Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This team is being disrespected

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I agree with this except for Bruce Arians.  I would put Arians right up there with Moore.

I can't go a single family get-together without my uncle complaining about how the Colts should have promoted Arians to HC, and fired Chuck.

Unfortunately for Luck, he only had Arians for one year, whereas Manning had Moore the whole time he was in Indy.

HC Arians > OC Arians. I am not a fan of OC Arians or his play calling, although he's obviously better than any OC we've had since.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I agree with this except for Bruce Arians.  I would put Arians right up there with Moore.

I can't go a single family get-together without my uncle complaining about how the Colts should have promoted Arians to HC, and fired Chuck.

Unfortunately for Luck, he only had Arians for one year, whereas Manning had Moore the whole time he was in Indy.

Arians is an average OC imo......can't hold a candle to Moore.  Plus, he has a history of letting his quarterbacks take a beating.

10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You might want to qualify these statements.  Humans are getting smarter, so in general, the younger generation will be "smarter" than the older generations.  In general, Luck is probably smarter when it comes to classic standards, like the test scores, and academic accomplishments you mentioned above.  

But when it comes to football IQ, which is kinda the main focus of NFL QBs, Manning blows every other NFL QB in history out of the water.  Ryan Fitzpatrick and his offspring are certifiable geniuses in the regular world, but in the NFL, Fitz couldn't hold Mannings' jockstrap when it comes to football intelligence.

In any other situation besides being an NFL QB (and maybe social-interaction), Luck would probably run mental circles around Manning, but Manning is the most football-intelligent NFL QB to ever play.

If the guy I was responding to would have said football intelligence I wouldn't have responded.

8 hours ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

Yeah ok well see where that same defense goes without the sheriff. Why don't you bet on them again this year lol

1. It's not the same defense

2. Stop acting like manning was the driving force behind that Broncos team.  That doesn't make his career any less significant.

On 5/11/2017 at 2:32 PM, Superman said:

HC Arians > OC Arians. I am not a fan of OC Arians or his play calling, although he's obviously better than any OC we've had since.

On 5/11/2017 at 5:54 PM, BOTT said:

Arians is an average OC imo......can't hold a candle to Moore.  Plus, he has a history of letting his quarterbacks take a beating.

Yeah, Arians did get his QBs beat up.  I liked his aggressive play-calling, but that was the bad side.

I think Arians having Moore with him in Arizona has helped him as a HC a lot.

There are so many questions to be answered this year: will any of the FAs or rookies start and shine? Will Chud, Ted and Pags develop and adjust as coaches? Will the opposing teams be better than last year? Will the Colts stay healthy? (particularly Andrew) It does appear that Ballard has added depth and as a result, the special teams should be better, if Locke and Hennessy perform well. I would be shocked if this team doesn't win ten or more games but right now, we don't even know who's going to make up the 53 man roster and practice squads, (there still may be some players picked up from the final cuts). Respect from the National media will come, if the Colts play well and those who start praising the Colts as a dark horse team may come off as "ain't I smart for seeing something no one else does!" But that's just part of the crap we have to put up with, like another poster said, it really doesn't matter what they say, but I get the feeling that a new era is dawning in Colts Nation.

The Colts have never been media darlings and that is fine with me. Dallas could be winless for a decade and get more air time than 90% of the NFL teams. Keep in mind what goes on the air is what will get the goons talking nonstop. It's called "media hype". I don't spend much time worrying about the status of  Romo or Kaepernick but their stories linger like an old wart.

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

The Colts have never been media darlings and that is fine with me. Dallas could be winless for a decade and get more air time than 90% of the NFL teams. Keep in mind what goes on the air is what will get the goons talking nonstop. It's called "media hype". I don't spend much time worrying about the status of  Romo or Kaepernick but their stories linger like an old wart.

Yeah, the NFL might revenue-share, but they can't make the free media coverage-share.

Maybe Irsay doesn't fell small because he gets the revenue-sharing, but we will always be a small-market team with a small media presence.

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yeah, the NFL might revenue-share, but they can't make the free media coverage-share.

Maybe Irsay doesn't fell small because he gets the revenue-sharing, but we will always be a small-market team with a small media presence.

Winning cures small media presents. We were getting plenty of media attention when we went to the AFC championship game.

16 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

If we finish below the Jags, that means something went horribly wrong. 

Not really. If they can get Bortles to play slightly above average the Jags can be a decent/good team.