Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck vs Jalen Ramsey

TKnight24

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ramsey is overrated.

he absolutely isn't. The yardage stat is a little misleading because if you remember last season, the blown safety assignment that lead to Dorsett being wide open 50y down the field was wrongly (imo) put on Ramsey by PFF.

So that 64 yd TD aside, the stat should read: 10/15 for 108 yards, 0 td 0 int, for a pretty high-rating. Which is still pretty good by Luck.

4 minutes ago, myic90 said:

he absolutely isn't. The yardage stat is a little misleading because if you remember last season, the blown safety assignment that lead to Dorsett being wide open 50y down the field was wrongly (imo) put on Ramsey by PFF.

So that 64 yd TD aside, the stat should read: 10/15 for 108 yards, 0 td 0 int, for a pretty high-rating. Which is still pretty good by Luck.

No, they were in cover 3 or man. He looked back at the quarterback which led to him getting beat deep downfield. I remember the pbp saying he made that mistake

Not taking anything away from Luck, but Ramsey (rookie) against Luck? C'mon. Of course Luck will win. 

I don't know if Ramsey will get better (he should) but lets see that number after a few years of Ramsey being in the league so it's a little more fair. 

14 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Not taking anything away from Luck, but Ramsey (rookie) against Luck? C'mon. Of course Luck will win. 

I don't know if Ramsey will get better (he should) but lets see that number after a few years of Ramsey being in the league so it's a little more fair. 

It's the off-season Lolly, don't be a party pooper :P 

2 hours ago, myic90 said:

Did a calculation on that and it would come out to 85.97 or essentially a passer rating of 86.  

2 hours ago, myic90 said:

I don't see why we'd set that play aside. It was his coverage, he got beat, the play happened... it counts. I can see saying that he did a pretty good job aside from one play (even though, in this case, he really didn't). If you play great coverage 15 times, then you mess up on one play, it's good to acknowledge the context, but that doesn't mean you ignore the big mistake. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of Ramsey in man coverage. He was a good fit for Bradley's defense, in theory, but I don't know what changes the new defensive coordinator will make with their coverages. 

I'll never understand the rush to judge players,   especially rookies.     By the nature of the game,  they're not going to be great in their first year.   

But here's the deal......           They.         Get.        Better.

And if someone seriously thinks he's over-rated,  it's my hunch that we'd be happy to take Ramsey off the Jaguars hands and make him a Colt.     I'd love to have more over-rated players like him......

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'll never understand the rush to judge players,   especially rookies.     By the nature of the game,  they're not going to be great in their first year.   

And if someone seriously thinks he's over-rated,  it's my hunch that we'd be happy to take Ramsey off the Jaguars hands and make him a Colt.     I'd love to have more over-rated players like him......

I don't know...I guess I will take the lockdown CB who is 6'1 210 with elite athleticism (at least in some areas).

People love the Quincy Wilson pick...partly because he is almost the exact same size as Ramsey (prototype CB). If Wilson ever becomes as good as Ramsey was in his rookie season...Ballard nailed that pick.

Sorry for the snark...I just think Ramsey is a very talented DB. I think he will be a Pro Bowl CB...and would be an All-Pro S.

11 hours ago, myic90 said:

Ya of the 15 passes that luck threw his way well over half of them were completed that isn't good. just saying.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

it could easily take years for them to just reach their peak