Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brian Decker, Rex Hogan, Ed Dodds expected to join Colts

RockThatBlue

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

I'm sorry but Chuck is such a goner next year, our front office hirings are already outclassing his joke of a coaching staff. 

His joke of a coaching staff...that have had all of one year together. How very fair of you. 

13 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Wow, that is a good story. 

Absolutely fantastic story. Love this guy, and can't wait to see what he can do for us. If we can hit on 80% of our 1st round picks, it'll completely turn the team around. Love how he analyzes things.

yeah its not looking good for Pagano, i think unless we win at least one playoff game we will have a coaching change, pretty much the whole structure of the front office has changed thus far, ushering in a new era 9.5 times out of 10 means a new head coach as well.  Good luck Pags, hopefully we do well enough for you to keep your job!

I'm thinking this was Pagano and Grigson:

"Banner recently pitched Decker to a head coach. He could tell the coach was sold, but he said the GM would never welcome another voice in the draft room. "It's going to take a team with a fresh approach," Lombardi says. "It's a challenge for Brian."

CB is the new GM with a new approach.

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

yeah its not looking good for Pagano, i think unless we win at least one playoff game we will have a coaching change, pretty much the whole structure of the front office has changed thus far, ushering in a new era 9.5 times out of 10 means a new head coach as well.  Good luck Pags, hopefully we do well enough for you to keep your job!

Irsay has already said the win-loss record will not be the determining factor if Pagano keeps or loses his job.

It has been reported that Ballard and Pagano has hit it off very well.

Now we will are just wait and see.

For all the Pagano haters you will just have to wait at least till the end of the season.

And just think, if he does a good job he will be extended! :D

Of course Belichek brought Decker in for a look-see.  NE is saying he wasn't hired because he had nothing new to offer them.

when actually he wasnt hired because his character wouldnt allow him to cheat.

:peek:

Thank you.  i'm here allnight.  Please tip your waitress.

These could be good, under-the-radar hires, especially Dodds who is well-respected around the league.  The Pats have been in the penthouse all these years because they have a great QB, yeah, but they ALSO have had a great front office and an owner who has let them do their work unencumbered.  If the Colts can continue to solidify their front office, that is only going to bolster them down the road.  This is a great start that could prove to pay dividends for years.

21 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

I wasn't high on another reject from Cleveland but

after this article it gives me a bit of hope.

still questioning their Manziel pick while he was there?

It honestly seems like he was not really given any say so when it came to actually selecting the players. He could obviously inform them on what his studies showed but ultimately, the team was going to pick who they wanted.

I think that given Ballard's open communication approach that's been demonstrated so far, we will see Decker be able to fully thrive.

11 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Whatever we have been doing hasn't been working as we are close to the top every year in games by starters lost due to injury, the only year we trended at average was of course Luck's injury plagued year so we just had one huge injury. Can't go into the season with Antonio Cromartie off the couch.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Irsay has already said the win-loss record will not be the determining factor if Pagano keeps or loses his job.

For all the Pagano haters you will just have to wait at least till the end of the season.

Can't wait to see all the Pagano apologists be on hush mode next season. The fact that some of y'all think Grigson being fired will magically fix his inept game planning is comical.

20 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Can't wait to see all the Pagano apologists be on hush mode next season. The fact that some of y'all think Grigson being fired will magically fix his inept game planning is comical.

Nothing is going to be on hush.

#1 fact-Pagano has yet to have a losing season

#2 fact-Pagano has one of the best starting records of any head coach in NFL history including Belichick

#3 fact-Pagano is well liked by his players

#4 fact-Ballard has already said he liked Pagano as head coach and there are no plans to fire him

#5 fact-Like it or not the Pagano haters (such as yourself) Pagano's  the head coach of the Colts.

End of story.

38 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nothing is going to be on hush.

#1 fact-Pagano has yet to have a losing season

#2 fact-Pagano has one of the best starting records of any head coach in NFL history including Belichick

#3 fact-Pagano is well liked by his players

#4 fact-Ballard has already said he liked Pagano as head coach and there are no plans to fire him

#5 fact-Like it or not the Pagano haters (such as yourself) Pagano's  the head coach of the Colts.

End of story.

Perfect statement 

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think that's a huge "maybe" as to whether he gets extended if he does a good job. It's not really that unusual for a head coach to be let go after a playoff loss, it seems to happen to at least one coach every year. Plus, extending him won't necessarily be a priority next offseason as he'll still have one more year left on his 4-year contract that he signed.

1 hour ago, ManningGM said:

That is funny Grigson didn't cause the slow starts or make pagano call stupid timeouts he will be the same coach he was with Grigson

49 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That is funny Grigson didn't cause the slow starts or make pagano call stupid timeouts he will be the same coach he was with Grigson

No, he didn't.

But it is possible, very possible, that Grigson's instructions complicated the ability for Pagano to make the 'smart' decisions. You and I will not ever know what kind of 'meddling' Grigson was capable of and we will not ever know what expectations and culture were heaped on Pagano by his former boss. We just will never know.

What we DO know is:

• Chuck Pagano has yet to have a losing season
  • Chuck Pagano has one of the best starting records of any head coach in NFL history including Bill Belichick
  • Chuck Pagano is well liked by his players
  • Chris Ballard has already said he likes Chuck Pagano as head coach and there are no plans to fire him
  • Pagano was retained as the head coach of the Colts even when a new GM was brought on board.

I think we have a great opportunity to actually, finally see Chuck Pagano's real ability this year. For the good, or the bad. But I think he is positioned to finally show growth...

1 hour ago, lester said:

No, he didn't.

But it is possible, very possible, that Grigson's instructions complicated the ability for Pagano to make the 'smart' decisions. You and I will not ever know what kind of 'meddling' Grigson was capable of and we will not ever know what expectations and culture were heaped on Pagano by his former boss. We just will never know.

What we DO know is:

• Chuck Pagano has yet to have a losing season
  • Chuck Pagano has one of the best starting records of any head coach in NFL history including Bill Belichick
  • Chuck Pagano is well liked by his players
  • Chris Ballard has already said he likes Chuck Pagano as head coach and there are no plans to fire him
  • Pagano was retained as the head coach of the Colts even when a new GM was brought on board.

I think we have a great opportunity to actually, finally see Chuck Pagano's real ability this year. For the good, or the bad. But I think he is positioned to finally show growth...

Yeah cause Ballard is gonna tell everyone he hates chuck and is gonna fire him. He hasn't had a losing season yet cause he has had luck or hassselbeck to bail him out 

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I doubt the bolded part, very much ... for my understanding is that Pagano is only in year 2 of a four year contract.  If retained, I cannot see him being extended until the end of year three of that contract, which means no extension until the winter / spring of 2019.

16 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Well, our history of injuries cant get worse (Right? Right?...:hide:) so whatever. I'll hope for the best, but I won't hold my breath.

5 hours ago, dodsworth said:

I wasn't high on another reject from Cleveland but

after this article it gives me a bit of hope.

still questioning their Manziel pick while he was there?

The homeless guy drafted manziel, remember?

16 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

What is the rule for them leaving? Can they leave a team under contract? Or in the executive or scouting department is it just like quitting a job for another one? 

Pretty sure that, if they're still under contract, their current team can block the move if they aren't being offered full roster control. So I'm assuming they aren't under contract at this point.

13 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I'm thinking this was Pagano and Grigson:

"Banner recently pitched Decker to a head coach. He could tell the coach was sold, but he said the GM would never welcome another voice in the draft room. "It's going to take a team with a fresh approach," Lombardi says. "It's a challenge for Brian."

CB is the new GM with a new approach.

Yeah, I'm not done with the article yet, but that stood out to me also. 

I still have issues with some of Pagano's philosophy (his choice of OC hurts my feelings), and his game management has proven to be lacking at critical times, so I don't want to pretend that everything wrong with Pagano was Grigson's fault. But stuff like this suggests that Grigson hampered him in certain ways.

Of course, assuming that this is even referring to the Colts... 

So Deckers process will also weed out players who don't really love football, but they do it to make big money for their family.  Lots of people in real life fall in this category.  Just curious about the psychology of his models.