Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keeping an eye on the 2018 class of QB's....

Not that the Colts will need one of these guys,   but it's always fun to monitor the most in-demand position on football....

So, beyond Kirk Cousins and Jimmy Garofalo and perhaps AJ McCarron and anyone else who comes on the veteran market,  there are these colleges guys coming from this NFL.com story....       just click and read....

The interesting thing to me is....    in the first category,  the elite category they have Louisville QB Lamar Jackson...   and I saw at least one story, maybe more, when un-named NFL personnel people referred to him as just another guy because he's so small...   200 pounds....    but the other three guys are much closer to the real deal.... perhaps not Andrew Luck level,  but very good prospects....

Enjoy!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000806319/article/next-men-up-top-qb-talents-in-cfb-pipeline-for-2017

McCarron needed someone to believe in him, unfortunately it is not the creature of habit that is Marvin Lewis who is loyal to a fault. I think he is a better QB than what has been showcased so far, just needs more playing time to show it. 

Anyone drafted to the Bengals as a non-starter, is not going to get a fair shake with their owner. He will never trade them without fleecing the other team, so it is unlikely to happen unless that owner is Al Davis trading for Carson Palmer. :) 

Most scouts have either josh Allen Wyoming or Sam Darnold USC going 1st. Arnold will only be a rs soph but had great freshman year at USC and capped it off with a terrific Rose bowl. He does have an elongated delivery which he has supposedly improved. 

Allen has ridiculous physical tools and plays in a pro style offense. 

3 other qbs expected to go in the 1st rd are Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson and mason Rudolph. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-scouts-are-already-salivating-over-the-wyoming-qb-who-could-go-no-1-in-2018/

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Josh the Rosen one. Love him. 

He will be an enormous bust.

Browning will never be a starter.

Darnold is going to be the most hyped since Luck, I think.

The good news is that it's going to be a better class than this year...so it should push some good prospects down.

I don't think people should sleep on Lamar Jackson. If he can add the weight...he has all of the tools to be a good QB. As someone who attends most Louisville home games, I will be interested to see what changes (if any) he makes this upcoming season while he is being scouted.

It is a great class of quarterbacks.

My current rankings:

Player Position College HT WT Rank
Sam Darnold QB USC 6'4" 225 1
Jarrett Stidham QB Auburn 6'3" 209 11
Jake Browning QB Washington 6'1" 209 12
Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma State 6'4" 235 21
Lamar Jackson QB Louisville 6'2" 205 25
Josh Allen QB Wyoming 6'5" 230 30
Josh Rosen QB UCLA 6'3" 210 33
Riley Ferguson QB Memphis 6'2" 190 88

This is way too early and not all of these quarterbacks are coming out.

Look out for Sam Darnold - That dude could be for real. I am talking Andrew Luck kind of real. Too soon to really tell though. 

Another one to really watch is Jarrett Stidham. Interesting story line, but he has great talent and he is in a dynamite situation to succeed. 

While it is not a lock, we are looking at possibly one of the best quarterback classes of all-time. 

At this point, I think Darnold is the real deal.

Don't like Rosen as much as Jackson and Darnold. Bum throwing shoulder, not as physically talented as the other two and probably has football character issues.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, chad72 said:

McCarron needed someone to believe in him, unfortunately it is not the creature of habit that is Marvin Lewis who is loyal to a fault. I think he is a better QB than what has been showcased so far, just needs more playing time to show it. 

Anyone drafted to the Bengals as a non-starter, is not going to get a fair shake with their owner. He will never trade them without fleecing the other team, so it is unlikely to happen unless that owner is Al Davis trading for Carson Palmer. :) 

If it wasn't for the Bengals being really dumb, McCarron would have won them a playoff game against Pittsburgh 2 seasons ago. He's good. He'll be given a starting opportunity somewhere. Although he better make sure that whatever team that ends up signing him promises him the chance as a long time starter. Don't wanna get Mike Glennon'd haha (although I think AJ is better than Mike).