Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Since we have cap room

Rashad

Why dont we sign Brian Waters he was a probowler last year and could really help saturday and diem mentor some of the receivers and also he would be a major upgrade for a guard position and help the run game

A starting line of: Castonzo, Waters, Saturday, Ijalana, and Diem would be great imo

i like this but I feel if we have cap space then our O Line is not the biggest problem. What about brent grimes from atlanta or Donta Whitner from BUF? I am stuck on those two until they are resigned. If they both stay home then I would say an Asante Samuel trade is next best idea. If thats not gonna happen then I would love to see a Probowler at the G position.

We shouldn't spend a penny. This cap space affords us a few benefits: namely, emergency signings mid-season, structuring new deals for Wayne and/or Mathis, and potentially extending contracts for these one year FA's should they pan out.

Spending up to the limit only hinders our ability to be prepared for...well, anything.

We shouldn't spend a penny. This cap space affords us a few benefits: namely, emergency signings mid-season, structuring new deals for Wayne and/or Mathis, and potentially extending contracts for these one year FA's should they pan out.

Spending up to the limit only hinders our ability to be prepared for...well, anything.

We don't need 15.7mil in cap space for mid season signings.

We don't need 15.7mil in cap space for mid season signings.

And it's already pretty much decided that Wayne and Mathis aren't getting new deals until the season's over. If we still have significant cap space come December, maybe one of those two gets extended.

Fiscal responsibility.......love it! Too bad most people don't understand that concept, hence they get a credit card with a $5,000 spending limit and max it out! lol

$15 million under? Why didn't we sign Awesomugha then? I don't believe it for a second. There's gotta be a 10ft asterisk attached somewhere to that claim

As for Waters? NO THANK YOU. He's in the twilight phase of his career

i like this but I feel if we have cap space then our O Line is not the biggest problem. What about brent grimes from atlanta or Donta Whitner from BUF? I am stuck on those two until they are resigned. If they both stay home then I would say an Asante Samuel trade is next best idea. If thats not gonna happen then I would love to see a Probowler at the G position.

Brent Grimes will cost a second round pick along with an extra pick. Asante Samuel is now saying he doesn't want to be traded.

Brent Grimes will cost a second round pick along with an extra pick. Asante Samuel is now saying he doesn't want to be traded.

The Colts should do it. Grimes is coming into his prime. '09 - 13 passes defensed ; '10 - 23 passes defensed

sign him with performance bonuses as a good portion of the contract so he doesn't become like Hayden !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXsOnNwINLU

Not possible. Under the new CBA a team has to spend (I believe) AT LEAST 95% of it's salary cap, and (I believe) that all teams collectively must spend 99% of the money designated to the salary cap. The players want salary cap money actually going to the players.

The Colts have cap room this year but perhaps they are thinking about the cap room for next year when they will probably resign Wayne and Mathis??? I'm not going to pretend I understand the cap but it seems likely , plus the Colts aren't interested in getting a good FA for 1 yr. We have the cap room this year but not next?

The Colts have cap room this year but perhaps they are thinking about the cap room for next year when they will probably resign Wayne and Mathis??? I'm not going to pretend I understand the cap but it seems likely , plus the Colts aren't interested in getting a good FA for 1 yr.

Why wouldn't they be? They could spend all of that $15 mil this year on one year contracts for player to help THIS year, then not resign them next year so as to have room to resign Wayne and Mathis. How could they not be interested in bringing in players to help us win THIS year? Especially with the SB in Indianapolis this year...

Its just not the Colts way to sign a impact player for 1 year but Chris is doing things different. I just don't think that will change. Colts want a team, not a bunch of mercenaries, the only types they sign for 1 yr are plug and play types. Plus most good players want more than just 1 yr deals.

Maybe someone can shed more light on how teams plan for the following years cap.