into as few of these battles as possible.     So, please don't be surprised or offended if I think a conversation is deteriorating quickly and I choose to simply say something like....     "We're going to have to agree to disagree...."   or something like that...   Feels like it would be better for all concerned.

It's been 5 years and I've been happy to apologize each of the last 5 years.     But I'm honestly hoping that I bother fewer and fewer of you in the future so these annual letters won't be necessary....       I really don't want to upset anyone.     I'd like to come here,  post some thoughts,  have a good discussion,  and move on....

I would like to add that I think the website has gotten better and better every year.     We've had more people join the site and many of them are terrific!     I think the level of debate has improved each year,  and hopefully with the change at the top,  we'll be happy with what we see on the field in 2017 and in the years to come!        Of course,  no letter about the last year would be complete without saying,  that, like all of you,   I miss Gavin too....

Thanks again for putting up with me.      Thanks again for the friendship and support.

Here's to a better year for the Colts and their fans!       :colts:

Michael Forrest

aka  NewColtsFan

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I discovered this website and community 5 years ago today....     and  I've enjoyed it every day since....

I've made a number of good friends and, regrettably,  I've rubbed a number of you the wrong way.     

I hope to make many more friends here over the years,   and I hope to annoy,  offend,  or anger far, far fewer posters here...

I honestly don't try to bother anyone.     I think I've gotten better at that,  meaning I'm getting into fewer fights here.     In speaking with some of the moderators,  it's been pointed out to me that my posting style has a certain "aggressive" tone to it.      I'd agree with that.     I've tried to tone it down and I thought I had done a better job this past year than the year before.      I went the whole 2016 season and the first few months of the off-season without a single fight.       Then,  March arrived and right around the free agency window,  within about a week,   I got into 4 very unfortunate fights.    

Look....     I'm getting too old for this.     I've turned 60 and I'd like to get into as few of these battles as possible.     So, please don't be surprised or offended if I think a conversation is deteriorating quickly and I choose to simply say something like....     "We're going to have to agree to disagree...."   or something like that...   Feels like it would be better for all concerned.

It's been 5 years and I've been happy to apologize each of the last 5 years.     But I'm honestly hoping that I bother fewer and fewer of you in the future so these annual letters won't be necessary....       I really don't want to upset anyone.     I'd like to come here,  post some thoughts,  have a good discussion,  and move on....

I would like to add that I think the website has gotten better and better every year.     We've had more people join the site and many of them are terrific!     I think the level of debate has improved each year,  and hopefully with the change at the top,  we'll be happy with what we see on the field in 2017 and in the years to come!        Of course,  no letter about the last year would be complete without saying,  that, like all of you,   I miss Gavin too....

Thanks again for putting up with me.      Thanks again for the friendship and support.

Michael Forrest

aka  NewColtsFan

You haven't  annoyed me once but then again I get along with almost everyone in here and in life period. Glad to have you as a friend.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Michael Forrest

aka  NewColtsFan

Wow, that was eye-opening.  Thank you.  I usually don't dig too deep into these forums for the same reasons.  I have been in the same boat, gotten into a back-and-forth with another poster.  Sometimes it gets heated when two people discuss their differing opinions.

I learned after a while that you have to realize that not everyone is in the same mindset as you when you're on these boards.  Some people take everything Colts very seriously, some are just here for fun.  Some are here for social interaction, while some are here just to anonymously vent to strangers and move on with their lives.

But most importantly, everyone is here to express their opinion in some way, even if it's bashing the opinions of others to make their own point clear.  You have to take the good with the bad, and everything with a grain of salt.

Great post.  Honestly, I have no problem with you at all, or anyone here.  We can always disagree about a point but still keep it civil.  Here's to more years of good conversation, hopefully about some Colts Superbowl trophies!

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Michael Forrest

aka  NewColtsFan

As I recall I think we've. had a couple difference of opinions but no heated disagreements. And even if we do in the future it's no big deal. This would be a boring forum if we all agreed on everything.

But I would like to publicly thank you for your support on my recent loss of my Lacy. That means a lot. And not just you, but so many others, I've lost count. In threads and private messages.

And btw, this forum wouldn't be as great as it is without you. So don't mellow out too much on us. Lol

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

As I recall I think we've. had a couple difference of opinions but no heated disagreements. And even if we do in the future it's no big deal. This would be a boring forum if we all agreed on everything.

But I would like to publicly thank you for your support on my recent loss of my Lacy. That means a lot. And not just you, but so many others, I've lost count. In threads and private messages.

And btw, this forum wouldn't be as great as it is without you. So don't mellow out too much on us. Lol

LJ....

The offer that I,  and no doubt countless other posters here made -- remains.    We're here for you in whatever way we can great or small....    nothing changes....   no one should have to go through what you're going through....      Life, I'm afraid,  is often not fair...      So, if any of us can help,  we hope you'll reach out and lean on us...

Just take it one day at a time......

I, for one,  love the passion you show in your posts,  even if we havn't always agreed. :) 

Your post made me check to see how long I'd been here as well... haha    It was 5 years in February.  I think that is when several of us switched over from the old forum.   

I agree,  it took a little getting used to, but I love the platform here, and love all the friends I've made along the way.   You included.  

NCF, 

I can't recall if we've ever had a negative word between us but if we did it was all my fault.......

Seriously, We need you here. You have many times been the voice of reason when that is exactly what was needed.

Like another has said, don't chill down too much. I like your style & us "senior citizens" need to stick together.

Continue to be yourself. This is a great place with great, knowledgeable, passionate fans.

Post on my friend.

NCF,

I think we bumped heads within a week of me joining the forum.  We quickly worked it out though and I realized from that moment on that it is just your style and you mean nothing personal by what some presume to be attitude in your words (me included initially).  

I have also learned that you bring value to the forum with your knowledge and experience.

It takes a special person to own up to what they or others might think is a flaw in their personality and to consciously make an attempt to change.  You don't need to change though, and you certainly don't need to apologize for being you.  I think you see from the responses to your post that you are well respected and everyone welcomes your input.  I know I do.

Carry on sir

NCF..... you're good in my book.....

even though here have been a few moments where I have wanted to send you this, lol......

IMG_0250.JPG

You're a great contributor here, and have a very knowledgeable background in sports media, it wouldn't be the same here without you Sir.

2 hours ago, GOZER said:

NCF..... you're good in my book.....

even though here have been a few moments where I have wanted to send you this, lol......

IMG_0250.JPG

You're a great contributor here, and have a very knowledgeable background in sports media, it wouldn't be the same here without you Sir.

Hey....   you go right ahead and post that to me!!

And if you want to actually send me a REAL snickers,  then I can always send you my address!       :thmup: