Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsett looking Bigger and Built Up

AustexColt

Looking at the photos, I think Dorsett has really bulked up. If he has not lost any speed this could mean a year without injury. Looks promising and wish him the best. As a first rounder from Miami, I know Irsay was very up on his signing. That was a year we really really needed a Defensive pick. Hopefully Reggie Wayne has been helping his fellow Hurricane.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HE knows he needs to perform or he is out. Ballard has not problem letting him go since it was Grigson that wasted a first round pick on a guy we could have gotten later in the draft or picked a defensive player that was so desperately needed

26 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

HE knows he needs to perform or he is out. Ballard has not problem letting him go since it was Grigson that wasted a first round pick on a guy we could have gotten later in the draft or picked a defensive player that was so desperately needed

Dorsett being a Grigson pick has exactly nothing to do with it. If Dorsett can play he will be a Colt. If not, he will get cut. He is still on a rookie contract and all this negativity aimed at him is uncalled for. He has yet to be utilized for a number of reasons. You sound like you want to hate on him because he was drafted #1 when he was not in control of that. Now you are whining over spilled milk.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Dorsett being a Grigson pick has exactly nothing to do with it. If Dorsett can play he will be a Colt. If not, he will get cut. He is still on a rookie contract and all this negativity aimed at him is uncalled for. He has yet to be utilized for a number of reasons. You sound like you want to hate on him because he was drafted #1 when he was not in control of that. Now you are whining over spilled milk.

dude lighten up, I am just saying that Ballard will not have the stigma of cutting like Grigson would since he picked him in the first round. Thats it, I am pulling for him to succeed 

5 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

dude lighten up, I am just saying that Ballard will not have the stigma of cutting like Grigson would since he picked him in the first round. Thats it, I am pulling for him to succeed 

I believe that is not what your comment was saying. Maybe my reading comprehension is off a little but I don't think so.

Hope he is ready for a breakout year! Pulling for him, really believe the talent is there. Want him to be the player the Colts need, where he was drafted is really irrelevant. As mentioned in earlier post, his draft status wasn't on him!

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Chill out dude. I think your reading comprehension skills are a little off.  What he's trying to convey (I think) is Ballard has nothing invested in Dorsett. If he was the one that selected him in the first round, Ballard would be more patient and see if he develops---since he's the one that chose him. However, since that isn't the case, Ballard can easily cut ties with Dorsett if he underperforms. 

34 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

An easy one to dislike? For what?

If that's the case then there are some pretty sad haters in here.

I'm sure he means many fans,(including myself) That feel Dorsett has not lived up to his draft position. Last year he was unable to step up when Moncrief went down. He was outplayed the entire year by undrafted free agent Chester Rogers. He so far has the looks of a draft bust.

52 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He shouldn't have been a 1st rounder 2nd maybe but not 1st.

Hes very similar to John Ross who went very early in the draft last week. He needs to be coached. He needs to perfect route running to reach his potential. He needs to learn to change speed during routes to deceive the defense. He has talent but our coaching staff has shown they have no clue how to use him. Even if you give him a few screens or a drag a game it would be effective. The kid has incredible speed but we choose to just use him on clear outs all game.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

When?

He averaged 16 yards a catch in his 2nd year.

Very few WR's averaged that last year.....     he was better in year 2 than he was in year 1.

Hopefully,  he's better in year 3.      The Colts brought in a new WR coach this year and I'm sure he'll work with Dorsett.       It's time to see how much he improves.....

I'm getting tired of reading negative comment after negative comment regarding Dorsett.  He had nothing to do with who drafted him and in which round he was drafted.  As far as that's concerned, at this point, it's all water under the bridge.  Just be glad that we have as many talented receivers on our team as we do.  Yes, I consider Dorsett a talented receiver.  I don't consider him the most talented on the team, but only one person can hold that title anyway (Hilton).  My point is, just be glad he's on our team.  We could have far worse receivers.  I wish him the best.

If the coaching staff ever figure out how to use this guy. The Colts offence could be on another level. I hope Dorsett puts in the work this summer.  I am pulling for him to succeed. His speed is crazy, and with him getting stronger it should help him when CB's try to jam him at the line of scrimmage. If Dorsett gets a step on you I don't think there are many CB's that could catch him.

1 hour ago, Qcolts said:

Hes very similar to John Ross who went very early in the draft last week. He needs to be coached. He needs to perfect route running to reach his potential. He needs to learn to change speed during routes to deceive the defense. He has talent but our coaching staff has shown they have no clue how to use him. Even if you give him a few screens or a drag a game it would be effective. The kid has incredible speed but we choose to just use him on clear outs all game.

Canes fan here who probably watched every game of his in college. Also watched a lot of PAC 12 and UW this year. IMO Ross is significantly better than Dorsett coming out of college. Ross' blazing 40 actually translates to the football speed and he is much more elusive (think Desean Jackson). The majority of canes fans did not think Dorsett was a great college player but knew who would run a terrific 40 that would boost his draft stock. 

As a freshman Stacey Coley (7th rd pick for Vikings this year) looked like a better prospect than Dorsett as a junior. As a colts and canes fan, I really hope he makes some a major strides this year. 

4 hours ago, Boilermaker said:

Chill out dude. I think your reading comprehension skills are a little off.  What he's trying to convey (I think) is Ballard has nothing invested in Dorsett. If he was the one that selected him in the first round, Ballard would be more patient and see if he develops---since he's the one that chose him. However, since that isn't the case, Ballard can easily cut ties with Dorsett if he underperforms. 

How do you know this? To save you time, I'll answer it: you don't. You are just making stuff up. I suggest a professional GM would cut / keep a player based on the value he has to the team, not based on who 'picked' him. 

4 hours ago, ar1888 said:

I'm sure he means many fans,(including myself) That feel Dorsett has not lived up to his draft position. Last year he was unable to step up when Moncrief went down. He was outplayed the entire year by undrafted free agent Chester Rogers. He so far has the looks of a draft bust.

It's hard to step up when your QB don't have time to look for you. Luck force feeds Hilton and then dumps off to Doyle when he runs out of time. He has no time to go through any progressions so in turn Dorsett gets no looks on any regular bases.

Saying Rogers out performed him don't mean much when neither one of them were utilized.

4 hours ago, Boilermaker said:

4 hours ago, ar1888 said:

I think and I'm sure he means?

Re read what was said before adding your own meanings to things neither one of you know what was said.

3 hours ago, Qcolts said:

It's an insult to Ross to compare the two. Ross was a highly productive college receiver who roasted some of the best corners in football. Dorsett wasn't even a 1,000 yard receiver in any of his years with Miami. This is a guy who's speed was supposed to make him lethal in the return game and he quickly got kicked off of those duties. Dorsett is nothing like Ross besides being fast and small.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think and I'm sure he means?

Re read what was said before adding your own meanings to things neither one of you know what was said.

Maybe that's what you're doing? 

5 hours ago, will426 said:

It's not Dorsett it's the playcalling this man would EAT on slants crossing routes or corner routes from the slot...and someone had posted many photos of Dorsett being open and luck flat out ignore him

I think those days are over since we have a new GM in the building. Those coaches that do not use this guy and continually let Luck ignore him will not be here long. Dorsett has got to do his part this summer. 1 Get your confidence up (for whatever reason he hasn't had it since he has been drafted, this is the only difference between him and John Ross) 2. Which leads to this---stop dropping the ball please---. One thing you will notice about John Ross he is very confident, BOLD.  I look for him to have a big year because of the other receivers on that team.  And I keep saying what if about Dorsett, because of the other receivers on this team. I am really pulling for this guy.