Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Brandon Boykin an option?

He was one of the very best slot corners in the league for several years before he got injured last year and missed the full season on injured reserves list. What am I missing, guys? Why is he not getting any offers? Wouldn't it be a good move to get him as depth/slot piece and see if we can get him back to his better days in the league. It's not like he's old. He's still 26(will be 27 when the season starts). He should be in his athletic prime at this point of his career.

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

may not  be healthy

theres rumors he has a degenerative hip

That shouldn't be an issue on a cheap one year deal though; which is probably all he will get at this point.

They'll probably wait to see how the rookies are catching on in the OTAs before thinking about bringing in any vets to try out.  

If Boykin can pass physicals, he won't have any problems getting a job.  

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Yeah I heard he had a hip thing too.

If he's healthy and not going to destroy his body by returning then I'd be up for it. He's a solid nickel option.

3 hours ago, Colt-King21 said:

I'm all for it.

He got signed by the Ravens. He's starting camp with them. I truly don't know why we didn't give him a shot. We are one of the teams that need help in the secondary the most.

17 hours ago, stitches said:

He got signed by the Ravens. He's starting camp with them. I truly don't know why we didn't give him a shot. We are one of the teams that need help in the secondary the most.

I'm not really sure. We really don't have much depth behind Vontae (since Butler is now playing safety) and Wilson is a huge question mark. Melvin showed that he can play, so hopefully he continue to grow with more experience.

If Davis goes down, we will be left very thin at the CB position. Maybe CB can pull something off in order to bring some talent and depth to our roster before the season begins.