Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard interview with Dakich today

Steamboat_Shaun

2 hours ago, JasonABrown said:

Is anybody else as excited as I am about the hiring of Brian Decker? This could be looked back upon in a couple years as one of the largest positive impacts that we have ever had.

Sent from my SM-G920V *

I love the idea, the parallels between finding good football players & finding good soldiers are definitely there, which the article on ESPN about Decker kind of goes into.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I love the idea, the parallels between finding good football players & finding good soldiers are definitely there, which the article on ESPN about Decker kind of goes into.

Especially since players are always using military phrases like "going to battle"....."He is our field general out there"....leadership....just tons of that jargon.  This is one crazy good offseason. 

7 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Especially since players are always using military phrases like "going to battle"....."He is our field general out there"....leadership....just tons of that jargon.  This is one crazy good offseason. 

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Anyone else hear Dachik say Belichek wanted the guy?

i Read somewhere NE brought him in but said they were already doing what he offered so they passed.

anyone know which is the case?

Here's the story about Decker that was written last year. It goes in depth about his interview with Belichick, as well as lends some insight as to how he developed his system when he was a Green Beret (dude is a legit bada**). It's somewhat of a long read, but pretty intriguing stuff.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17255219/green-beret-brian-decker-thinks-improve-success-rate-nfl-first-round-draft-picks

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Anyone else hear Dachik say Belichek wanted the guy?

i Read somewhere NE brought him in but said they were already doing what he offered so they passed.

anyone know which is the case?

Yeah, I picked up on that as well, but I don't know the answer.

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Is this the first colts GM to take defense this seriously? I am getting a vibe that this will be the most improved defense in the league.

Agreed, and now that Ballard's got his guys in-house, I'm pretty excited for next offseason too. That "monster" we've been hearing about for 5 years now just might be ready to thump some heads.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Dan being FOS Dan?

It's actually kind of funny to hear him be so warm towards Ballard after carrying Grigson's water all those years, then acting like a complete child when he was finally let go. Gotta do what ya gotta do to get ratings I guess, but he comes off as a little phoney.

29 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's actually kind of funny to hear him be so warm towards Ballard after carrying Grigson's water all those years, then acting like a complete child when he was finally let go. Gotta do what ya gotta do to get ratings I guess, but he comes off as a little phoney.

That is what I thought too. He even had Grigson's agent batting for him on the airwaves, it was odd to me, defending him for the draft class of 2013, his TRich trade, his Werner pick, his Dorsett pick etc., and the main fact that he felt compelled to do that interview knowing hard questions will come. They sure came via fan tweets to Dakich. 

I had a weird feeling because that hadn't happened before for a Colts GM, his agent being interviewed on Sports talk radio. Maybe that was the last straw, who knows, in Irsay's eyes??:dunno:

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

That is what I thought too. He even had Grigson's agent batting for him on the airwaves, it was odd to me, defending him for the draft class of 2013, his TRich trade, his Werner pick, his Dorsett pick etc., and the main fact that he felt compelled to do that knowing questions will come. 

I had a weird feeling because that hadn't happened before for a Colts GM, his agent being interviewed on Sports talk radio. Maybe that was the last straw, who knows, in Irsay's eyes??:dunno:

Yeah, and in that interview with Grigson's agent, he tried to say our defense was actually decent. He got destroyed by Colts fans on Twitter that day.

8 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Is this the first colts GM to take defense this seriously? I am getting a vibe that this will be the most improved defense in the league.

Yes he is and it's refreshing to see being a Colts fan.

The previous GMs drafted to make our offense and QBs

look good and didn't build to win titles.

Ballard gets it.

19 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Yes he is and it's refreshing to see being a Colts fan.

The previous GMs drafted to make our offense and QBs

look good and didn't build to win titles.

Ballard gets it.

All this is true, but it is also true, that the colts were pretty talentless on D. And probably worth mentioning.