Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck P

thatonefan

7 minutes ago, thatonefan said:

If CP doesn't do well as a HC next year, can we keep him for a different job, such as assistant HC? 

In organizations, it is generally a poor idea to keep a demoted former leader. If it is not a good fit, you cut ties.

I personally don't think he should have been brought in as anything other than a D.C. In the first place. But he's gonna have this year to prove me and many others wrong.  With what I've seen Ballard do with the draft and free agency, I've got a feeling that we are gonna shine this year. And I think we're gonna discover that the true weak link was Grigson all along. He tried too much to be Polian (all controlling) after such a successful first year and it created a toxic environment within the organization. 

I really want McDaniels and Ballard leading this Colts dynasty into the future but I think Chuck (the survivor) will somehow find a way to remain. And if this team makes deep playoff runs every year and wins championships under Chuck then I'll have to give him his credit. And I'm ok with admitting I was wrong.

But if we continue to regress this coming year and our offense remains helter skelter and Chuck and Chud make boneheaded moves like playing Ferguson over Turbin, then he needs to get the axe and he can take his boy Chud with him. Then let's go get McDaniels and get this dynasty rolling.  My sleeper pick is Urban Meyer or at least using the possibility of him to lure Jim Harbaugh back. Lol. Any of those 3 would work for me. 

I'm a Pagano admirer, but even I would not want this.     And I seriously doubt that CP would either...

He'll simply take his severance check -- I think it's two more years after this one -- and likely retire....

If another team wants to hire him as HC,  then he'd likely consider that,   but he has said that after Indy,  he's done coaching,  so we'll see....

Let him(Pagano)switch with Josh McDaniel.  McDaniel be the Indy HC, while Pagano be the assistant to Bellicheck.  This way he'll be on the job training to learn from the best and take some pointers in being a good quality head coach...

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He'll simply take his severance check -- I think it's two more years after this one -- and likely retire....

Retire? Why? He's only 56 and many time expressed that he loves what he's been doing. He'd probably receive at least DC but more possibly HC offers from multiple NFL teams the day after the Colts release him, so I don't see why would he say goodbye and go fishing.

29 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

Retire? Why? He's only 56 and many time expressed that he loves what he's been doing. He'd probably receive at least DC but more possibly HC offers from multiple NFL teams the day after the Colts release him, so I don't see why would he say goodbye and go fishing.

He's actually said that he doesn't want to work anywhere else. And that's likely coachspeak, but given his circumstances and what he's been through personally, and his family, it's not hard to believe. 

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

I don't know....    that was his quote last year....    right around the time of his more famous quote about that how "they can only fire you,  they can't eat you..."       He said if he was fired by the Colts that would be it for him and he'd retire...

Now, whether that's true or just said in the heat of the moment,  no one knows....     but he did say it...

P.S. -- Oh by the way,   since you're a new member, and I haven't seen a post of yours before today,   a belated welcome!      Hope you enjoy the website.

A warning:     It can be addictive!     :thmup:

To answer your question, I don't see that happening. I think Chuck might surprise some people and do a good job with the changes that have been made. We are not privy to the dynamics between him, the new GM, other coaches and the players that respect him, so I get a little irritated at some fans who mock his style of coaching, but everybody has a right to his/her opinion. I'd love to see him prove them wrong. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

He said if he was fired by the Colts that would be it for him and he'd retire...

P.S. -- Oh by the way,   since you're a new member, and I haven't seen a post of yours before today,   a belated welcome!      Hope you enjoy the website.

A warning:     It can be addictive!     :thmup:

Haven't heard of that quote of his. Surprises me despite his health issues...

p.s.:

I've been a member of this forum for 5.5 years (regular reader, casual poster). Thanks anyway :)

5 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

Haven't heard of that quote of his. Surprises me despite his health issues...

p.s.:

I've been a member of this forum for 5.5 years (regular reader, casual poster). Thanks anyway :)

Wow!     A member for 5 years and you have 78 posts!      That's impressive!

78 posts for me is a good week --- literally a good week for me!

To each their own, I guess!      Glad to see you posting.....