Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp Decision A Huge Disappointment

Shepman

Ok, so I attend training camp multiple days every year and I am extremely disappointed with the recent announcements.  I love the opportunity to see the rookies, free agents and core team battle it out. I also enjoy interacting with the players and getting my fair share of autographs.  I was even lucky enough to appear in a video last year which I shared regarding how important camp is to fans especially those that can't afford to go to games.  

I understand that it is a hassle to pack up and go to Anderson or Terre Haute so training here in Indy makes sense.  I do believe they will also lose some of the team building that happens when rooming together.  Why couldn't they just continue the format and allow open practices through the week at West 56th? 

By condensing down to 2 open practices one of which is Sunday and in environments that aren't condusive to player / fan interactions you actually take a step back to what the NFL is promoting.  Fans aren't able to engage as much,  the interactions will be less likely, and the crowds will be rediculious.  

I used to plan time off work to attend and now I don't know if I will even attend this year and my guess is others feel the same.  You know all those fan updates you get on here related progress, kiss them goodbye.  The only positive is maybe, maybe the players will concentrate better and work harder which might produce better results on the field but I doubt it. 

Colts and specifically Marketing/Fan engagement you need to find a much better compromise.

Only positive is when I die, my autograph collection and memorabilia might be worth way more since opportunities will be significantly less.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He’s a burner but not the burner that BTJ or Worthy are. However, he’s bigger than worthy. I think he can still stretch the field though, as he’s got more wiggle than Alec Pierce.
    • If the defensive  player we pick doesn't have a rookie season like Dwight freeney or darious Leonard I don't  want them at 15. Who ever we pick needs to be an immediate impact player. I know Brian thomas jr, odunze, Harrison  or nabors  can be that. Not sure about any of the edge guys or cbs
    • Yeah, it was a really good article. One takeaway from me was that it should be obvious why the Browns were (are?) a mess for so long. They weren't aligned, didn't adhere to any principles, indications are they had competing priorities, etc. The Manziel anecdote and the conclusion off of it are pretty telling.
    • Thank you for sharing the snippets and I appreciate the perspective.   If one thing is clear, the reason trading back works is because the draft is an absolute crap shoot. That dynamic can support both arguments in my opinion. e.g. more picks = higher chance of getting a difference maker or selling picks isn't that big of a deal because what you're giving away may not be actually worth much anyway. It can play both ways.   If the team has done their due diligence on a player and truthfully has confidence I'm all for going after him, even if it turns out they are wrong. I want to be clear and say I'm not recommending we give up the farm. Hypothetically if this team makes playoffs which would be the expectation, the pick we are selling (assuming it takes a 1 next year) isn't going to be very high to begin with.   Ballard did it with JT...worked out pretty well. I know that wasn't a massive trade up but still the point is, they see a player they like and they go and get him.   To your other point, I would not necessarily be opposed going after a proven play maker like Aiyuk either. Very Buckner esque trade. However, you're then passing up on the salary cap savings + unknown NFL potential for a proven commodity and draft capital. What's worth more is really dependent on who you ask clearly.   It goes back to risk and not one size fits all.  Both strategies can work and both require quite a bit of luck. Seeing where this team is at, where the NFL is going rules wise and the recent examples of QB's skyrocketting after getting a special playmaker, I just think that's what would be best at this time.    Not for nothing, we've done the trade back thing time and time again and people still constantly complain about our roster not being good. It will be fun to see what Chris does next week and how much if at all he's influenced by Shane/Irsay/etc.
    • Another, 1st this week. Addressed positions of need excluding edge. Picked Oladapo to transition to coverage linebacker at 6'2" 218 currently, heavy hitter. Trey Taylor looks strong at safety, a thumper, when Kinchens is a ball hawk. Pick #234 Anthony Gould was 1st team All-American as a returner, keeping starters out of harms way, especially with the new kickoff rules.     IND 17. Terrion ArnoldCB Alabama 46. Adonai MitchellWR Texas 48. Kamren KinchensS Miami (FL) 131. Mason McCormickOG South Dakota State 151. Kitan OladapoS Oregon State 159. Hunter NourzadOC Penn State 191. Trey TaylorS Air Force 234. Anthony GouldWR Oregon State
  • Members

• Stephen

Stephen 3,960

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 5,071

• Nadine

Nadine 8,117

Administrators
    • DynaMike

DynaMike 152

• Reboot

Reboot 46