Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make roster moves

TKnight24

Boyd was projected to be fifth to sixth round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. He was said to have good body fluidity to redirect his momentum and quick feet capable of making plays at the line of scrimmage.[8] However, he was also said to be underdeveloped in the pass rush and quickly neutralized if his first move did not succeed.[8]

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP
6 ft 3 in 310 lb 5.14 s 1.71 s 2.89 s 4.64 s 7.16 s 26.50 in 8 ft 8 in 32 reps
All results from NFL Combine[8]

Green Bay Packers

Boyd was selected by the Green Bay packers with a compensatory fifth round pick (167th overall).[9] On May 9, 2016, Boyd was released by the Packers.[10]

Indianapolis Colts

On May 12, 2017 Boyd signed with the Indianapolis Colts.

Statistics

Source:[11]

Regular season

Season Team Games Tackles
GP GS Total Solo Ast Sck Int
2013 Green Bay Packers 9 0 6 5 1 0 0
2014 Green Bay Packers 15 4 22 10 12 0 0
2015 Green Bay Packers 2 0 1 1 0 0 0
  Total 26 4 29 16 13 0 0

Postseason

Season Team Games Tackles
GP GS Total Solo Ast Sck Int
2013 Green Bay Packers 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
2014 Green Bay Packers 2 1 3 1 2 0 0
  Total 3 1 3 1 2 0 0

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Darn, was hoping that Maggitt could be a diamond in the rough, but Ballard sure don't like injury prone players. 

Our GM is is running the team as most of us for years have wanted it.

Build the defense, lines, produce or be gone and ousting often injured

players.

Although XLI would have been a pipe dream without often injured

Bob Sanders on the field.

10 hours ago, krunk said:

I knew we would eventually be getting rid of Maggitt.

Yeah me too I thought he'd be gone when we started to clear space for UDFA's. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised He didn't do anything last year and hasn't been able to stay on the field since HS. Ballard continues clearing dead weight off the roster.

I would have rather have added Hodges I think it might be time to give up on that. There must be something else going on with him. He has visited some ILB needy teams. 

16 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Our GM is is running the team as most of us for years have wanted it.

Build the defense, lines, produce or be gone and ousting often injured

players.

Although XLI would have been a pipe dream without often injured

Bob Sanders on the field.

Big difference between Maggitt and Bob Sanders who just happen to be a former defensive player of the year.

As for that comment about Parry, I think Ballard is being genuine when he says they will give him a fair shot. Parry has some quickness; I think he's somewhat misplaced as a NT. I'd like to see him get a few shots at DT and see what he could do. He's not the stiff that many on this Board make him out to be. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Big difference between Maggitt and Bob Sanders who just happen to be a former defensive player of the year.

Bob was so fun to watch. He gave the Bears rb Forte his

'welcome to the NFL hit' his rookie year.

Forte ran between the center/ guard and was met full

steam by Sanders. Forte was missing for a few plays

after that collision.

12 hours ago, akcolt said:

Yeah me too I thought he'd be gone when we started to clear space for UDFA's. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised He didn't do anything last year and hasn't been able to stay on the field since HS. Ballard continues clearing dead weight off the roster.

I would have rather have added Hodges I think it might be time to give up on that. There must be something else going on with him. He has visited some ILB needy teams. 

I think they are fine with the guys we have on the roster. They may not all be superstars but they all can run fast outside of Morrison and they all tackle well along with giving maximum effort. I think we will be okay.

20 hours ago, krunk said:

I think they are fine with the guys we have on the roster. They may not all be superstars but they all can run fast outside of Morrison and they all tackle well along with giving maximum effort. I think we will be okay.

I think you are right we will be ok. I'd like to know what's up with Hodges. A guy I'm interested to see is Rhodes. I liked coming out of W & M last year. He looked pretty good in Tampa most thought he'd made that roster. I would not be surprised to see him sneak on ours. 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

I think you are right we will be ok. I'd like to know what's up with Hodges. A guy I'm interested to see is Rhodes. I liked coming out of W & M last year. He looked pretty good in Tampa most thought he'd made that roster. I would not be surprised to see him sneak on ours. 

I thought we were going to keep King and get rid of Rhodes but it was the other way around. We will see what he does