Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on Denzel good ?

ColtsXNation6

I have a feeling Denzel good will be our starting right guard after a hard camp battle with j hagg. Our o-line has alot of upside, I think our o-line Coach will give banner the laraven Clark treatment. Can you imagine banner and D good together on run plays that's like 700 pounds!

Him a heag are polar opposites. Good is big and strong but needs work on technique and stunt recognition. Heag is technically sound but needs help in the strength department. The fault for both of them are correctable as long as they put the work in.

A goal line formation with six lineman of good banner then Clark on the right side would be massive and should make a good size push into the endzone.

Just now, KB said:

Him a heag are polar opposites. Good is big and strong but needs work on technique and stunt recognition. Heag is technically sound but needs help in the strength department. The fault for both of them are correctable as long as they put the work in.

A goal line formation with six lineman of good banner then Clark on the right side would be massive and should make a good size push into the endzone.

Yes I totally agree with you I feel like d good will surprise people this year. So I'ma call it now frank Gore gets 1100 yards and 7 rushing touchdowns thanks to our young power House of a o-line. People need to wake up and stop sleeping on our o-line and on frank Gore, this season is taking forever lol. 

13 minutes ago, ColtsXNation6 said:

Yes I totally agree with you I feel like d good will surprise people this year. So I'ma call it now frank Gore gets 1100 yards and 7 rushing touchdowns thanks to our young power House of a o-line. People need to wake up and stop sleeping on our o-line and on frank Gore, this season is taking forever lol. 

You cant sleep on something that is yet to prove itself...

I know that 3 game stretch at the end of last season looked good, but it was only 3 games. I hope they pick right back up where they left off, but that is by no means a guarantee.

28 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

You cant sleep on something that is yet to prove itself...

I know that 3 game stretch at the end of last season looked good, but it was only 3 games. I hope they pick right back up where they left off, but that is by no means a guarantee.

I understand where your coming from, but I know for a fact people are sleeping on our o-line and our team as a whole. Even alot of our fans are too, I can understand the outside noise but I don't understand is why do many of our own fans have so little fait in OUR TEAM .GO COLTS

Haeg will be our RG IMO. I'm sure he's gotten stronger, and he now has a full year under his belt. I cant wait to see how Haeg and Clark look on the right side. But yeah referring to Haeg. He has the potential to be a very good starting guard.

I think Haeg and Clark will be the right side.  I still like Denzelle, but I believe he needs to grow a little bit.  He'll be the backup along with Banner and whomever else. I expect Good will look better this year, expecially if he loses some of that weight.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Haeg will be our RG IMO. I'm sure he's gotten stronger, and he now has a full year under his belt. I cant wait to see how Haeg and Clark look on the right side. But yeah referring to Haeg. He has the potential to be a very good starting guard.

Heag needs to put on about 15 lbs also 295 and 6'6 ,think is part of the issue with his str 

I feel like a move back to OT could be in order for Good.  He played fairly well there as a rookie, but he struggled at OG last year (even before he got injured).  I expect to see him at both spots, however, as guys like him have to show some versatility to hang around...

I think Good will be our starting RG along with Clark at RT.  This will be Goods 2nd. year focusing on the position and I'm expecting the so called second year jump to get the job.  I am also expecting Good will come in a little lighter and Haag a little heavier.  I think Haag is more versatile and will fill Reitz's role.  

2 hours ago, Archer said:

I feel like a move back to OT could be in order for Good.  He played fairly well there as a rookie, but he struggled at OG last year (even before he got injured).  I expect to see him at both spots, however, as guys like him have to show some versatility to hang around...

I feel like tackle is a better spot for D good, he showed alot of potential

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think Good will be our starting RG along with Clark at RT.  This will be Goods 2nd. year focusing on the position and I'm expecting the so called second year jump to get the job.  I am also expecting Good will come in a little lighter and Haag a little heavier.  I think Haag is more versatile and will fill Reitz's role.  

I sense Haeg is doing everything necessary this off-season to better his game, yet have no sense for what Good is doing.

Personally, I believe Good has a vastly superior ceiling. He possesses core power and athletic gifts, Haeg will just never match. To me the question is; does Good want it as much as Haeg? From where I sit, if both are equally motivated and working their butts off, Good owns the RG spot. 

4 minutes ago, Douzer said:

I since Haeg is doing everything necessary this off-season to better his game, yet have no since for what Good is doing.

Personally, I believe Good has a vastly superior ceiling. He possesses core power and athletic gifts, Haeg will just never match. To me the question is; does Good want it as much as Haeg? From where I sit, if both are equally motivated and working their butts off, Good owns the RG spot. 

I agree that good has a higher ceiling. The question for him is does he have the talent between the ears. His biggest miscues last year before the injury were mental. Another year should cure alot of those mistakes but maybe he just isn't smart enough. No offense to him (and not saying he isn't smart enough) but there so many players thay have all the physical tools but lack the mental aptitude for the game.

8 minutes ago, KB said:

I agree that good has a higher ceiling. The question for him is does he have the talent between the ears. His biggest miscues last year before the injury were mental. Another year should cure alot of those mistakes but maybe he just isn't smart enough. No offense to him (and not saying he isn't smart enough) but there so many players thay have all the physical tools but lack the mental aptitude for the game.

I actually believe he did quite well there.  Way back when the team was describing his attributes to the fans his high test scores were thrown into the conversation.  He apparently is a smart man.  Last year he was learning the position in the trenches and he started.  I'm hoping he makes the big jump this year. 

I know Cook tested through the roof before we drafted him....   but at this point,  he needs to drop 25 pounds to get at a more serious playing weight.      355 is just ridiculous....    too many young players think they have to get huge to play in the NFL.     Big is one,  but THIS BIG is crazy.

He's got all the talent in the world if he's playing closer to 330.    Hoping that Philbin can bring it out of him and that Haeg takes over the Reitz role...      Good and Clark on the right side could do a seriously good job of protecting Luck and opening holes for the run...

I think Banner is going to be a good Tackle/Guard in the NFL. Good/Harg and Clark may start this year but Banner is better than people give credit. I like him a lot with his size and Height. He would be nice to have him there lining up against some elite power rushers. 

14 hours ago, ColtsXNation6 said:

No one is sleeping on Frank Gore. We need a younger guy that hits the holes a lot faster. Gore is a hall a famer! 

15 hours ago, ColtsXNation6 said:

Depending on Gore more than likely is not a good idea.

He couldn't find the endzone last season and had a couple of crucial fumbles.

He also has stone hands when it comes to catching the football.

Don't get me wrong as Frank is a HOFer but his best days are behind him IMO.

21 hours ago, ColtsXNation6 said:

I understand where your coming from, but I know for a fact people are sleeping on our o-line and our team as a whole. Even alot of our fans are too, I can understand the outside noise but I don't understand is why do many of our own fans have so little fait in OUR TEAM .GO COLTS

Oh don't get me wrong, I have faith in the O-Line to build upon what they were accomplishing at the end of last season, I was just saying that the league aren't "sleeping" on them because it was only 3 games. That would be like saying the league was sleeping on that Patriots RB named Gray who demolished us for more than 200 yards in that one single game... But he was pretty much never heard from again...

If you cant do it consistently, you cant say that it is something real, and if it isnt real, then you cant be sleeping on it...