colts52761

Locks:

Hilton

Moncrief

Dorsett

Aiken

Most likely

Rodgers

After that it's a camp battle.  I'm not so confident on Bray, his return abilities are fine but not all that exceptional.  And if a player goes down he offers little to nothing in term of receiving abilities.  I'd rather have a return man who can offer us something on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd downs.  

4 hours ago, akcolt said:

I was just looking at the UDFA's on the offensive side of the ball. Howard at 6'4 is one of the guys who stand out. I will be interested to see what he has when things get rolling. We have 2 guys returning from the PS I'm very interested in. Smith of course who may have been the final cut to 53 last season. Marcus Leak 6'0 220lbs or thereabouts made noise maybe the most early noise last year.. An injury prior to the first preseason game silenced him. The WR group is going to be very competitive and a tough path to the roster.

2 guys with a much easier paths are Muller and Crossan. Muller at 6'6" 315lb G with 49 Big 10 games under his belt appears ready ordered. Mewhort will start at LG beyond Jack we are shocking thin at G. After painfully watching Dorian Johnson go a handful of picks before our 4th round slot. I have hope Muller can provide immediate help at G. Looking at the roster OG is now the largest hole IMO. 

The RB position is wide open after the first 3 guy's. Ferguson didn't look like he belonged in the league last season. Todman is gone. Enter Crossman who look's to be a mix of Todman and what Ferguson was thought to be  His 71 career KO returns could be what secures him a spot. 

The Porter kid at CB looks to have some potential too.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

The Porter kid at CB looks to have some potential too.

I haven't had a chance to look closely at the D yet. Porter is a name I keep hearing. I like Melvin. Any kind of pass rush with Hooker over the top should really help whoever we run out.

I am interested to see what we do with Butler. No one could've expected Hooker to fall in our lap. I don't see much time at S not sure I want much time at corner. I am digging the younger faster thing we have going, I am excited to see what we can put together. 

34 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I haven't had a chance to look closely at the D yet. Porter is a name I keep hearing. I like Melvin. Any kind of pass rush with Hooker over the top should really help whoever we run out.

I am interested to see what we do with Butler. No one could've expected Hooker to fall in our lap. I don't see much time at S not sure I want much time at corner. I am digging the younger faster thing we have going, I am excited to see what we can put together. 

Hopefully we can get something out of Tevin Mitchell and Hairston.  Those two along with Melvin could possibly be decent depth. And of course there is Butler in a dual role.   I can see someone else being brought in as well though.

On 5/8/2017 at 4:40 AM, Chucklez said:

I will come back to you with that...

Moncrief is 24 when the seasons starts
Dorsett is 24 (older than moncrief)
Rogers is 23
Aiken is 28 at the end of May

Are you seriously telling me that Moncrief isnt going to improve? He has shown improvement already, if he hadnt missed half of last season he could have posted a monster 14 or 15 TDs and 650 - 700 yards or so... Considering the other options in our passing attack, those are very good numbers... especially the TDs... And those are his "inconsistent" numbers as you are putting it... What more do you want from him at 23 years old when he isnt even the number 1 receiver?

Dorsett we all know about, he was drafted too high and is buried lower on the depth chart than Moncrief. He has big play potential and has shown it though. He just needs to be utilised in the right way.

Rogers showed well in limited action, but isnt a starting WR for us.... Nor should he be... He is solid depth and that is all we need from him.

Aiken is icing on the cake and gives us that solid second #2 WR should moncrief go down, and if TY goes down, Aiken and Moncrief arent so bad to have as your starting 2 wideouts, with Rogers backing them up, not to mention Doyle is an option and Swoope showed great last year. He is only going to get better too with more and more football time.

I will be honest, I stopped reading at the bolded part above. I never said that.